No plans

My valentine

Jungkook sat up in room, curled in a ball on his bed. He checked the latest text message from his best friend.

"Wish you were here! Miss you." 

Attached was a photo of Taehyung with a drink in his hand and two girls on either side of him. Jungkook sighed, rolling his eyes.

There was a party that night, celebrating bringing in the new year. Jungkook lied saying he had other plans but in reality, he couldn't handle being around Taehyung right now. The last few months, Jungkook had been trying to understand his feelings towards Taehyung but lately, he's been too scared to admit it. The next day, Jungkook wakes up to a knock on the door. He groans and slowly makes his way to the door. He cracks it open slightly.

"What?" He mumbles, tiredly.

He suddenly wakes up, blushing, noticing the boxy smile that only Taehyung had. 

"Morning sleepy head." He says happily, shoving a cup of coffee into Jungkook's hands.

"What are you doing here so early?" Jungkook asked, looking at his watch.

Taehyung laughs.

"Early? Kookie its noon." 

Jungkook started coughing, choking on coffee.

"Noon?!" He exclaimed.

Taehyung cocked his head to one side.

"What are you so worried about?" He asked.

Jungkook calmed down quickly.

"Uh-huh nothing...just surprised I slept that late." He answers.

"Well? You ready or what?" 

"For what?" Jungkook asked, confused.

"Don't tell me you forgot about practice today?"

Jungkooks eyes widened as he ran to get ready. Taehyung plopped on the couch waiting patiently and swiping through a dating app. 

Finally, Jungkook ran out of the room. Taehyung following slowly behind him. The two sped off to practice, Jungkook panicking the entire way. Taehyung smirked and gently rubbed Jungkook's ear to help him calm down. Jungkook froze, shivers crawling down his spine. He blushed, smiling. Taehyung smiled back at him, patting his shoulder.

"Don't worry. Even if we are late, it's probably not a big deal." 

~20 minutes later~

"Where have you two been?!" Pd nim hollered

Jungkook gulped, looking at the ground. 

"It was my fault. I woke up late so I was late picking Jungkook up." Taehyung answered, quickly.

Jungkook stayed quiet, shifting his gaze to Taehyung.

Their manager folded his arms across his chest, staring at them. He huffed.

"Well....this is your first time being late. Don't do it again. But as punishment I expect you two to stay after practice and scrub the floors. Make it look nice. My boss is coming tomorrow so it needs to look spectacular." 

The two nodded and went on with practice. Jungkook was having a hard time focusing because Taehyung kept messing with him. When Jungkook would try to practice his solo, Taehyung would sneak up behind him and squeeze his sides or annoy him. Finally, practice ended, for the others.  Jungkook grabbed a mop, soap and water. He noticed Taehyung smiling at his phone.

"Hey, you mind if you cover for me? Got a hot date in a few. You understand, right?" He asked.

Jungkook nodded.

"Uh-huh yea...sure. Go have fun. See you later." He mumbled.

Taehyung lightly punched Jungkook's shoulder.

"Thanks bro." He said, leaving.

Jungkook sighed.

A while later, pd nim came to check on the work.

"Where's Tae?" He asked.

"Uh...he had a family emergency so he had to take off but don't worry, I'll finish it." Jungkook said slowly.

His manager nodded.

"Oh...alright."

A few hours later, Jungkook finally finished cleaning the place up. He was exhausted. He dragged his sore body to the nearest bus station. He sat on the bench, waiting for the bus when he gets a text from Taehyung.

"Wheres the party tonight?" He asked.

Jungkook quickly responded saying he was too tired and going home. He sighed, thinking about Taehyung. He was too invested in his phone that he missed the first bus. He checked when the next one would be there, 30 minutes.

"That's not too bad." He thought to himself.

Finally, his bus came, On the way home, he fell asleep on the bus, missing his stop. Shortly after, he was woken up by the bus driver. He quickly got off the bus thinking of what to do, it started raining heavily so he quickly ran under cover. He tried to  call Taehyung but got no answer. Next, he called Namjoon. Namjoon answered tiredly but sprung up as soon as he heard the desperate plea coming through the phone.

"Hyung...help me I dont know where I am..i'm scared..." Jungkook said, nervously.

"Okay calm down I'll be right there Kookie. If you see a restaurant or something wait there." Namjoon. Answered.

Jungkook noticed a bar open and quickly went towards that. He shivered slumping down into a booth. Soon enough, Namjoon and Jin made it to Jungkook. He hugged them tightly.

"Thank you for coming." His stated.

Namjoon and Jin exchanged glances.

"Why wouldn't we?" Jin asked.

Jungkook blushed, slightly embarrassed.

"W-well...i tried calling Taehyung but he didn't answer. And he left after practice today..for an emergency.." He said slowly

"We'll talk to him tomorrow. Don't worry. For now, lets get you home. You must be freezing."

Jin drove back to his place.

"Just stay here for the night. We have clothes here for you to sleep in. Take a shower so you get warm. Have you eaten?" He asked.

Jungkook shook his head tiredly, no.

"I'll make some food. Eat before you go to bed." He said.

After showering and eating, Jungkook laid on the guest bed, looking through Taehyung's texts. 

"Looks like he had fun with his "emergency." He thought to himself, sad and slightly jealous.

Jungkook felt trapped in his emotions and nobody to tell them to. He hoped someday soon he could tell Taehyung his true feelings.