Chapter Two

Goals not Obstacles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She stood up and closed her jacket as someone was embracing her suddenly. She felt the warmth of a body and she didn’t know who it was until the person slowly detached from her, she couldn’t believe her eyes.

“What are you doing?“ Miyeon was shocked to see Bang Chan in front of her. Although he had a cap on and a face mask she could still recognize his voice. And why did he just hug her out of nowhere?

“It’s so good to see you again. How is your husband and kids doing?“ Chan asked and pushed Miyeon down her chair again before he sat down in front of her.

“What are you even talking about?“ She asked completely confused because she didn’t even have a husband or kids.

“Please play along… just ten minutes…“ He whispered pleadingly and Miyeon couldn’t do anything against remembering how he had pleaded with his girlfriend, and she just let him down. She somehow didn’t want to do that to him again. “Just go with the flow, okay?“

“They… are good.“ She spoke and it felt so strange to speak about something that she didn’t even have nor understand.

Chan was happy that she was just complying and playing her part in this. He really needed to let the stalker know that he was not alone. That way the stalker wouldn’t approach him. Also did he talk obviously about the fact that the woman he was talking right now to had a husband and a kid. Although that might now be true through, but he never knew what the people were thinking. He didn’t need a rumor going around of him having a girlfriend.

After fifteen minutes he hoped that the stalker was gone and stopped talking nonsense with her. “Thank you for not leaving.“

“It’s okay but I think I will go now.“ Miyeon said as she grabbed her bag from the floor ready to stand up. She really needed to get going.

“But you haven’t finished your food.“ Chan pointed at the bowl of ramen between them on the table.

 “It’s okay, I’m not hungry anymore so it doesn’t matter.“ She picks up the bowl but was stopped by his hands on hers. Shocked again she looked at him. The disrespect was immense.

He couldn’t believe his eyes. The bowl was more than half full, and she was going to waste it? He wouldn’t let her, even if touching her was disrespectful. “No I won’t waste any food and you shouldn’t either.“

“That’s none of your business-“ Miyeon started but the bowl was already in his hands and before him. He took the chopsticks and put some ramen in his mouth.

She was utterly shocked — the third time now. Hugging her, touching her hands and now eating her food? Was there an end to this?

“That’s good!...oh… oooh… oh no….“ His face became strange and it alarmed her.

“What-What is it?“

“This is spicy food… aaahhh... I’m not good with that.“ He leaned back on the chair while heavily chewing the food.

Miyeon tries once again to grab the bowl from him. “Then stop eating it! I never wanted you to eat it.“ But he was faster and got it back to take another spoon full of the broth.

“It’s so tasty but it hurts so much.“ His voice was full of pain as he grabbed her bottle of water and took a large sip out of it.

“Are you even sane? Stop eating! How can you love food so much?“ She couldn’t believe what she was seeing here. A man that couldn’t obviously handle spicy food stuffed his mouth full of it although he was in pain.

“I love food more than anything…. Oh god… my stomach…ahhh… it really burns.“ He held his belly with one hand while he put some more noodles into his mouth. It was as if he couldn’t stop- Although he felt so much pain, spicy food was just too tasty and too addicting.

“I give up — you are crazy.“ She just exclaimed while she searched in her bag for a banana milk that she had bought earlier at JYPE. She gave it to him, so he could really calm down from all the spicy heat in his mouth and stomach.

She had to laugh in her mind about him as he chugged down the milk. It was somehow funny to watch how he suffered from the pain that he himself had inflicted upon him but soon enough he took her out of her thoughts.

“So now that I’ve eaten your food, I feel terrible for not even knowing your name. So who can I thank for the tasty meal?“ He asked shyly with a smile while he looked at her. He was really eager to know her name.

“Oh my name… My name is Hyun… Hyun Sohee“ Miyeon immediately regretted saying that name. She just wanted to say  some random name because she wasn’t very fond of more contact with him. But it was as if this was a knee-jerk reaction, and she told him the name of her personal assistant. Who was the biggest Stray Kids and Bang Chan fan she knew…

“You already know, but my name is Bang Christopher or Chan — what ever you prefer.“ Chan was introducing him although it seemed pointless, there were basic manners. “Well then Sohee-ssi thank you for that meal. Are you younger or older than me?“

Miyeon knew why he asked. In their culture it was unavoidable to ask about the age to address the person correctly. So she just truthfully answered. “I’m 27 years old.“ In high hopes that this what stop from further talking because she was obviously too old for him.

“So I was right you are my Noona.“ Chan laughed and wiggled his eyebrows at her.

“Stop that nonsense and no informal talk.“ She strictly stated, and he just nodded.

Chan realized that Sohee was not someone that was easy to talk to and still it strangely didn’t put him off. Also, the age difference was no obstacle to him. In JYPE there were so many of his friends older and it didn’t bother him. As long as he clicked with the person age was nothing but a number.

“Okay, but what are you doing here at this hour?“ he further asked. He tried his hardest to keep her in front of him because he could see that she wanted to leave if she would get the chance to do so.

“I finished my work and was eating dinner or more like breakfast?“ Miyeon explained as Chan looked at her interested.

“Now is your end of work?“ Chan was surprised. “Is your boss okay with that?“

Miyeon had to stop herself from laughing out loud. She was the head of the department — she is her own boss. But that was not something that she wanted to him know. “My boss is fine with my hours.“

“And where do you work in JYPE?“

So where was she working? Somewhere where he would never find her. “In Marketing“ she lied now.

“What are you doing there?“ He seemed really interested but Miyeon was not really having it.

“Thinking about strategies to sell more of your music“ She improvised. She didn’t really know what the marketing department did but hoped it was enough for him.

“And what about-“ Chan was starting again but Miyeon was getting slow

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter