Chapter 7

Eight

authors note: I may have mixed up chapter numbers but I'll get it sorted in a bit. also slight warning for a mention of having lost a child and dealing with it years later. It's right at the end when a character leaves the kitchen if you don't want to read that bit. 

~*~

 

Seungmin entered Chan’s room after a quiet knock and sighed slightly. His big strong brother who could always be steadfast and reliable was hauled up under his bed with every blanket and plushi in the small room. Kneeling next to the edge, he peeked under and smiled softly, “Hey, Channie, what ya doing?”

Chan’s eyes shot up in fear and panic for a second, only to soften off a little bit when he realised who it was and shook his head gently towards the younger beta. Seungmin just smiled softly back, “You were yelling in your sleep again, do you want snuggles or shall I go and wake grumpy bunny?”

For a second there was a hesitance in Chan, but Seungmin had painfully gotten used to it, before his hand was out and making grabby motions towards the younger. Grinning, the beta wriggled his way into the nest of blankets and plushi’s, knowing that he was being very privileged in being allowed in at this moment. This was Chan’s nest, his little safe space that he created, and it wasn’t a place to destroy or mess with on a good day. But the sweet omega just pulled his little brother into his chest and hugged him tightly. Seungmin didn’t complain, hugging him back and snuggling close. He was reminded of when they were little, of the nights when thunder would boom overhead, and he’d crawl into Chan’s arms to be protected.

Now he knew that the chances of getting hurt in a thunderstorm were pretty low, but the thought still made him giggle a little. Chan frowned at him in silent question and Seungmin just grinned back, “Thunder can’t hurt you, it’s just a load of big pups howling at the wind and throwing torches at one another….” He trailed off on his singing of the daft old song as a fit of giggles escaped the younger, but he grinned and shook his head, “Can never remember all the words of the thunder song cause I’m still giggling so much with it.”

A precious smile was on Chan’s face as he snuggled close to his little brother and inhaled his chocolate cookie scent. Seungmin smiled back and gently petted the elder’s hair, letting out a sigh. “I know I’ve already said it, Channie, but I’m still sorry for ever saying a bad word against you and I’m sorry for that argument before everything happened. I shouldn’t have said those words, not to you, you were always the one there to protect us, to protect me and you were always the best big brother in the world.”

For a few long moments there was silence and then Chan sighed, shaking his head, “I wasn’t always.”

Seungmin blinked in surprise, “Yes you were.”

“No, I wasn’t,” came the whispered reply, Chan closing his eyes as he held his little brother close and squeezed him a little tighter. “I hated you for the first few weeks of your life, I refused to be around you and I ran away from you…”

“What?” Seungmin asked, shocked.

Chan wiped at his eyes, and took a deep breath, “I found out the day you were born that I wasn’t Baba’s cub. The second you came into the world; I felt the family bond form between you and me and suddenly I realised that none of my brothers were actually mine. I freaked out, completely and I ran away from everyone.” 

Seungmin blinked, “I thought…you always knew?”

“No,” Chan replied shaking his head, “They didn’t tell me because I was too young to understand, and Mama had some pretty horrible things happen to him which resulted in me. I was born before Baba found Mama and he took me into the pack with a bite. They had planned to tell me just before my presentation but then….”

“I turned up as rather a surprise,” Seungmin finished before pressing a kiss to Chan’s head and holding him closer. “Chan…don’t hold that in your heart, you were a cub, and it must have been so frightening to suddenly find out. I would have run away if that had happened to me too.”

Chan snorted, “No, you’d have been smarter about it.”

“I’ve only got brain smarts, you’ve got everything Chan,” Seungmin replied, lightly rubbing at his elder brother’s shoulder. “I know you feel like crap at the moment and I’m not here to try and pry out anything that you don’t want to talk about but when you’re ready, I’m here to listen to you. Just like all the times that you listened to me.”

“I still ran away from you,” Chan replied miserably.

“But you came back,” Seungmin said firmly in response, “You returned to the pack and to me and made up for it every day.”

There was no response, but Seungmin expected it to be like this and instead just hugged Chan closer. “I love you, Chan Gege, even when I’m mad and saying horrible things to you. But now it’s my turn to look after you and this time, I’m going to be here and ensure I can help in any way, shape or form. I promise you that.”

A fond sigh came from Chan as he snuggled closer, “You’ve all said that.”

“Of course, we have, you’re our big brother who’s looked after us for years,” came the easy reply, “Now it’s our turn to look after you.”

A contented purr escaped from the omega and Seungmin smiled as he tightened his grip on the elder. “Though I hope you’re hungry, Felix has been baking and he’s made enough to feed us all for the rest of the year I swear.”

A giggle came from Chan at that and then he stiffened a little as there came the sound of a door slamming and heavy feet rushing throughout the house along with a few yells. “Oh, she must have got back early. Prepare yourself Channie, incoming fur missile.”

Blinking in shock, Chan made a noise of distress as Seungmin rolled out from under the bed just at the exact moment that the door opened, and a body dropped onto the floor. He barely had the time to focus before he was hit full force with the sweet smell of boba tea and in his arms was his little sister who was instantly crying. “Chan-Chan! It’s really you!”

Pulling himself together, Chan pulled Yiyang close and held her firmly in his arms, feeling himself crying once again. Seungmin cooed and took as many photos as he was allowed to do so whilst fending the others off for all of five seconds before they all were trying to clamber under the bed. Whether Chan minded if his nest was being wrecked, he never said so, but it was probably more a case of being surrounded by all his little siblings for the first time in a long while and knowing that they were safe and they all loved him that made it so much easier to deal with.

~*~

The smell of Moomin Hot Chocolate and Cookies had Minho relaxing instantly the moment he stepped in the door, just as the rain started lightly patting against the window. He smiled to himself, looking out onto the main street as other shoppers darted about in a panic, because unlike the other night he had actually remembered to bring his rain coat and had therefore saved himself from becoming completely soaked to the bone. Hyunjin was shaking out his hair a little like a wet dog but only because he hadn’t been able to get his hood out of his coat in time, but the tall beta was smiling regardless, “You have a nose for when it’s going to rain, don’t you, Minho gege?”

“I do now,” Minho pouted for all of a second before smiling brightly, “Man, this place brings back so many memories.”

Smiling back towards his elder brother, Hyunjin nodded as he cast his eyes around the café. It was certainly bigger than it had been when they had first moved here, but the walls were the same shade of royal blue, and the windows were an almost stunning white. There were plenty of tables all placed around the large space and there was a soft play area with at least fifty Moomin soft toys littering about as well as sensory activities and building blocks and all matter of other things. The merchandise stall was still there, though it had turned into an entranceway to a shop which had all sorts lined on the shelves from cups and plates to bottles, clothing, toys, books, colouring sets, baby sets, grandparent sets and everything imaginable in between.

The main counter was still the old-fashioned glass style with cakes and biscuits on display and sitting under a glass dome was a gingerbread Moomin house that someone had made years ago with sugar figures of all the main characters. Kyungsoo had been a little shy about admitting it was his a few years ago but it only continued to prove that he had a real skill with making the most amazing, sweet treats. There was a new drinks dispenser and Minho was almost a little disappointed to see that the large Moomin dolls which could sit at the tables with patrons were not the ones that had been around when they were younger, but realistically figured that those poor things had probably been wrecked a long time ago from the number of hugs that they would have gotten.

He was tempted to open his phone to see if he still had the photos of Chan, aged sixteen, sitting in the café hugging the largest Moomin Troll plushi with the biggest smile on his face but was interrupted by a surprised voice. “Wu Hyunjin?” it was definitely female and held a nice tone to it. The long-impressed whistle that immediately followed put Minho on edge straight away, but the girl continued on, “Wow, who insisted on you becoming the big bad wolf, hmm?”

The girl in question, Minho couldn’t pick up her scent as all retail workers wore scent blockers to be extra safe, was tall with sharp features and her hair a glossy black, worn up in a high ponytail with a bright neon bow. Her eyes were dark and alluring for just a moment, Minho thought that he was looking at a girl version of his little brother which confused him no end. His confusion and slight annoyance had clearly shown on his face because the girl just laughed out loud. “Or correction, I should say, why did you bring the big bad wolf with you when clearly you don’t need protecting anymore.”

Hyunjin blinked and then laughed loudly, giving his brother a shove, “Knock it off, you overprotective jerk.”

Minho pouted, “I wasn’t doing anything?”

The girl grinned, “You were being protective of Hyunjin once again, you hyper protective bunny.”

That got the alpha thinking and he blinked rapidly in response, “Yeji?”

“Hey Minho,” Yeji smiled as she waved towards him before then throwing a hug around Hyunjin, “Oh my gosh, it’s so good to see you again! You were supposed to call me and tell me when you were back in town, you git.”

Hyunjin sighed, though he was smiling with affection towards the girl, “This wasn’t exactly planned otherwise I would have called you. But hey, at least you found out this time, right?”

Minho glared, “Please tell me that Yeji is not your secret girlfriend.”

“Why does everyone think that I’ve got a secret girlfriend?” Hyunjin replied exasperated.

“Because you haven’t chased after a single girl since we moved out and that’s not like you, mister girl for every day of the week,” Minho sassed back, starting to make his way towards the counter, deliberately knocking his empty bag over his shoulder into his younger brother.

Hyunjin sighed, “That never happened! Honestly, the school rumour mill was just rife.”

“I want to know about this secret girlfriend though?” Yeji giggled loudly, “Cause it’s news to me that you’re not dating anyone.”

“Yeji! Customers!” a voice called from the other side of the shop, sounding a little tired and done with everyone’s antics already.

The girl rolled her eyes and held her arms out in an exaggerated motion, “There’s none other than Hyunjin and Minho and they’re virtually staff anyway Kookie! I know your heats due in like three days but seriously, stop being a whiny git will you or I will call Yoongi so he can knock you back a few paces.”

Minho blinked, frowning towards the girl but knowing that this was her odd way of expressing her care for everyone so did not make a big deal about it. Instead, he turned to the counter after hearing soft steps, a smile on his face as he finished digging out the order list from his bag. Since they were back home and the Moomin café was only a twenty-minute walk away, they had decided to accompany Felix’s Dessert Buffet that they would get a Moomin Cake or biscuit selection because Chan still deserved to be spoilt and pampered in every way possible.

Looking up from the list, with all the intention of ordering, Minho instead found his words sticking in the back of his throat. In front of him was a beautiful, breath-taking man with a round face, dark brown eyes that shimmered ever so slightly and black hair that was worn in a more traditional style but somehow, he made it look flash and modern. Slightly smaller than Minho, the young man was a bit broader and held just enough of a look about him to suggest that he had matured just recently. Though to work in a café he had to be a fair few years older than that but to the alpha, that did not matter.

What did matter was that Kookie, the only name that Minho had heard so far for him, looked down and depressed. Whilst he wore a smile, to be polite and functional towards customers, it did not reflect in his eyes and his body was slightly slumped forward as if he was just being held up by a string that was going to be cut at any given second.

Minho’s inner wolf was howling in distress at the sight, the words protect, mate, love were rumbling through his mind constantly and Minho felt an urge to leap over the counter and give Kookie the biggest cuddle of his life. Maybe it wouldn’t be that polite or even remotely acceptable but his whole heart just reached out towards the fair boy in that instant.

“Can I get you anything?” Kookie asked, his voice polite and restrained but quivering ever so slightly. Minho noticed that there were tears in his eyes, not quite coming over but close enough to doing so and the urge to hug nearly won over all his normal morals and common decency. But he just about restrained himself, though the young alpha was quivering where he stood.

Kookie blinked, seeming to come to himself a little bit for a moment and look wide eyed at Minho before letting out a soft gasp of surprise, “Sunbae-nim?”

That caught Minho off guard completely and he leaned back, having never noticed just how close he had gotten to leaning forwards in the first place which was a little bit embarrassing. He blushed and double blinked before taking a second closer look at the wolf who recognised him. It only took a second for his brain to recognise the cute nose, adorable lips that pouted at any chance they got and the missing portion of the man’s right ear. Minho double blinked in surprise, “Jungkook?”

His mind completely short circuited for a second, not able to believe that the boy who was always pushing himself harder in dance class, his self-proclaimed rival who was really his biggest fan was now standing in front of him as a grown adult. Suddenly the sweet smell of a lake in late spring caught Minho’s attention and he realised three things. Jungkook was an omega, and he was distressed and needed the biggest bunny cuddles in the entire world. How the alpha even got to the omega was something that he could never explain in the slightest but within a virtual second, he had the boy held tightly in his arms and was shushing him as sobs began to escape from his form.

Yeji blinked and turned to look at Hyunjin, who mirrored her look of shock but for completely different reasons, “Oh boy, your brother is going to be in so much trouble.”

“Why?” Hyunjin asked, frowning towards the girl, “I think he’s just found a mate and it’s bloody adorable.”

“Wait till you meet the pack,” Yeji said, “Especially when Kookie’s like this.”

“Upset?” Hyunjin asked with a frown.

“Close to Dropping,” Yeji whispered, looking a little concerned.

Hyunjin raised his eyebrows in horrified surprise, “Shouldn’t his pack be looking after him?”

Yeji sighed and stepped as close as she could to whisper, “They do, but they’re not fully mated so it doesn’t help.”

“Why?” Hyunjin asked.

The girl her lips, clearly questioning what she was going to say. “It’s pack business, Minho’s is going to have to learn about it…. though maybe he could be the missing link that they’ve been….” the door to the café slammed open, causing several cups to rattle but a growl was already filling up the whole area along with a roaring fire of angry alpha pheromones.

A blur passed by the two watchers, Hyunjin pulling Yeji closer out of instinct alone before watching in horror as the blur vaulted over the counter to pounce on Minho. Hyunjin expected screams, chaos and smashing crockery but after a few seconds, there was only a thump and then a shocked outcry of, “Where the have you been, you bloody bastard?”

“Trying to find my brother who was kidnapped, you ,” Minho yelled back, “I messaged you every ing day.”

“We needed you! Why didn’t you come home?” the other alpha yelled back

“Because I had to protect the pack, remember? Had to come out of the bound so that they couldn’t track any of you down! Do you know how much that hurts, Yoongi?” Minho said, “Being forced out of your own pack so that you can’t even sense your omega when he’s five steps in front of you?”

Yoongi lowered his fist, looking down at the other, “We had to protect…”

“I ing know that it still ing hurts,” Minho yelled back, shoving the other hard so that he fell onto the floor, “But that can ing wait! Why the is MY OMEGA upset and on the verge of Dropping? You guys are supposed to protect him and love him and make sure that he doesn’t end up like how we found him ever again!”

Turning to Yeji, Hyunjin chuckled, “Okay, maybe I’m going to be off the hook about keeping you and the girls as my secret. This sounds way more interesting.”

~*~

Startling awake with a yell, Jaebeom frantically searched around for his pack mates and let out the biggest whine possible when he realised that none of them were by him. Instead, he was on some kind of hospital bed, hooked up to a variety of machines and his entire stomach dropped. “No!” he yelled as loud as he could, “No! You’re not doing this to me! I’m not killing them! Not ever!”

Grabbing the first available IV line, Jaebeom ripped it out of his skin, hissing through the sting of the pain and trying to rip out the rest of them as well. He barely heard the sounds of the emergency buzzers that started blaring but he did notice the doctors and nurses that streamed into his room to attempt to stop him from hurting himself. His frazzled mind however only saw them as threats and still convinced that he was in the arms of The Others, he desperately tried to fight them off. He lashed out, claws escaping from his fingertips and a series of dark growls came from his lips.

