Chapter 1

Six o'Clock
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

March 24th, 2020, Seoul Time

 

02.11 AM, Moonbyul’s car

Moonbyul was driving her car to her apartment, she’s been working from the first ray of sunlight hit her room until the pure black night shimmered by the stars. She was finally able to go home, the streets were quiet, only a few cars on the street, no music to be heard, no emotions showed from her face as she drove her car.

 

“So tired…”

 

02.40 AM, Moonbyul’s apartment

By the time she arrived at her apartment, night had fallen, wrapped the city in a blanket of darkness.

She kicked off her shoes and slapping against the cold floor, she walked to the living room and threw her car key, bag, and her suit on the sofa. She stripped her clothes down, stepped into the shower to freshen up. Moonbyul walked out from the bathroom wearing her favorite black satin pajamas with her half wet hair, she went to the kitchen. She opened the kitchen cabinet, took a wine glass and a bottle of wine from her fridge.

 

“Good job for today Byul-ah, you deserved a glass of wine!” she said to herself as she tried to keep the positivity.

 

Still, no music to be heard from her place, only the sound of poured wine can be heard. She brought the wine to the living room, she stood facing her apartment window and looking at the city view, she sipped her wine slowly and enjoyed herself drowned in the quietness of the night.

 

Realizing it’s getting late, she went back to the kitchen to refill the empty glass with water and brought it with her to the bedroom, she put it on the night table beside her bed. She glanced at the clock while climbing to her bed, it showed 03.20 AM “, I better go to sleep now” she pulled up the blanket to her neck and was ready to call it a night or morning..

 

06.10 AM, Bedroom

*Cellphone ringing*

 

Moonbyul was surprised by the sound of her phone

“Huh, what’s that sound.” she said with a hoarse voice

Realized it was her phone ringing she woke up half asleep and walked to the living room, she took out her phone from the bag she threw on the sofa last night. She saw ‘Dad’, she quickly pressed the answer button.

 

“Hello” there was a trace of nervousness in her voice.

“Byul-ah, sorry to wake you up. It’s urgent, our branch in Denver has a serious problem, I need you to go and stay there asap, by Sunday you have to be there.” His voice was clear and bold.

 

Moonbyul felt like getting struck by a lightning, anger slowly boiled up inside her.

“But Dad, you know I’m in the middle of working on the project we both agreed on, for almost 6 months, I even barely sleep..” her voice trembled.

“Byul-ah, it’s urgent and only you can fix the problem. Don’t worry about the project, I’ll ask your sister to continue your project. Okay, now we’re clear right?”

“Wow dad, you don’t even let me finish my word.”

Her knees felt so weak, she sat on the sofa with trembling hands.

 

“What do you really want from me dad? You’re the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter