Jessica, 853rd day

In a Snap
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"They say I do have a perfect life."

The reporter then asked back, "Do you think they were right?"

"Well... I am beautiful. I am intelligent. I am talented. I have a wealthy and loving family. I have a loyal and supportive boyfriend. I have a strong career, and even my business is booming." I smirked at her, "I guess I can say yes. They're right. I do have a perfect life."

She smiled, "You sure are. And with this? On what you have done here? This is actually the first time in history for a 30-year old woman like you to own a gigantic cruise ship like this and sail for many years."

"Well... People also say I can do anything which, I think I can. I know I really can. I can do anything I want." I smirked at the reporter. "And this is what I want. A cruise forever traveling all over the world."

I led her to the door of the grand hall, "And you'll soon see why no one has ever left this place." I opened the door of the grand hall. "Welcome to Jessica Land: A paradise in the middle of the ocean."

That was the cue for my DJs to start on the celebration. Loud music erupted, and the whole place full of people have begun to party.

It has always been like this every day and night in Jessica Land. Non-stop parties. Non-stop escapade. Non-stop cruising in all parts of the World. Non-stop happiness.

Right in the middle of the night, I asked the DJ to play my favorite music. As it played, the reporter went closer to me.

 

Seduction is easy That common way to spend this night We’re a little too special to spend it that way

 

"Say. This sure is very astounding, Miss Jung." the reporter said.

"Sounds to me you like to stay here for good."

"As much as I want to, Miss Jung, I can't. I need to go back to Korea for work."

 

Yeah hold on, the magic, the desire, the moon They whisper closely “It’s alright honey”

 

"Please. Don't call me that." I giggled and slapped her lightly on the chest. "Jessica. Just Jessica."

She chuckled, "Alright. Jessica, it is."

"So, what's your name?"

"Taeyeon."

 

The darkness is deep, it will hide the secret I want to go where it leads us, but

 

"Taeyeon? As in the singer Taeyeon?"

She responded with a smirk, "Maybe or maybe not."

I went closer to her and wrapped my arms around her neck. She rested her hands on the sides of my waist. I uttered, "Look at that. You're getting a good grasp of the mindset here in Jessica Land."

"Are you sure your boyfriend is okay with this?"

I chuckled, "What's with 'this'? It's not like we're doing anything bad. We're just dancing with your music."

"Jessica," she called out of concern. She always calls me with her thick Korean English accent. It was cute but at the same time, so tempting for me, tempting for me to kiss her every ing time.

 

Tell me, want you baby, want you baby It’s like a universe inside of you Need you closer, if I fall in

 

"As I said earlier, my boyfriend has always been very supportive of me," I said as I caressed her soft lips with my finger.

She looked at me with her seducing eyes. "And I just hope your boyfriend won't kill me with what I'm about to do to you."

 

So that everything collapses and melts You make me absurdly crazy Come and You don’t stop that fire Cause I got love, I got love, ​ I got love

 

 

 

 

.

What the was that?

I bolted up from my bed. I noticed it is already 8:23 AM.

What the ing was that? Was that even ing real?!

I quickly stood and went out of the room and ran in all the places of the deck, only to find myself heading back to my room.

Empty. Still empty.

It was a ing dream.

I wrote on the whiteboard in my suite. I happened to have taken this from one of the crew rooms.

622

I quickly went to find my dictaphone. Yes, I have a dictaphone. Technically as well, I took this from one of the rooms in this passenger cruise.

I pressed the record button and started, "It's day 622. It's me again, Jessica... Jessica..." I chuckled. "Would you believe I have forgotten my surname?"

"Anyway... I dreamed again. And it was crazy weird. People around here weren't gone, and we were all partying. I felt it was real. I remember it all happening yesterday. I swear."

"Then, there was a reporter who came to this ship and asked me for a video interview. It was ing heck-- Taeyeon. Kim ing Taeyeon." I chuckled. "And we freaking made out. Then, we ing had afterward! Can you believe that?"

I then noticed the portable cd player speaker still playing that song,

 

Why are you like that, trust it, I want you Cause I got love Why are you like that, trust it (Like a dream) I want you (I’m lost in you) Cause I got love (I only want you, can you believe me)

 

I quickly turned it off. "Holy , Rachel." Yes, I call my dictaphone, Rachel. "I think now I know the reason why I dreamed of ing Taeyeon. It was this freaking seductive song. I GOT LOVE."

I then noticed a large ziplock bag with a bit of leaf left inside. I smelled it, and I knew I was right. "And this large bag of weed. Oh ing damn it. I think I consumed all this yesterday. No wonder I felt like everything was so real." I then said in defense, "Hey, Rachel. You cannot judge me on this one. It's my freaking birthday today. I must have felt lonely yesterday. Wait. Is it my birthday today?" I looked at my phone. The date is the 18th of April 2020. "The . It is. And I am ing 31 already."

I groaned as I have fallen myself on my bed. "! I am so old!"

"And I think I will grow old and die in this ship all ing alone!"

I shouted with the loudest I could, "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

I took a deep breath and calmed myself down. " this. I died at the age of 29. I died exactly on the 5th of August 2018. All of this right now is unreal. I think I am just a ghost now. Right. I am a ghost on this ship! Am I right, Rachel?"

I sighed deeply again. "Okay. I think I gotta stop this stupid thinking again. Could be I am emotional knowing the fact that my age is about to leave the calendar by next year."

I turned off the dictaphone and put it in my pocket. I walked towards the whiteboard again and stared at the number I just wrote.

Look at that. It has been 622 days passed since I've been cruising along on this gigantic ship with 805 rooms. And it's maximum occupancy? 8,880 people.

805... Funny, isn't it? It was that day, the 5th of August, almost two years ago, when everyone in this Caribbean vacation cruise was gone except me. Only me. Out of 8,880 people, I was the only one left. Even my whole family cruising with me was gone.

Well, technically, there were four of us. I found two somewhat seventy-year-old-ish lovers dead at the center of the pool at the topmost deck. They could have been hit by the storm the night of that day. I found my boyfriend in the middle deck restaurant. He was stabbed by a gigantic iron rod at his very heart. The rod could have hit him due to the storm too.

Don't ask why I talk like this, emotionless and sounded like I generally didn't care about the lives lost. Cause... the , seriously, I think in my first fifty days, I was ing emotional and crazy over the fact I was the only one left in this doomed place. ALONE. I even saw my boyfriend dead FOR GOOD and those two old people brutally murdered by the storm. Yeah. Their bodies were cut in half.

I gave the three a proper funeral, though. I built them caskets. Unfortunately, another storm came and made their coffins stuck at the top of the cruise ship. Yeah, they were all stuck in the gigantic signal transmission antenna. It was horrible. Every single day I see their bodies decaying under the sun.

Anyway, I was tormented for my first few days. So ing many days that I got depressed. I don't even know if I will manage to survive. So, what do you expect m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter