Chapter 4

Eight

pre-warning - slight triggering content when it comes to Got7's bit in the middle, as they really are being forced through Battle Royal but it's not too extreme. Just putting the warning to be safe

 Raising his head in question as something soft landed on his chest, Seungmin frowned towards Jisung before letting out an exaggerated sigh, “What the hell are you up to now?”

Rolling his eyes at the other, Jisung let out a long breath before shaking his head, “Well, geeze, thanks for paying attention when I’m telling you something.”

Frowning once again, Seungmin shook his head and looked down at the thing which had landed on his chest. Familiar glass eyes with a happy smile that could only belong to a puppy greeted him and Seungmin blinked repeatedly once again before sitting upright with a squeal that proved just how young he still was. “PuppyM! Look at you!” the youngster pulled the puppy doll tightly to his chest and hugged it tightly, before grinning brightly up at Jisung, “Where did he come from?”

Jisung smiled towards his little brother, “Chan’s room, the dafty kept them all in a box instead of getting rid of them all those years ago like he said.”

The brightness of the smile fell a little as Seungmin turned to look down at the doll and gently he began rubbing his hands over it, before automatically bringing it to his face. There was still the scent of tam-tams present as well as a different chocolate smell which Seungmin figured to be his own as he had always been described as having a similar scent to his elder half-brother. Though there was always an argument of if he smelt like Aero’s or M&M’s which was oddly funny. Lightly he sighed towards the doll, shaking his head, “I never even thought about these all the time he was gone, it’s such a Chan thing to have done. He really does care for all of us doesn’t he?”

“Of course,” Jisung said, lightly petting the boy’s hair, before leaning down to whisper conspiratorially in his ear, “Though I still think you’re his favourite.”

Seungmin shoved the elder away, “Ha, that’s a lie and you know it, hyung. Chan could never pick a favourite because we’re all his favourite.” Shaking his head, he remembered how they always used to tease the older omega about the times when he would appear to be playing favourite and how exasperated Chan would get. It was funny to think back on those times now, but it also made other things make sense. Though he did suddenly blink and turned his attention back to Jisung, “You think we could use these to get in to see Chan?”

“Are you actually remembering the conversation I had with you all this morning at breakfast or just taking a guess?” Jisung replied, shaking his head as he started to ruffle Seungmin’s hair, “I mean, I know you’re distracted by your little crush but-”

“It’s not a crush!” Seungmin defended a little too fast, a blush easily making its way to his cheeks but thankfully he had PuppyM to hide behind, “We’re just working on a project together is all! Besides, I was paying attention, I just didn’t think that you’d find these cause I thought they had been left at home and not brought here.”

“Yeah yeah, whatever,” Jisung said, rolling his eyes and bopping the younger beta on the nose with his finger, getting a playful bite back as a reply, “Just make sure to scent it up good and then you may get to squish the hell out of your elder brother at some point over the next week.”

Seungmin pouted, “But I want to squish the hell out of him now!”

Flicking the youngster’s forehead with his fingers, Jisung shook his head and set off ignoring the youngers complaints that were being directed towards him. He knew fine well that Seungmin did not mean any of it and would be now hyper focused on scenting PuppyM as much as was physically possible because despite the fact that they all wanted to see and hug Chan, the bond the pair shared was slightly different to everyone else. Whilst it was never made a big thing out of, because for one Kris would have killed them, they were all aware that Chan was not their big brother in a biological sense. He was not even Kris’s son, having come from a breeding pack that Xiumin had been forced into and to their combined knowledge, the only cub that the omega had been able to save from that terrible pack. Their Ba had made sure to accept Chan into their family, marking him as one of the packs at an extremely young age and it was not until Seungmin came along that any of the brothers learnt that Chan was not anything but what he had always been.

Jisung could still remember what had transpired, which made his heart clench with worry for just a moment or two, but he was quick to brush it out of his head. Chan was always going to be their big brother, no matter what happened and Seungmin may have been the only one of them to have a familiar bond with the elder, as they shared the same mother, but that changed absolutely nothing at all.  Grinning as he spotted Minho about to head out for a run, probably to escape the madness in the kitchen, Jisung distracted himself through his wandering thoughts by tugging the young alpha back by the hood of his jacket and shoving Leebit the rabbit into the others chest, underneath his clothes, “Perfect! You can run and scent your bunny at the same time.”

Minho rolled his eyes towards the other, trying to get the toy out of his hoody, “Don’t be silly, I can scent him when I’m home.”

“You aren’t going to lose Leebit, Minho!” Jisung glared playfully towards the other, “You used to carry him around all the time.”

“But…” the alpha started.

“No buts! You want to see Chan, right? Then go for a run with Leebit and stop complaining!” stepping away, Jisung hurried to the kitchen to avoid any more arguments and was at least glad that those who were in there were already half on board with this head.

Hyunjin grinned as he caught hold of Jiniret and immediately pulled the toy into a tight hug, “Got to love our soppy big brother sometimes.”

“Why was he even keeping these things?” Jeongin asked, carefully cradling Foxl-Ny in his arms like it was a real little cub, “I mean, sure it’s an omega thing to do but I just…don’t get why.”

Jisung shook his head, “Cause they’re ours and he’s a sentimental old sod.”

Hyunjin chuckled, throwing his up in the air only to catch it again, “Or he was future planning for his cubs and wanted to have them have something from their uncles.”

There came a groan from the passageway, “Don’t start that again! Chan is never having cubs!” Minho yelled playfully.

Jisung chuckled, “Yah! Of course, Chan is going to have cubs! He’s going to be so round with them and…”

“Stop it! I’m going for a run before you poison my mind!” Minho yelled, “Changbin you coming?”

“He’s too busy trying to figure out how to sort out his omega!” Jisung cheekily yelled back, having finally found Han Quokka in the box and hugging the toy close to himself, gleefully laughing at Minho’s exasperated groan as the alpha fled. He shook his head, “Are all alpha’s so fussy about that sort of thing?”

Jeongin shrugged, “I’m not. I think it’s just a Minho thing.”

“I think it’s a I don’t want my omega brother to grow up and no longer need me thing,” Hyunjin replied with a grin, “Though I think it could apply to all of us.”

“That I agree on,” Jeongin replied with a grin, bouncing Foxl-Ny on the table like he was playing with the toy, “I mean he freaked out when I said I had a crush on…”

“Ginny-baby, we all freaked out with that horrible little crush of yours,” Seungmin cut in as he appeared, slightly bashing the youngest alpha around the back of the head. “Cause it was a bad and horrible move and you damn well know it.”

Hyunjin laughed and ruffled Jeongin’s hair, “You learnt your lesson though right, brat and won’t ever pull that again.”

Pulling his head out of reach gently, Jeongin pouted a little but muttered a small, “Of course, never do anything to piss off all my elder brothers cause I’ll just never hear the end of it.”

About to chide him for the use of language, Jisung was cut off by Seungmin who was looking into the bag that held the toys, “What we going to do about Yiyang’s? She can’t scent hers.”

“I’ve got a pillow with her scent on if that helps,” Jeongin replied immediately, smiling brightly and rushing off, “I’m sure I brought it with me.”

The three elder brothers all exchanged glances, smiling at each other because of course Jeongin would have his elder sisters’ scent on something. The girl practically adored the youngest boy, partially because he was the youngest but mostly because like Seungmin and Chan, she shared the same mother as him. However, Jeongin had taken very much after his father by presenting as a full alpha and shared a lot of traits that Kris did too. But that did not stop anyone from loving either of the two cubs any less and it made them smile. Jisung grinned, “Perfect, only the two love birds left.”

“Don’t start that again,” Hyunjin sighed, shaking his head slightly, “How we haven’t had a meltdown yet is beyond me.”

“Maybe because they’ve finally realised that they’re meant to be together?” Jisung stated teasingly as he started to make his way upstairs.

Seungmin snorted, “That will seriously be the day. I think it’ll take us all hitting them with a sledgehammer a piece to get them to understand that they are mates and should be together!”

Jisung smiled as he tried to contain his laughter at that statement, knowing he was very close to Changbin’s room and that beta would be able to hear anything that was said. Whilst this usually was not a problem, the last couple of months had gone more or less haywire because try as he might, Changbin had been unable to keep up the facade that he was only looking out for his younger brother and wanting to ensure he was safe because both of their mating instincts were going haywire. Felix, like Chan, was not actually related to anyone in the immediate family. He came from another breeding pack through Chen, his mother, and he had been six years old the first time they had met him. There had never really been a problem with this fact, as Felix had been readily accepted into the pack and cried his little heart out when he was bitten by Kris, but it was more out of relief than actually due to the pain. For the first year or so everyone had fussed and fretted over Felix, helping him grow into their little ball of crazy sunshine and Changbin had been always the first to play with the young omega and ensure that he was happy, healthy and in the safest place.

Which just happened to be in Changbin’s arms.

But since both had officially presented and started to mature, things had gotten awkward. Mainly from Changbin’s side as the young beta had worked out a long time ago that Felix was potentially his mate but was conflicted because Felix was also his little brother whom he cared for deeply. Even though biologically, Felix was not even related to him in the slightest. Changbin had been lost and confused over the issue for the better part of eighteen months, on the one hand wanting to claim his mate as his own but on the other worried how it would be received by others who did not know the family dynamics because was still highly frowned upon and it just made things all the more complicated.

Felix, thankfully, was a bit oblivious to all this or if he did know anything about it, he was simply waiting on Changbin to make up his damn mind with infinite patience.

However, it had all come to a head around two months ago when Felix hit his heat cycle and things had gotten messy because he would not accept anyone but Changbin to be with him during the whole period. It had taken a week for the pair to even begin to talk again after whatever happened behind closed doors occurred and things had been so strained between the two that it was practically unbearable. Until the other night when Chan had turned back up and Changbin was back to comforting Felix like he had always done so.

Jisung could see the story from all sides of course, but like everyone else in the family, they just wanted Changbin to accept Felix as his mate and then they could sort the rest out. But talking to Changbin about the situation was never an easy option and the pair, when left alone, frequently lost their temper with one another or had the so-called melt down’s as Hyunjin had referred to.

So, for neither of them to have come storming down the stairs already, needing to cool off or be comforted was unusual to say the least. Sniffing the air, just to make sure that he was not about to walk in on something that he would rather not see, Jisung knocked at the door and carefully peered around it once it was opened.

Changbin was laying on his side, shirtless with an equally shirtless Felix curled up tightly against him looking content though clearly worn out. Raising an eyebrow in question towards Changbin, Jisung received an eyeroll as a response before a long suffering sigh escaped his lips, “He’s too worried about Chan to care, same with me.”

“Yet you’re both sharing skinship in your bed?” Jisung stated, sticking his tongue out towards his fellow beta before petting a slightly whining Felix. “Though I’d call this some major progress, hyung.”

“Don’t get your hopes up,” Changbin replied, looking down at Felix with an expression of pure adoration, “We haven’t talked and we’re not going to for a while.”

Instead of arguing once again why this was a particularly stupid idea, Jisung instead dug into the bag and Dwakki into the others face, “Ugh, you pabo!”

Changbin pulled back from the toy and instantly started to hug it, “For Chan?”

“Yeah, we’re getting everyone to scent these like mad,” Jisung replied, carefully placing BbekaAri into Felix’s arms and only faintly wondering how Kris had ever come up with all these plush designs that fitted all his sons so well before meeting half of them. Even if their dad was a little bit crazy like the galaxy above them all at times. “Cause if Chan knows it us then we can get to see him sooner.”

A deep chuckle came from Felix, “You could just tell him, you know?”

“He freaked out when he woke up at home and Minho was hovering over him, Hyunjin couldn’t even touch him,” Jisung replied, petting the others hair gently.

A grumbled left Felix’s lips, “He didn’t freak out over Ba…”

“Cause it’s Baba,” Jisung said, “Any of us would recognise his presence without a second thought”.

Sitting up a bit easier, Felix rubbed at his eyes, “I get that but we’re all family and it wouldn’t matter in the slightest to Chan…” Then a pause came as he yawned loudly before blinking and seeming to come into himself, “Oh…yeah…that.”

“Yeah, that,” Jisung replied, “You were safe because you’re an omega and therefore you couldn’t hurt him.”

Flopping onto his back, Felix sighed and looked at the little chick toy on his chest. Gently he sighed, “I think he’d be okay now though. He would know it was us.”

“But what’s cuter?” Changbin asked, grinning as he continued to pet his pink pig-hamster, “Chan getting told we’re all there and having to go in one by one or him having all these told dolls that are filled with our scents that make him want to see us all together at the same time so he can cuddle us all to death.”

“Oh man, he’ll go fully Cuddle Pile Wolf on us, won’t he?” Jisung grinned.

“He better do,” Felix replied, poking at the bag, “Or he’s never getting Wolf Chan back ever again.”

~*~

There was rustling in the bushes up ahead causing both Jaebeom and Yugyeom to come to a standstill on the road that they were following. Jaebeom did not really need to put his arm up to stop their youngest beta, who was already silently withdrawing a seven inch hunting knife ready to attack, as they had both changed radically from who they had been before they were thrown into this nightmare of a world. But it made Jaebeom feel a little bit better, like he could still provide some form of protection for the youngster.

 

Not that it counted much in this game of death of course, but something was better than nothing.

 

Plus, neither of them knew what was up ahead. Was it an ambush, some other poor sap who was thrown into this mess against their will and being forced to commit horrible crimes against another wolf in order to survive or was it a trap by the Others to take them both out? No one was under the illusion that there was any other real target other than the Seven Pack as they had taken away the prize which seemed to be most favoured.

 

Jaebeom could only be thankful that Chris was out of this mess, not being forced into a collar of death and being made to choose which of his mates would live and which would die. He prayed every second that could be spared that the omega was safe, back in the loving arms of his family and being looked after perfectly by them and then prayed that just maybe he would get to see the omega one last time before the end.

 

But for now, he focused on the danger up ahead and tried to decide what would be the best course of action to take.

 

Only to let out a yelp of surprise when Yugyeom suddenly pounced on him from behind and pinned him down to the ground. Chaos erupted around them for a few seconds, yells and shots being fired before there came a distinct “Fire in the hold!”

 

A small canister landed in front of the pair, inches from their faces and before either one of them could blink it ejected a long stream of thick smoke. Yugyeom caught a face full as he had been reaching across to try and throw the device away from them and immediately, he was coughing and spluttering harshly. Jaebeom tried to get up to help the youngster but before he could, was grabbed once again from behind and dragged off to the side. He yelled out in shock again, then yelled for his mate who was being hoisted up into the arms of another shadowy figure.

 

Fear and panic kicked his instincts into overdrive, and he struck out at the person who was dragging him, hearing a hiss when his elbow connected with something soft and squidgy. He wanted to dig into his pockets where he had placed the knuckle dusters he had been allocated as a weapon but knew at this moment in time it would not be an option. Instead, he struck once again at the soft spot he had found and for a few seconds was free. He growled and leapt forward, determined on rushing straight back for his packmate but was foiled two seconds later as his eyes started streaming with some kind of burning sensation and his attacker landed heavily on his back.

 

“No! Stop it!” the man said, fighting against Jaebeom but more in a calming manner than anything else, “Jaebeom! It’s us! You’re safe. Knock it off already.”

 

The words were not registering in Jaebeom’s head however and he continued to struggle against the man on top of him, as he was not going to fall for that trick again as it had very nearly cost them Yugyeom’s life. But with his eyes streaming and his breathing becoming laboured, it was fairly easy for the man above him to regain control. “! BB, the stuffs got to him!”

 

“Well, when you throw it right in front of their faces!” a new voice joined before a smell invaded Jaebeom’s nose that scorched through painfully for a second and then took him straight under. The alpha thought briefly that it reminded him of clean bedsheets and mint chocolate tam-tams.

 

He imagined that he was lying in a bed, with clean bedsheets and fluffy pillows and a long missed slightly smaller figure in his arms, resting peacefully and as he should be. Jaebeom smiled in his sleep, reaching up to pet the omega’s hair and jolted sharply awake when another hand touched his.

 

“Don’t touch it hyung,” a familiar voice said, “It’ll make it sting longer. But you’ll be okay.”

 

There was a pause as Jaebeom orientated himself, “Bambam?”

 

He could feel the smile from the other as his hand was squeezed tightly, “Yeah, it’s me. For real. Just stay still a few more minutes, will you? I need the medicine to work properly on the gas that got around your eyes.”

 

“Gas?”

 

“The canister, it was filled with blinding gas,” Bambam replied, sounding a little sheepish, “You’ll be fine in a moment or two. Though Yugyeom may be cursing my for a month cause he got a face full of it and isn’t doing too good.”

 

It was a full twenty minutes before the effects started to wear off, Bambam using a damp towel to clean off as much of the crust as was possible from the alpha’s face before helping him sit upright. Jaebeom blinked a couple of times, just to ensure that he could see before reaching across and pulling the beta into a fierce hug. Bambam did not complain in the slightest and returned it tenfold for a few seconds.

 

Looking up at a retching sound, Jaebeom saw Mark tending to Yugyeom who looked pretty much like death warmed up and seemed to be fighting all instincts to flee. Mark looked a mixture between terrified and stubbornly refusing to give up on the youngest and was comforting him the best he could. “Come on, work your magic on him,” Jaebeom lightly pushed the beta back towards the pair, “We’ve gotten through this much, we can get through the rest.”

 

Mark looked up at the approach and stepped aside to allow Bambam to try before flinging himself at Jaebeom with a bit more abandon than he would have normally done but no one was complaining in the slightest. “The others?” Mark asked, sounding a mix between exhausted and terrified.

 

Jaebeom shook his head, “Haven’t found them yet, you two are the first.”

 

“Saw Jackson down by the river,” Bambam said, gently cooing at Yugyeom as he applied a wet towel to the youngster’s face, “But he was gone before I could call out to him.”

 

Mark shuddered, “Jinyoung and Youngjae planned to head for higher ground, I…we got attacked and I fell down a hill…” a hiccup started forming in the others voice, as he snuggled closer to the alpha, “by the time I got back up…they were gone and there was blood and…”

 

“You were a damn mess,” Bambam replied, throwing something towards Mark who managed to catch it, “Painkillers, take them.”

 

Jaebeom blinked, “You got pain killers?”

 

“My ‘weapon’ was a medical kit,” Bambam replied, his voice hollow, “I don’t know if they were being sarcastic with that or if it really is that random an allocation of weapons.”

 

Letting out a sigh, Jaebeom did not think he wanted to know much further. They had been thrown on an abandoned chemical site, with a bag that contained the barest means to be able to survive out here with one randomly allocated weapon and a simple instruction of, “Kill everyone else and be the last standing survivor.”

 

But apparently the weapons really were randomly allocated. Yugyeom had a knife, Jaebeom a pair of knuckle dusters, Bambam a first aid kit and Mark a couple of grenades and one more canister of the gas.

 

Jaebeom blinked, “So where did the shots come from?”

 

“Two Others and one of the guys from the Grey Pack,” Bambam replied, “Recognise him anywhere.”

 

Nodding the alpha sat down and stared around. They were currently in a cave which was sheltered off and enclosed but if they were ambushed it would become a problem. Digging into his bag, as Mark had gone back to trying to help Yugyeom get as much of the gas out of his lungs as possible, the alpha found the map and stared at it. An old fashioned block map with a grid over the top of it, not the most helpful thing in the world but it was a start. There were key landmarks spotted with crude drawings, including a rock formation which could very much be the one they were sheltering in right now. At the northern tip of the map was a school, which had a couple of residential areas nearby, but they would be highly dangerous indeed to go anywhere near just by logic. There was a couple of churches and a healing spar, but no one really fancied stripping down and getting into hot water at the moment.

 

In the centre there were two structures which caught the alpha’s attention, an observatory which appeared to be at the top of a very high hill and a Shrine.

 

“Do we know which zones will activate the collars in the next few hours?” Jaebeom asked, hating how he sounded so calm and collected even though he was shaking on the inside.

 

Mark nodded and pulled out his own map, which was a bit more crinkled and splattered with something that neither wanted to talk about right now. “Here, I marked them.”

 

Taking the map, Jaebeom nodded and matched up the data, looking down at it. There were three death zones around the observatory within half an hour of each other, but the Shrine appeared to be pretty clear for the most part. He could only hope and pray that the others would click on and head to the same place whilst the Others would go for the School and Residential districts. That made the most sense for them since it would mean that they could access more resources, as part of their instructions had been clear in stating which areas were the better stocked and then having them set loose in the worst possible zone going. Which was the harbour area where landmines had been set along with razor wires and other y-traps. Or at least that was what Jaebeom had to go through with those he had been dropped off at, Yugyeom had been dumped straight into a fast flowing river and had nearly broken his ankle trying to get out of it. Before seeing one of the other pack members being dragged back into the water by a freshwater crocodile. The youngster had not stuck around for long which had led Jaebeom to him quickly.

 

“There’s only us, the Others and about three members of the Grey pack left,” Mark stated into the silence, still holding onto the bottle of pills, “The announcement was about an hour ago, whilst you were passed out.”

 

Bambam shuddered, “In other words, they’re saving us for last.”

 

“Yeah,” Mark replied, shivering a little.

 

The trio were silent for a few moments, “He’s out, he’s safe and no matter what, that’s all that matters.” Jaebeom said, repeating the same mantra over and over again it felt like. “I wouldn’t want him here, not our Chrissy.”

 

“Hell no,” Bambam and Mark replied at the same time.

 

Taking a deep breath, Jaebeom glanced down at the map, “We head towards the Shrine, hopefully that’s where we find Jinyoung and Youngjae if they were heading for higher ground and as long as Jackson isn’t being some die alone hero, he should start up that way too.”

 

“If he’s following the river, it should lead him that way,” Mark replied, shaking his head and standing up before glancing over towards Yugyeom, “Who’s going to carry the oversized puppy?”

 

Tired smiles were his reply before Jaebeom stood up and headed towards the youngster, picking him up, “We take it in turns. Hopefully, we can get a clear run at it.”

 

Just as his words finished, there came a clattering from above and a small canister dropped in from the ceiling and landed heavily on the floor before exploding in a blinding daze of white light.

 

~*~

Looking up as he heard the door opening, Chan blinked heavily and made an odd whimpering noise when he saw his younger omega brother. Felix did not even hesitate, rushing forward to embrace the elder in a tight hold and completely forgetting to shut the door behind him. “Chan? What’s wrong?”

Chan sniffled a reply, unintelligible sounds escaping out of his lips but nothing that could coherently be understood. All he knew was that there was a pain in his heart, and he needed to hug someone tightly and for as long as it was possible to do so. Thankfully, Felix was always up for a hug, even when things were not completely bat crazy and the younger omega gently positioned himself more easily on Chan’s bed so that they could lie together without getting any strange cramps in any parts of their bodies.

For a long while Chan remained like that, not wanting to move and crying drastically any time that Felix attempted to find out what was wrong with his elder brother. Xiumin was sleeping in the relative’s room, having finally passed out after three days and Kyungsoo had taken Kris out of the hospital with the excuse of needing to get clothes for Chan, but Felix knew it was a way to cool the alpha down and get him thinking straight. Felix was not entirely sure how long Chan had been left alone but it could not have been more than a few minutes given the messages that he was exchanging with the adults.

Finally, after a while, Chan seemed to be able to release a breath and Felix tilted his head towards the other omega in question, “Anything you want to talk about?”

Chan shook his head, wiping at his eyes with his hands, looking a lot embarrassed but Felix just smiled and grabbed a tissue from a box on the desk nearby and started to clean the other up. “There, sometimes you just need a good cry, don’t you?” reciting the words that Chan used towards him in the past felt so strange, but it felt good to know that he had been able to help in some form or other.

A weak smile was sent his way in response, Chan rubbing at his chest roughly where his heart was, followed by the mating mark and looked worried. Felix offered his hand out towards the elder without having to be prompted. “Felt like, they gone, but then back,” Chan wrote carefully, “Hurt but alive…”

“Uncle Siwon and Leeteuk are searching for them right now,” Felix replied with a tight smile, “They’ll find them soon.”

A shake of the head was Chan’s reply as he looked down and away, appearing so small and fragile in that moment that Felix wanted to just wave a magic wand and bring back the mates to Chan’s arms because it was clear that he was worried such about them all. Felix was pretty sure that he did not want to know anything about what they were going through, seeing Chan in this amount of distress was enough and hopefully everyone would be fine. Distraction is what the sad omega needed right now and for once, it seemed that Jisung’s plan was going to be the perfect antidote.

“Though I brought something along for you to help you cheer up,” Felix stated brightly, picking up satchel bag which had been left on the floor. Chan blinked softly towards it, his nose twitching almost instantly when it was opened before a squeak left his lips as a plushi was presented to him. A little wolf in a t-shirt who was pink and purple and had a calm, happy smile on it is face. Chan stared at the doll with a million different expressions, before allowing tears to slip down his face.

He took a deep breath and then whispered, “Wolf Chan?”

Felix stared at his elder brother in shock, before smiling happily and just about controlling his urge to squeal, “Yes, that’s right.”

The omega pulled the doll to his chest, hugging it tight and smiling gently, sniffling again but this time with a smile on his lips. Quickly digging into the bag, Felix pulled out the yellow chick next and passed it to Chan. Who blinked a little in shock towards the plush before reaching his hand out and pausing just a fraction away from actually touching it. The younger omega nodded enthusiastically, smiling encouragingly and trying to keep his own tears in check as Chan took the toy with such gentleness into his hands, after setting Wolf Chan down oh so carefully onto his pillows. Staring at the toy, which was super cute, Chan felt his emotions run rampant, especially with the heavily strong scent of Jacaranda which matched the omega sitting opposite him. “B…bok…BbokAri?”

Felix nodded again, “Yeah, you remember him, right?”

A shy smile was his response as the almost silent omega opposite him was hugging the plush tightly to his chest and seeming to try and inhale the scent from the doll as much as possible. Though suddenly Chan looked up and seemed to blink, set the doll aside and flung a hug around Felix just as tightly. “You,” he whispered, “Felix…my little…brother.”

Yeah, now Felix was crying, unable to stop himself from scenting Chan because damn it he wanted to let the world know that the other belonged to him and no one was allowed to hurt him in the slightest. Chan returned the favour after a few moments, the entire room becoming awash with their combined scents which was not too bad in the slightest if truth be told. It took them a while to draw apart and Felix laughed at the expression on Chan’s face. “What?”

Chan looked confused and a little bit lost, but his nose was twitching like mad, and it did not take him long to find the bag with the rest of the plushi’s in it. Once again, he was hesitant to reach for it, but Felix just grabbed the bag and tipped it out on top of Chan. Which earnt him a squeak followed by a whine and then the most adorable sight ever as his big brother who always claimed to never need plushi’s in his life, was scooping all the remaining dolls into his arms and hugging them so close. The sheer amount of scent that was being released into the room was definitely overwhelming, but Felix could not bring himself to care as he heard Chan reciting off all the names in his cute little whisper. “Leebit, Dwaekki, Jiniret, Han Quokka, PuppyM, Foxl-Ny!”

About to praise the other for remembering all the names, as he sure had not, Felix instead found himself drawn to a complete stop when Chan continued on, “Minho, Changbin, Hyunjin, Jisung, Seungmin and Jeongin.” The omega’s eyes were closed so tightly as he hugged the plushi’s closer to his chest, tears literally streaming down his face as he snuggled as close as possible whilst inhaling all the scents with a little whine escaping his throat.

Felix took his chance, “Do you want to see them?” Chan raised his head in question, blinking which Felix had to refrain from cooing over, “They’re outside the door and they want to see you.”

“All?” Chan blinked, looking towards the door which was still open and spotting Seungmin peering around it. The plushi’s tumbled to the bed as the omega held out his arms towards the youngster and Seungmin wasted no time in rushing forward to gather the elder into his hold. Immediately there were tears falling from and Seungmin desperately snuggled close, “I missed you so much! I’m sorry if I was ever horrible to you and said you weren’t my big brother! You’re the best big brother in the world and you should have never had to go through that!”

Chan did not seem to care, hugging Seungmin closer to himself with one arm whilst extending out his arm for Changbin who had followed shortly after and pulled him in just as tight as his actual half-brother. He placed kisses on both their heads and then shifted back a little to receive double cheek kissed from Hyunjin and Jisung who had slipped in behind to wrap their arms around Chan. He kissed them back and tried to add them to the big group cuddle that he had going on but then stiffened up momentarily.

Jeongin raised his hands as he stepped back, trying his best not to look like it did not hurt but failing because he was still their puppy at the end of the day whilst Minho just nodded towards the group, muttering, “We get it, don’t worry.”

Chan however wiggled himself free and reached towards the pair, making a distressed noise that they all immediately recognised. Felix paled for a second, haunting memories of the sound that his mother used to make before he was laughing the next second as Jeongin tripped over his own feet in his attempt to get towards the grabby hands. Chan was immediately on the floor with the youngest, pulling him in tightly for a hug whilst Minho wrapped himself around the pair of them only to be manhandled into a hug and a scenting. “Mine!” Chan whispered, reciting what the two alpha brothers used to say if he ever showed an interest in anyone ever. “Mine!”

Felix sighed and rolled his eyes before getting down off the bed to gently wrap his arms around Chan’s way too thin waist, “Yes yours, but you need to stay on the bed. You’ll end up sick on the floor and I don’t want the nurses to cut our time short.”

Looking at the younger with a question in his eyes, Chan just snuggled against the others scent gland and allowed himself to be lifted back onto the bed by Felix and Hyunjin.

When Kris and Kyungsoo entered the room, not fifteen minutes later, they found Chan in the centre of a huge cuddle pile with all his brothers and their plushi’s, along with their tears and scents. Many shots were stolen, especially as Jeongin had wrapped Chan up in Yiyang’s cardigan making the omega look extra cute and fluffy.

Kyungsoo smiled softly as he hugged up against his alpha, “You have good kids, you know, that right?”

Kris smirked, “You mean we do.”

“Maybe soon,” Kyungsoo replied, smiling bashfully before sighing happily, “Though I’ll take these brats any day.”

The alpha chuckled and pressed a kiss to the crown of the others head before moving across to the group, to sit next to them and hold onto Chan’s hand which became free whilst Kyungsoo went to fetch Xiumin from the other room. He squeezed his sons’ hand and sent him a loving smile, pleased to see that it was shyly returned before the rest of his cubs got jealous and playfully attempted to steal Chan’s attention away from their father.

Kris just laughed gently in return and hoped that soon, Chan’s mates would be there for him just as much. For now, though, they just had to hope and pray that everything would work out for the best.  

 

 

authors babbling: 

don't panic, Got7 are not dead and they will get back to Channie's loving arms. not quite sure when but it will happen and it'sll be even more mushy than this....adorable cuddle pile but it's also something I can totally see happening in real life too. Though I would love the photos of that. 

Also trying to come up with future mates for everyone else, Minho and Seugmin are painfully easy (feel free to guess those two) but I'm a bit stuck on the others. Other than Changlix but like I've stated, that's complicated in of itself but I will reiterrate that Felix is not blood related to Changbin so it's not . But they've grown up as brothers so it's a bit hard, or Changbin is just overthinking everything as per usual lol. Any suggestions would be welcomed!