Everyone was yelling, trying to regain control but nothing was working and Jaebeom couldn’t even tell the difference between one voice or another, never mind his own. Suddenly though, the fight and anger dropped out of him and instead he found himself curling up on the bed, whimpering like a wounded cub. There was a tension in the air for a few seconds before two pairs of hands landed gently on his back and arms, just before he was gently lifted up into someone’s lap. The person in question was built strong and muscular but had a fragrance of marzipan that just instantly relaxed Jaebeom down. The second pair of hands turned out to be a person who snuggled firmly into the alpha’s back, making him release a long sight of relief even as more tears fell from his eyes. The smell of icing sugar mixed with the marzipan made him relax even further and just hold on even tighter than before.

“There, it’s okay,” Jackson spoke calmly, “We’re okay. We’re all here.”

Jaebeom sniffled, tightening his grip on the other, “Where?”

“In the other room,” Mark’s voice came in softly from behind him, causing a happy little purr to begin, “We’re all together again, all safe.”

“You’re such a lazy bones though,” Jackson teased lightly, “staying in bed all day.”

Jaebeom wanted to retaliate but his alpha senses were coming back and now that he was relaxed and calm, he could smell the wonderful scents of his mates. He smiled lightly, feeling a little embarrassed about the whole situation but then blinked and sat back a little. “Where?”

“In a hospital, in Seoul,” Jackson filled in quickly, seeing as Mark was scenting Jaebeom, “Remember my Uncle Siwon? He managed to get a team to the Islands and get us all out of there.”

Blinking heavily, the alpha looked around the room which was very different from the one that he had been forced to get used to. This wasn’t a hack job, this was a clean, sterile place with a cute little pot plant to bring from greenery into it. Shyly he looked towards the medical staff member who was reading the various information display boards and pouted, “I’m sorry.”

The nurse smiled as she turned towards him, “Don’t be. With what you’ve gone through it’s understandable. You only caused a couple of scratches which is good going seeing as most…” she caught her words, clearly seeing the fear coursing through Jaebeom’s face but was able to smoothly cover it up, “wolves who have gone through that treatment tend to be more horrifically violent that just getting their claws out. Your omega must have been so good to you.”

The alpha’s entire demeanour dropped at them, hiding away his shame into Jackson’s chest to make himself as small as possible. Mark was quick to tug him out of the embrace though, scenting directly onto the others neck with kisses and small little bites, “Come with me.”

Jaebeom blinked, not wanting to admit to the fact that he was a lot scent drunk at the moment and hazily followed Mark through to the other room. Jackson helping to steady him as they went because his les were virtually like jelly, though after a quick check that he could move into the other room because they didn’t fully know if there would be any negative reactions to suddenly being off the machines. The nurse only adjusted one of the IV lines which was connected with a pump that could be wrapped around the alpha’s middle.

Youngjae was the first to hug Jaebeom tightly when he got into what could only be described as a safety nest. There was a large circular bed with clear covers but a selection of really thick and warm blankets that only smelt of the pack that was using them. They were also weighted but Jaebeom did not know this. The rest of the room was done in calming greens and a light sky blue with paintings of trees and flowers on the walls to create the illusion of being in the outside when they were actually inside. The furniture was soft woods, basic and nothing too exciting upon first glance but it was more there to make the place feel used and lived in, rather than being a clinical setting or a place for recovery. Jaebeom did spot a laptop set up in the corner, though it was powered down for now, but he wondered vaguely if they could use it to find Chan.

His heart broke a little more at the thought of his little omega, how could he have been so blind to send him away like that. Whilst practically it was the best solution to the problem they had, it also meant that they didn’t know where he was and if something had gone wrong, then the omega could be thrown into a situation even worse that what he escaped from.

Bambam headbutted him lightly, “Stupid alpha, overthinking everything.”

Jaebeom hugged Bambam back, vaguely wondering when Youngjae and Yugyeom had started to hug him as well. Though he wasn’t complaining in the slightest as he pulled all three of them closer, only looking up momentarily to see Jackson hugging a very sleeping looking Jinyoung who looked exhausted. Raising his eyebrows in concern, he received a soft smile, “Stupid baby wouldn’t sleep until we all woke up,” Jackson whispered in reply, “there, you’ve seen him now. Go to sleep.”

Jinyoung looked like he was going to argue but instead Jaebeom shifted his little puppy pile over to Jackson and pulled the younger man down into his embrace. The others fell into synch with one another as they curled up together whilst Jackson took on his usual protective right hand side whilst Jaebeom lay on the left, their hands coming together momentarily to hold everyone together like they had done so many times before. Though there was a tiny bit of shaking between the pair of them as they both felt the missing presence of their final puzzle piece and even though it had been months, it was still a raw and bitter nerve for the whole pack.

“Hoi, don’t get all sentimental just yet, mate,” Mark reappeared, poking Jaebeom in the side with his finger, “Not until you’ve got a good old sniff of this.” A plushi was into the alpha’s hands, a grey and white wolf plushi that had clearly been hugged to death over the years and dragged all over the place but also treasured and loved. Jaebeom stared at it with a frown on his face, sure that he had seen it somewhere, but Mark dragged him out of his mindset by shoving the plushi straight to his nose.

Tim tams.

Fresh chocolate Tim tams, with plenty of mint to balance it out. A scent that was fresh, free from stress and sickness, free from the clawing hands of those monstrous bastards that had tried to hurt and taint the most beautiful, loving and soft omega in the entire world. From the tone of the smell, the omega must have just gotten out of the bath because there was his favourite smelling bubble bath, Snow Fairy, lingering just under the edge of the mint chocolate Tim tams and Jaebeom fiercely hugged the plushi to his chest. “Chris,” he whimpered under his breath, “My Chrissy, my Channie.” Gently he kissed the nose of the plush, feeling more tears falling down his face as he rubbed his fingers over the smooth fur.

Tilting his head up towards Mark, he frowned slightly when a tissue was pressed to his nose but blew into it anyway before going back to hugging the plushi tightly, even if Yugyeom choose that moment to cuddle into his front again with a disgruntled sound, “Where is he?”

“They haven’t old us yet,” Mark replied gently, scratching at the top of Jaebeom’s head to make the alpha purr like a contented cat for a moment. “They said they had to do scent checks, and this was what came to us. We’re going to get a hoody to scent up for him and…. Jaebeom! Wait, man…”

Jaebeom was already sitting up, looking for the hoody but Mark pulled him down a little harshly, “Not yet! It’s still the middle of the night.” Lightly he nipped at the others ear, “We get it in the morning and then he’ll get it and if it’s all positive then things will get organised.”

“Don’t start pouting, we had Jackson whining at us for like an hour and I want to join Jinnie in the land of sleep,” Yugyeom whined, trying to settle everyone back into place. For a second the two alphas seemed to be on the same wavelength in wanting to continue but then the conjoined snores of both Jinyoung and Bambam was just too cute to resist, and they all quickly settled down to sleep together in on big group.

~*~

“So,” Yiyang emphasised the word as she followed Seungmin down to the kitchen in order to get a midnight snack as all three of them had missed tea due to falling to sleep curled up under Chan’s bed. Chan had wanted to come downstairs but had gotten dizzy when he stood up so was forced back onto the bed. “How’s Sungjae?”

Seungmin paled and turned to her, “Shhh! You’ll wake someone up.”

Yiyang rolled her eyes, “Hardly, this pack sleeps like the dead. Have you told anyone yet?”

“No because there’s nothing to tell,” Seungmin replied, getting some bread out of the bread bin and indicating to Yiyang that there were things in the fridge.

His sister snorted, “Yeah right, you’re just in their chat because you’re their best friend.”

“That is exactly the reasons why,” Seungmin complained, accepting the butter and beginning to make up some sandwiches. He figured that ramen and noodles would probably be a better option but that could be too noisy. Plus, he wanted to make sure that Chan got something strong on his stomach. He had been smelling off ever since he came back from the hospital and that didn’t sit well with Seungmin.

“You’re still no good at lying,” Yiyang sighed, “Don’t know why you’re keeping it a secret, especially when you’re stealing my foundation to cover up the marks.”

“What are you two doing up in my kitchen in the middle of the night?” Kyungsoo’s voice cut across the pairs bickering and they turned to look at the owlish looking wolf who was semi-glaring at them.

Seungmin was quick to pick himself back up, “Making something for Chan, we slept under his bed and missed it.”

“And there’s no left overs cause all these greedy guts are back,” Yiyang teased back with a smile.

“You’re on a diet plan for your job so don’t go on at them about eating everything in the house and keeping temptation away from you,” Kyungsoo replied playfully, moving to the cupboards and pulling something out to pass it to Seungmin, “Here, it’ll help.”

Seungmin blinked at the packet which he had been given, “Rice paper?”

Kyungsoo nodded, “If he’s going through what I think he is, then it helps with the lining of his stomach.”

Yiyang blinked, “Going through?”

“Don’t ask,” for a moment Kyungsoo looked sad and like all the light had gone out of his eyes before he pulled himself back up. “Just trust me on it. Oh, did you get a message from Minho this afternoon?”

“Said he ran into some friends and was going to hang out at there’s,” Seungmin supplied, “Hyunjin said it when he got back as well.”

Kyungsoo frowned at that but turned and waved at the pair, “Okay. Head back up to bed and enjoy your little midnight snack then.” He waited until they were both upstairs before turning the opposite way to head to his own little nest away from the others. It wasn’t that he didn’t love sleeping with the pack, of course he did but there were some things that he liked to keep private. Thankfully Kris and the others respected that, though at first things had been a little strained between them because of the secrets that he had kept. Especially when one of them turned up on their doorstep which had not been a fun time for anyone.

His own nest was quite neat and orderly or would have been if not for the presence of a long-legged panda boy who was silently reading a book on the covers. Normally Kyungsoo would have scolded Zitao for being in his space without his permission, but his eyes fell on the special scent doll that was all dressed up in the clothes that he had bought, and the usually stoic man found himself bursting into rivers of silent tears. Picking the doll up, he clambered with it into Zitao’s waiting arms, glad that the alpha did not move from his reading. It was crazy really, the bundle in his arm had happened so many years ago but the pain never really faded from him. He still felt terrible though, especially when he remembered the things that some of his other pack mates had gone through but as the others had repeatedly said, everyone had their own history, their own issues to deal with and no one had the right to claim their experience was worse or deserved more attention because they all had different experiences and they needed to share to ensure that in the future none of the cubs would be hurt.

Still, he was thankful for Zitao knowing what he wanted right at that moment in time and hugged tightly into the silent alpha. Silence, a good hug and a soothing scent. Whilst he loved Kris’s slated caramel, he found in times like this when he got overly emotional it turned him on which just exacerbated the situation because nine times out of ten, he’d freak out when receiving the pleasure that was just his alpha wanting to comfort him. Kyungsoo was a mess, he knew he was and sometimes he wondered how his pack could even put up with him, but they somehow did and that was probably the best thing in the entire world.

Especially on a night like this when he was trying his best to accept the past was not his fault so he could move on from it once and for all.

 

authors babbling: 

Yeah so Minho's pack were supposed to be a little more of a sweet introduction but apparently the plot bunnies have already taken over that idea and holy hell we are in for a ride if I can catch the little sods. 

And yes, I've sign posted two of the others as well cause they just make sort of sense in an odd way 

Suggestions for the other boys would be greatly appreciated - excluding Changlix cause yeah that still needs sorting - and Kyungsoo's bit kinda came out of no where but yeah, drama there. Seriously, I think the only ones who are going to have a nice normal time are going to be Chanyeol and Baekhyun at this rate, and Nini too, maybe, haven't decided yet.