Hyoyeon, 5 Dec 2020

In a Snap
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“The rescue operation for Jessica Jung, a businesswoman and former member of the girl group Girls’ Generation, has been postponed until tomorrow morning. A sudden thunderstorm hit the North Pacific Ocean as of the moment and the forecast states the weather will calm down by tomorrow, the 6th of December 2020. It is to be noted that Jessica had been stranded in a cruise ship alone for 853 days.”

“Will she be alright?” Wendy asked, pertaining to the news we are currently watching.

“I’m sure that the unnamed hero would take care of her in the meantime. Don’t worry that much.” Joy, another Red Velvet member, told her. She looked at me and Taeyeon, then gave us an assuring smile. I responded with a smile in return. Taeyeon seemed to have didn’t notice as she was just staring intently at the news, though.

This... this could have shocked Taeyeon so much. I found her lips trembling a little as she listened to the news.

It has been two hours passed since we all have gathered here in the cafeteria when Heechul announced to everyone to head here for this breaking news. The news channel seemed to have covered this breaking news for such a long time and we glued ourselves up on watching the real-time events.

The unnamed hero was also stranded in the ship too because the fuel of the plane he was illegally flying ran out and he had to do an emergency landing right on top of the abandoned ship where Jessica was.

The news program has finally able to secure a time with the unnamed hero. The number of people in the cafeteria of the SM Entertainment building even doubled because of the exclusive live interview via the satellite phone the unnamed Hero was using.

“Mister, how can we address you properly?” the news anchor asked.

“Oh umm--- you can just call me Mister.”

“Are you sure you don’t want to disclose your name? Even just your initials?”

“No. it’s alright. The world doesn’t need to know who I am.”

“Okay. Is it alright if we call you Hero?”

The Hero chuckled, “No. That’s too much. I’m not a hero. I was just a random individual who had flown right into the Pacific Ocean.”

“And, we actually have a follow-up question on that. How did you end up flying over the Pacific Ocean? What aircraft did you use?”

“Oh. I would rather not speak about that. I’m so sorry. It is a very confidential matter.”

Someone from the background of the satellite phone uttered, “He flew his father’s jet! It’s a small fighter jet! Like an X-wing but real!”

“Aisshh--- Minseok! Stop it!” the Hero shouted at the guy. Then, the Hero faked a laugh, “Sorry about that. That was my nosy best friend, by the way. I sort of uhmm— dragged him to fly with me since my mother wouldn’t allow me unless I have a company.”

“We would just like to ask another, though. Was it really your goal to go to the pacific ocean? Wouldn’t that take hours for you arrive to where you are right now?”

He sighed before he answered, “The view of the sky distracted me I didn’t notice the distance.”

“Liar.” the best friend said then we heard a thud.

“Minseok, give me that!”

The best friend explained, “That’s not what happened. What happened actually was, I was praying for my life since I felt like I was about to die. This stupid best friend of mine calmed me down by playing a fitting song for our flight. It’s called ‘Find Me’ by Taeyeon. THE Kim Taeyeon. Do you know Taeyeon, Mister? THE Kim Taeyeon? My best friend is totally a big, diehard fan of hers.”

I looked at Taeyeon. An obvious blush was on her cheeks. She lowered her head and hid her face with her hand. She seemed to be embarrassed about what she’s hearing.

The best friend continued, “So... the lyrics for ‘Find Me’ goes like this... Don’t stop flying until you fiiiiiinnnnnd meee~ So my stupid best friend of mine didn’t really stop flying until we reached so far above the clouds!”

“MINNSEEOOOOKKKKKKK!!!” the Hero shouted.

Yet, he still continued, “Oh. Also, just to add... we realized the entire family of Jessica got blipped so she has no family now. So I think it would be better to send Taeyeon and Hyoyeon to take her instead. In that way, we can also see the last of GG together too!”

The rest of the people inside the cafeteria was laughing a lot too. Well... The Hero and his sidekick sure are a very dynamic comic duo. Can’t blame them on that.

“Give me that!” The Hero seemed to have finally taken his phone away. We heard loud and quick footsteps. A door was then locked. “Okay. Sorry about that. Let me just give a brief explanation. So uhhm — yeah, my best friend was right on that one why I got distracted. But, then after that, it was too late when I realized we consumed too much fuel and it’s impossible for us to return. So, we have to take an emergency landing and fortunately, I found a giant S.O.S. at a top of the ship. That’s it. And the rest that happened, I hope you understand we’ll just give the information to the authorities. Thank you very much. Bye.” And he quickly ended the call. The news continued to give updates on the preparation of the rescue and a portion for theories of how did Jessica survive alone for 853 days.

Heechul then said, “Wow. It was just an accident on their end and they still helped someone.”

“I feel like the Hero is a very handsome guy.” Yeri said. “It would be a great love story if Jessica-unnie falls in love with him. It’s like a Disney movie in real life.”

Joy asked, “But Jessica-unnie has a boyfriend, right?”

“I’m pretty sure her boyfriend went along with her in that cruise and look at now. She was the sole survivor.”

Suddenly, Taeyeon’s manager came inside the cafeteria. “Taeyeon. Hyoyeon. Come with me, please.”

We both followed her manager, and they took us to a room. There were three military officials inside. We approached them and the somewhat higher ranked official shook our hands. “Good Evening. I am Deputy General Nahyun. These are my assistants. We would like to ask if would you be available tonight and tomorrow to accompany us to the rescue site of Miss Jessica Jung.”

“Yes, of course. Thank you for approaching us.” I said.

He then smiled apologetically, “I know it would be a hassle for the both of you but all the relatives of Miss Jessica Jung have vanished, including her boyfriend. We don’t know anyone but you two.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter