Seungwan the Chosen One

God Save Our King
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'Welcome to the Great Demon Kingdom your highness...'

Seungwan sighed as she stared at the burning fire which illuminates their temporary camp. Her cavalry had set up comfortable tents for them to serve as their shelter for the night.   As planned, they will continue travelling back to the Palace at early sunrise the next day.

"Are you okay your highness?" 

A young woman in khaki military garb sat beside her in front of the bonfire. This was the same woman who called out Seungwan's name during her encounter with the villagers and the mysterious rider. Seungwan's first impression of this young woman is a fierce military warrior.

But now, as her companion is covered with thick furry coats and breathes fog, Seungwan thought that she somehow resembles a bear. She introduced herself earlier as Seulgi who is currently leading the demon king's retainers, technically their "commander".

"Oh, it's just a lot to take I guess... I mean a few hours ago I was somewhere being flushed in a toilet and now here I am..  in a foreign land which I barely knew anything about... it feels like a dream.. " she replied.

Seulgi was silent for a few seconds, just staring at the bonfire. 

"I understand that you must be confused and scared right now after suddenly being summoned in this world, sire. Believe me when I say that I know what you are feeling right now. In fact, I had once been lost in your world too", Seulgi said as she chuckled.

"What? Are you for real? How is that even possible?" asked Seungwan, her eyes as wide as saucers.

"I was once summoned on earth in order to make sure that the soul of the next demon king is safely transported in your world. I arrived in the last week of February at Seoul, in the middle of what your people would call a the "worst traffic". I was confused with the tall buildings and cars that passed me by. I also remember some humans oddly pointing at me... you can say that experience had unnerved me so much more than the wars I have been through..", Seulgi's eyes were disappearing as she smiled at the memory.

"I don't know what could have happend to me if it wasn't for a lady who opened a taxi for me. She had urged me to join her despite being in a hurry... for someone who was about to give birth, she was very graceful and elegant with words and actions..."

"Wow.. you were lucky then! You could have been in an accident or something... that woman really saved your Seulgi (insert Seungwan's adorable laugh)... Anyway, the funny thing is that my mom told me a similar story of how she met a mysterious stranger while she was on her way to the hospital as she was about to give birth to me. According to her, it was the stranger who gave me this special name, Seungwan which means the---"

"...the chosen one", Seulgi said. Giving Seungwan a meaningful smile.

"That's right! How did you know that?! ....  wait, ...a mysterious stranger... summoned during the last week of February... in the middle of Seoul's heavy traffic.... are you..by any chance, ar- are y-you that person Seulgi?", Seungwan asked, still trying to put things together.

"Yes, your highness. I am the one who advised your mother to give you this sacred name and she also happened to make me your godmother as well.." Seulgi grinned cheekily towards Seungwan.

"My godmother??! Bu-but Seulgi, you barely look any older than I am... this is crazy!" Seungwan exclaimed, still finding it hard to comprehend that Seulgi have such an important role in her life since birth.

"I do apologize for making things awkward with you your highness. I just want you to know that I have been waiting for a long time to formally meet you and greet you. It is my honor and pleasure to finally serve you, sire."

"I guess... I have no choice but to accept things as they are now Seulgi. Although I am weirded out

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter