Of Private Baths and y Strangers

God Save Our King
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'This angel is dangerous... dangerous... angel.. my angel...'

"Your highness! Oh my goodness!" 

Right at that moment Solar along with Seulgi and the others have arrived at courtyard.

"Are you alright your highness...? It must have been a horrible fall for you" Solar immediately knelt beside her.  Seulgi held her hand out to helo her stand.

'Horrible is an understatement Solar...' Seungwan thought.

"Your highness?"

The angel asked. Her scowling expression turned into a confused one. Her eyes narrowed at Seungwan and the latter had never felt so small in all her life.

"This is the new demon king?"

It was a short question. But it had fueled Seungwan's embarrassment even more. Although, she can't blame the angel for being confused for she can't believe her fate as the new demon king as well. Her looking like mother duck in a puddle of mud is also not helping her case.

"Yes milady. This majestic person right here is none other than our very own new demon king!" Solar said, looking at Seungwan with pride and joy.

Seungwan just wanted to disappear in the puddle of mud at that moment.

The angel huffed.

"Is this a joke? How can this stupid creature be the next demon king? She can't even ride a horse properly" the angel said adding more strikes to Seungwan's wounded ego.

"Lady Bae, I appeal for your consideration. Her highness is still new to this world and so as riding horses. This accident is simply a result of a series of misfortunate incidents." Seulgi said, defending Seungwan's honor.

The ethereal angel named Lady Bae now shifted her attention to the captain of the royal guards. There was fire on her eyes as she stared at her... like her eyes literally sparked with fire in her irises..but it disappeared in a second. Was Seungwan just imagining it?

"You should have known to prepare her kind better before claiming the title of the next demon king. I'm disgusted by this lack of competence, Captain Kang" Lady Bae said, her words unrestrained and provocative.

"My lady!" Solar exclaimed, understanding the weight of her words. Lady Bae just insulted the their demon king with an onslaught of slander towards her captain of the guards.

"I will not take back my words until I acknowledge that this creature is really the next demon king... till then, I ask for your consideration. " With one last piercing stare towards Seungwan, Lady Bae turned away and guided Seungwan's horse in another direction. Yep, the horse got that lady. Horsey -1, Seungwan- 0.

Sigh. Seulgi felt like she was about to get a headache. It hasn't even been an hour since they have arrived in the palace. But what's more important is that Seungwan is here now.

"Your highness I apologize for milady's behavior. I assure you that she does not mean u any harm." Seulgi said apologetically.

"Um... I'm not sure why she seems to hate me but you don't have to apologize to me Seulgi..." although confused, Seungwan knows that her godmother did nothing wrong.

" I thank you for your benevolence your highness.." The captain smiled gratefully.

"Seulgi, this is where we temporarily part our ways. I and the other attendants shall help prepare her highness for tonight." Solar said, addressing the Royal Captain of Guards.

"Then I shall see you tonight at the banquet your highness." Seulgi bowed.

"Yeah see you at the banquet Seulgi! Wait.. banquet? what banquet?" she asked Solar.

"A banquet in honor of your first arrival to the kingdom your highness." Solar replied as she escorted the young demon king in the palace.

"Oh... that's nice." 

But why does Seungwan feel like it's going to be another disaster???

----------------------------------------------

Demon King's Private Bath

 

Sigh. 

'I guess being the new demon king has its perks...'

Seungwan is currently in the a private bath exclusive for the demon king. It was wide, spacious and very comf

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter