Chapter One

Goals not Obstacles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a long and tiring day for Miyeon as she felt that her eyes almost closed by itself. She looked at the clock in her office. It was already 2 am. She decided to call it a day and packed her things into her purse.

She had to be in the office at 12 pm for a meeting again. So she wanted to go home, freshen herself up and get some sleep.

She took the elevator and went into the parking lot of her company. Slowly she walked towards her car but stopped in her tracks as a black van was parked just next to her car. She hid a little behind a pillar as she saw a male figure.

He was dressed in all black. Shoes, skinny torn jeans, Hoodie, cap — everything black. He was talking with a blonde haired female with a facemask.

“Listen… can’t we just grab something to eat before you go?“ The male spoke. He seemed desperate but the woman didn’t care as she was occupied with her mobile phone as she answered him.

“No I need to sleep. I have practice early in the morning.“ She didn’t even look at him but the male tried again talking to her.

“But we haven’t seen each other in a while. Just a half an hour?“ He pleaded again. Miyeon felt that he really wanted to spend time with her, but she just wasn’t up for that. Now she could even see that the woman wasn’t alone in the van. There were even three more females in the van who seemed equally disinterested in the male.

“No we really need to go.“ The female was determined as she still hadn’t once looked at the male.

“Sora-ah you can’t be seriou-“ He tried it, but she just shook her head as she interrupted him.

“We'll text. Bye.“ With her words the van started and drove off leaving the male behind.

He threw his arms over his head as he let out a small growl. He even stomped one foot on the ground while he looked at the floor. Miyeon was curious who this person was who let himself treat like that. All the time she had just seen his back. Slowly she walked towards her car and the man next to it. She unlocked her car which let the man turn around abruptly.

She recognized the man — it was Stray Kids' leader Bang Chan.

Chan saw a brunette woman just a few feet away from him. She was still in her business attire which was a white blouse, a black skirt and black high heels. Her also black blazer was draped over her right arm where she was also holding her purse. She seemed not very much older than him but still had an aura which made him think twice how he should talk to her.

“Busy Bang…“ She just slowly spoke, and he knew what she meant immediately. Within JYP they called him like that because he was always working so much.

“Ahh…“ Chan shyly laughed awkwardly as he scratched the back of his neck with one hand. “I hope you didn’t hear everything?“

“I’m not interested.“ She just stated. He looked into her brown eyes and just saw boredom now. It was weird but still he wanted to talk further more with her.

“Are you a fan? Should I sign something for you?“ He smiled but was again overwhelmed with her attitude which almost screamed to just not bother her?

“No I’m not.“ She shook her head and it seemed as if he couldn’t really speak to her. He just nodded and bowed slightly.

“Well then… goodbye.“

“Goodbye.“ She bowed back, and he turned around to walk away as he heard her mumble.

“Move on, she isn’t into you“

He stopped in his tracks. What did she say? “Did you talk to me?“ he asked with a slight smile as he pointed with his forefinger towards him.

The woman looked at him, but just shook her head quickly and opened her passenger door to put her purse in. Chan just nodded. He must have misheard but as he turned around he heard her lowly again.

“Just accept it for your own good, she isn't into you“

“What did you say?“ He came now closer to really talk to her. It made him upset that she wasn’t talking directly to him. “I don’t play these kinds of games, if you have anything to say, say it to my face.“

She took a deep breath in annoyance.

“I just said that she isn’t into you.“ She stated clearly while looking into his eyes.

His eyebrows furrowed. “What are you even talking about?“

“I’ve seen how she spoke with you, it's clear.“ She just crossed her arms before her chest.

“I thought you weren’t interested. Are you stalking me?“ He was surprised with her answer — so she did hear everything with Sora?

Utterly shocked her arms fell to her sides as she exclaimed. “What??? Why would I? I work here!“

Chan's gaze fell onto her hip where her JYPE identification card dangled. Her saw her photo and next to that a name, but he couldn’t read the name or her occupation. But that ID seemed very legit, so she really worked at JYPE.

“Then keep working here and don’t put your nose into things you have no clue about.“ His tone was clear and direct. Who was she to judge his situation? She was no one to him and Chan hadn’t to be accountable towards a stranger.

“As if I have no clue about how to let a man not directly know that he’s not the one for me“ Miyeon just hu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter