King Seungwan's Justice #1

God Save Our King
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a bright and sunny morning. A small crowd had gathered in the palace arena. Usually the kingdom's troops use it for military exercises but today something extraordinary was about to happen.

If only Shon Seungwan can stop panicking.

"Really Seulgi... I can just take it back and tell Lady Bae it was just a misunderstanding. We don't have to fight at all." Seungwan said miserably.

"Unfortunately your highness, it cannot be undone. It is after all a very traditional custom and I don't think taking it back is going to help you at all." Seulgi calmly explained.

"Then what do I do? I am not a fighter.. I detest violence you know that... I don't want to fight and hurt Lady Bae!" Seungwan, the ever gallant idiot, said.

"You will just have to wing it this time your highness. Don't you worry about the Lady Bae, she is an amazing warrior princess who has topped her military and magic training. You do not have to fear for her." Solar explained diplomatically, oblivious to her new king's impending doom.

"Oh my god... this is it... I'm going to die in the hands of a dangerous angel." Seungwan said devastated, hands on her head.

Just in time, her opponent had arrived at the other side of the arena. She was donned in a different garb, more military-like akin to Seulgi's uniform but in a stunning combination of royal pink and white. The lady Bae looked equally fierce and majestic. Accompanying her was the annoying white-haired Lord Hwang who had an evil smirk to his face.

"I see that you have not ran away. It's good to know that you still have the decency to show yourself in this fight. Be warned that I am not going to be lenient to you. I will show you no mercy."

The Lady Bae straightforwardly said, now just a few meters away from Seungwan. The latter straightened up, seeing no chance of escaping her doomed fate. 

"I really do not want to fight you, Lady Bae. I think that all of this is just a big misunderstanding. But if I really have to fight you, I just want one thing. " 

"Name it"

"I want to choose how we are going to fight."

"What?"

"Let me explain to you the mechanics of our fight. Notice the circle around us. It's there for a reason. We eliminate each other by making one of us step out of the circle. There will be no weapons used, only our hands held forward like this..."

Seungwan went on to demonstrate. She squatted her thighs and raised her hands forward. Alternatingly, she pushed them while moving.

"This is an honorable sport in our country and a great display of strength. I have to say I never thought I'd be able to do sumo wrestling in all my life but I guess, it's a fair game for both of us."

"What kind of fight is this? And why are you taking your clothes off?!" asked Lady Bae Joohyun, her face getting flustered seeing Seungwan, ing her top, now only wearing a white shirt, showing her nimble arms.

"I just explained to you the mechanics of this game. Now if you want to move better, I suggest you let go of that sword and be ready."

"This is ridiculous."

"It's actually quite simple for a game my lady. Whoever is out of the circle, is the loser. If you push your opponent out of the line, you win." Solar said after analyzing what Seungwan had just explained.

She got fascinated by the simplicity of the game and cannot wait to see the two nobility fight in this game.

"You have the advantage of strength and power Joohyun. I think you can easily defeat that hamster." Said Lord Kim, clearly mocking Seungwan.

"Hey, what hamster are you talking about?! Insulting me won't get me distracted Lord Hwang, that's a low blow I tell you!" Seungwan countered.

"Enough. If this is how you want to be defeated then fine with me. I have warned you. And either way, I will defeat you! I will reclaim the throne..  and my honor!"

After a few minutes, both parties had settled down except for the two players in the circle. Patiently waiting for the signal to start.

"Now, I have to tell you that in this game.. concentration is key and it is up to any of the players to.. START!"

Lady Joohyun was surprised when Seungwan, suddenly advanted towards her, making her step back. The latters advances continued as she pushed her hands alternatingly, while Lady Bae also kept on stepping back, not being able to take the offense. When Seungwan saw the line

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter