if you believe her...

meet me at the bottom of the ocean where the time is frozen

Minji and Handong’s plan was so perfectly thought out that it made Yoohyeon a little bit scared of them and how their minds worked.

Short version of the plan: Pretend Minji was kidnapped by someone and blame it on Prince Yoongi, pretend to be pirates and get into The Cutthroat Lee’s Ship. 


“Easy peasy, right?”, Minji had said with a wide smile on her face after she finished explained her carefully thought out plan to Yoohyeon, who just looked at Minji as if the princess had grown two heads.


While it seemed simple, the long version of the plan was as it follows:

  1. Minji would convince her parents to let her give Prince Yoongi a tour of their kingdom, and since Minji would finally show herself willing to spend time with the prince, her parents would surely let her go outside of the castle’s walls.
  2. Once they were convinced, she’d insist on going with Prince Yoongi alone, since it’d be better for them to strengthen their bond without prying eyes around.
  3. If her parents tried to argue about their security, Minji would suggest only being accompanied by her handmaiden and one of their knights -the latter being one of their lowest ranks so they could dispose of them quickly- as surely Prince Yoongi was more than capable of taking care of Minji.
  4. Hire some thugs to kidnap the princess, knockout the prince and the knight, and leave some clue that would point to Prince Yoongi being the culprit behind it.
  5. Lay low for some days somewhere in the woods, and after things calmed down a little, head to the coast.
  6. After disguising themselves as pirates, go to the seedy bar called ‘Poison Love’, where The Cutthroat Lee’s crew was rumored to hang around and somehow charm them into taking them to their captain.
  7. Become part of The Cutthroat Lee’s crew and live happily ever after, far way from the Kim’s Kingdom.

“Let me get this straight, you want to hire someone to do that next week, when you’re meeting Prince Yoongi?”

“Yes, it’s not like it’s going to be hard, right? We just hire someone to ‘kidnap’ me, make it seem like it was the prince’s fall, disguise ourselves as pirates and get into The Cutthroat Lee’s Ship”, Minji said as if what they were about to do was as normal as going to church.

Yoohyeon frowned, “You do know The Cutthroat Lee’s ship is called ‘The Paradox’, right? You can just call it that”.

Minji pouted and adorably stomped her feet, “But it seems more dramatic if I call it The Cutthroat Lee’s Ship”.

Yoohyeon was about to say something else when Handong merely put a hand on her shoulder and shook her head, as if to tell her that no matter what she said, she wouldn’t be able to change Minji’s mind.

Frustrated, Yoohyeon plopped down on a chair, “Do you already know who you’re going to hire to ‘kidnap’ you?”

“Not really?”, Minji tapped a finger against her cheek, seemingly deep in thought.

Yoohyeon held back a groan, Handong was really lucky she loved her so much or else, she’d have already beat up the princess a little to knock some sense into her. The trio went silent for a few seconds, before Yoohyeon sighed and said, “I might know someone”.

Handong lifted an eyebrow at that, “From where?”

“A distant cousin?”, the way Yoohyeon said it made it seem like there was something more to her statement, that and the fact that she avoided looking at either of them while she said it.

“Perfect!”, Minji clapped her hands in excitement, “Now that that’s taken care of, we should buy some clothes and roughen them up a little”, she snapped her fingers and looked at Handong when a light bulb went off in her head, “We could even drop them in the stables so the horses can make them dirty and smelly”.

Wait, what?, Minji´s words made Yoohyeon’s head snap up.

“Why would our outfits need to be dirty and smelly?”, Yoohyeon asked, and for some reason, Handong thought she sounded offended.

Minji shrugged, “Well, we have to do our best to pass up as pirates, right? That’s also why we are going to lay low in the woods for a few days and not somewhere more comfortable”.

Yoohyeon looked incredulously at Minji, she couldn’t believe what the princess was saying, The slander! The audacity!

Handong frowned, that was the part of the plan she liked the least, “I don’t know how I am going to survive without bathing for a few days”.

“Remember our plan, the fouler the smell, the more pirate-y we will seem”, Minji pointed out.

Suddenly, Yoohyeon got up from her chair, making it fall down to the floor with a bang; the two other women jumped in fright at the sudden noise.

“Pirates do bathe!”, Yoohyeon exclaimed, her hands balling into fists and her face turning a deep shade of red, “That they don’t is just a myth used to scare children into not becoming one”.

Now, it was Minji’s turn to look at Yoohyeon as if she had grown to heads, “Uh, no? Pirates don’t bathe and that’s a well known fact”.

Meanwhile, Handong could only look at the two in amusement.

Yoohyeon released a hard breath, her eyes suddenly burning with a fire that almost scared Minji, “Pirates. Do. Bathe”.

“They don’t”, Minji crossed her arms.

There were so many things that Yoohyeon wanted to say but there was something -she glanced at Handong from the corner of her eyes- holding her back. She opened and closed like a fish, no words coming out of it, just frustrated sounds.

Taking mercy on her lover, Handong hugged her from behind, rested her face on Yoohyeon’s shoulder and whispered, “It’s okay, love. I know”.

Yoohyeon’s entire semblance changed, the fight seemingly gone from her body, instead, she seemed afraid.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about”, she tried to shake herself out from Handong’s embrace, but her lover simply held her firmly.

Minji just looked in confusion at the couple, not understanding what went on.

“I am a little bit lost here…”

Handong softly kissed Yoohyeon’s neck, her grip on her never flattering, before looking at Minji and saying amused, “Yoohyeon here is a pirate”.

Silence reigned the room they were in for a few seconds before Minji bursted out laughing, her laugh was so loud that it’d had made the few birds resting on the outside windowsill fly away in fear. 

“Oh my god, that was a good one, Dongie”, Minji held her stomach with one hand, it had actually started to hurt from laughing so much, and wiped away the tears from her eyes with the other.

Ignoring Minji, Yoohyeon turned around and faced Handong, an insecure look on her face, there were so many things she wanted to ask like how Handong felt about it, she wanted to know if the knowledge of her being a pirate changed things between them, but the words got stuck in , so she only settled for an stuttered “H-how did you know?”.

Handong held Yoohyeon tighter, as if telling her with her firm grip that she was there with her and she was not going anywhere any time soon.

“Remember when I had to go to my great aunt’s funeral in the Min Kingdom?”, Yoohyeon nodded, “I saw a wanted poster for Fire Fist Kim that looked surprisingly a lot like you”, she then pinched Yoohyeon’s cheeks, “They made you look scarier though, and I think they got your face shape wrong”

“Hey! I can be scary”, as if to prove her point, Yoohyeon put on a menacing face, which only made Handong coo out how adorable she looked. “You’re not wrong about the face shape, though. They made my face look super long”, she stuck her bottom lip out.

“Wait a minute…”

Handong was about to kiss her adorable lover’s pout away when Minji’s voice burst the bubble they had found themselves in, making them turn to look at her.

Minji scoffed and pointed at Yoohyeon, “You’re telling me that she is a pirate? For real?”

The couple nodded.

Minji started circling Yoohyeon and looking her up and down, as if trying to find some glaring sign that said ‘Look! I am a pirate!’, but she found none; her handmaiden’s lover just didn’t look like a pirate, she was just so…

“You don’t look like a pirate, though”, Minji finally came to a stop in front of Yoohyeon, “You’re too pretty...”

“That she is”, Handong added with a smile while Yoohyeon just scoffed and murmured, “Why does that sound like a backhanded compliment?”

“...and you don’t smell”, as if to prove her point, Minji approached Yoohyeon and smelt her.

Yoohyeon stomped one of her feet and whined, “How many times do I have to tell you that we do bathe!”

“While I can speak about all pirates, I can confirm that this one does bathe”, Handong said, and the smirk on her face was all Minji needed to know about how her friend knew that.

“Tell me more”, Minji giggled.

Before the two best friends could start something that’d surely end up with Yoohyeon  a stuttering and blushing mess, she decided to remind them why they were here.

“Why don’t we talk more about the plan?”

And that got them right back on track.

(At least for an hour more).


It was finally the day where they’d put their spectacular and foolproof seven-step plan into motion.

Just as Minji had thought, her parents’ had been over the moon about her spending time with Prince Yoongi willingly; and while her father had argued a little about letting them roam the kingdom with a bigger security detail, in the end he had caved in when Minji had pointed out that surely someone like Prince Yoongi was more than capable of taking care of her and, she added with a raised brow, what better way to show their kingdom that they fully trusted the prince with their most precious possession than by letting them go on their own.

And just so her father wouldn’t worry so much, Minji would personally handpick one of their best guards -after all, she spent so much time watching them train that she knew who could be the best amongst them.

(What Minji didn’t tell her father though, was that she was going to pick one of the newest additions to their guard, a short and thin recruit who -for some weird reason- always trained with his face covered, he appeared to be skilled but also kinda clumsy, sometimes it felt like his metal armor got the best of him and got in his way, making him trip over his own two feet).

As soon as Minji had woken up that day, she went straight to the training grounds on the back of the castle near the stables, where she was sure to find Commander Choi training the new recruits.

From what she had seen, mostly from the privacy of her bedchambers and sometimes up close when she decided to check on them, Commander Choi sure liked to work out the recruits to the ground, his training was gruelling and hard, but it served its purpose to weed out the weaker and make sure their guard was made up by strong and powerful men ready to defend their kingdom with all their might.

“You! On the back!”, Commander Choi yelled at a tall recruit who seemed on the verge of falling down, “Straighten up!”

No matter how hard the tall recruit tried to stand up straight, he couldn’t, and after a few moments he passed out.

“Someone take this wimp out of here!”, as soon as the Commander's words were said, some guards that had been standing next to him immediately ran to carry the fallen recruit to the infirmary.

“Commander Choi”, Minji made her presence known before the Commander could yell at someone else.

When the princess made herself known, every single man on the field dropped to one knee and bowed at her.

“Rise”, Minji said after a few seconds, no matter how many years had passed, she always found it uncomfortable when people bowed at her but it was something she had to live with. Not for much though.

“Princess, to what do we owe the honor of your presence?”, Commander Choi asked.

“Well”, Minji’s eyes ran all over the recruits that were on the field, it seemed that her gaze on them was what they needed to stand up straighter, “I need to borrow one of your guards”.

“Of course, whatever the princess needs'', he slightly bowed his head before calling out, “Sir Wonho! Come here for a moment, please”.

A tall muscular blonde man approached them and bowed at them, “Princess”.

“He’s one of our finest guards, I’m sure that whatever your majesty needs him for, he’s more than capable.”

“While Sir Wonho here would be more than capable for the task I need him for, I am afraid I already have someone else in mind”, Minji then pointed at the masked recruit that was standing the farthest away from them. “I need him”.

Both men seemed to be taken aback by the princesses words but both kept mum, after all, who were they to question the princess? Masking his surprise, Commander Choi cleared his throat and with a nod of his head signaled Sir Wonho to get the recruit she wanted.

“Sir Lee”, Commander Choi said as soon as the recruit approached them, “The princess has requested your service”.

The mysterious recruit gave the princess a deep bow, “Whatever your majesty needs, I shall deliver”.

Up close, the recruit didn’t seem as short as she thought he would be, he seemed to be no more than a few inches shorter than her; ever since the first day she had seen him train with a mask on, Minji had been curious, after all, he seemed to hold himself rather well training with it even during the hottest days.

“Sir Lee, I have been watching you train for a few months”, Sir Lee seemed to perk up at her words, his eyes -his only feature visible through his mask- seemed to shine, “and I find myself in awe of your technic, that’s why I want to ask you to accompany me today on my outing with Prince Yoongi”.

Minji held back her smile when she saw the shock present on both men’s faces, she was sure Commander Choi wanted to tell her that there were more capable guards that could go with her, but before he could say anything, she walked closer to Sir Lee.

“We’ll leave as soon as Prince Yoongi arrives, so if there’s anything you need to do before that, I’d suggest you do it. I’m sure Commander Choi will let you leave training earlier to prepare for your task, right Commander?”

Commander Choi plastered a smile on his face, “Of course, your majesty. Sir Lee, you may leave now to prepare”.

Sir Lee was snapped out of his shock by his words, he bowed once again and thanked the princess for trusting him before leaving.

After he left, Minji thanked Commander Choi for his time and left, leaving the man wondering what went on in the princess’s head and hoping that Sir Lee did a damned good job or else he was going to face some serious consequences.


Once she went back to her bedchamber, Minji plopped down face first on her bed and groaned.

This plan better work or else I am going to jump out from my balcony.


title taken from: chaser - the wonder years

sorry for the delay!! imma try to make my updating game better this year 
hope you like it!! let me know what you think uwu

disclaimer: all mistakes are mine, english is not my first language.

you can also find me on
tw: @anothershipper
cc:/anothershipper
☕: /anothershipper