Bonus Scene 1: The Club Scene

Seoulmates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So someone asked me about what happened at the club that Aera got so flustered when Jongdae brought it up, and while I had a vague idea, it got me thinking more about what would've happened between them, and this was born lol. It's fairly short, but it's just a small snippet of what happened right after the club scene ended in the original.

Aera could feel her heart beating out of her chest as Jongdae wrapped his arms around her waist, and she hesitantly wrapped hers around his neck. The song blasting out of the club speakers was one that people were jumping and screaming along with, the bass ridiculously loud, but all she could focus on was the sound of her own heart pounding in her ears. They were moving to every other beat, just wrapped up in each other. She wanted to say something — anything — to make the situation a bit less intense. Instead, Jongdae just kept looking into her eyes, and she was getting lost within his. They were a soft, yet dark, brown color that absolutely captured her attention. His eyes were the color of freshly brewed coffee against the soft colors of a sky during a sunrise, and she wished that she could take a picture of that to keep with her.

“Are you taking a date to the wedding?” Jongdae asked, startling Aera out of her thoughts. She slowly shook her head.

“I don't really know anyone here outside my family,” she responded. She then spoke up again, more of an afterthought, “Except for you, of course.”

“Ah. No church oppas to sweep you off your feet, huh?” he asked, with a small smile on his face. Aera laughed. All the tension and heat that had been building up in her body had suddenly disappeared just with one joking comment from him, and she marveled again at how at ease she felt around him.

“Are you offering?” she asked, tilting her head to the side, a small smile playing on her own lips. 

“Not just yet,” he laughed. “Unfortunately, I have my own family plans, so I’m booked mostly till the end of the year.”

“I guess that means that I won’t see you again until we get back to Columbia, huh?”

“I suppose so,” he murmured back. “I’m sorry about that.”

“Don’t apologize, Jongdae,” she smiled, rolling her eyes. “Nothing we can do about that. Besides, if you showed up at the wedding with me, Mina might force us to stand up there with her and Myungsoo to get married alongside them.”

“She’s a romantic at heart,” he observed.

Aera tightened her hold around his neck, and she was contemplating running her fingers through the hair at the nape of his neck, and she felt him bring her slightly closer to him. “That she is.”

“What about you?” he asked, shaking his head trying to move the hair that was falling into his eyes. 

Aera hummed, thinking about his question. She wasn’t insanely romantic like Mina was, but she could definitely appreciate a good romantic gesture. “It depends on the situation. I do love a good rom-com movie or a romance book, but it’s a hit or miss with real life.”

“I get that,” he mused, shaking his head again. 

Aera laughed, and she moved one of her hands to push his hair out of his eyes, and she tried not to die inside at how soft his hair felt. Her fingers had brushed his forehead as well, and she watched as his eyes fluttered shut momentarily at the contact. Jongdae bit his lip, as though he were in contemplation over something, his eyes searching her face before darting down to her lips. Aera felt like she was drowning in the way he was looking at her, and it scared her to think that she was willing to take the jump into the deep end to completely lose herself. 

They were already standing so close to each other, their chests barely touching, and Jongdae was slowly moving his head closer to her. She was already getting pushed closer and closer to him thanks to all the jostling of the people around them, and at one point, someone backed into her so much that she tripped over her feet and stumbled right into Jongdae’s chest.

He caught her just as the two of them stumbled a few steps backwards, and thankfully, it didn’t lead to an entire domino effect of people falling around them.

Her head was effectively buried in his chest as his arms came up to wrap around her back securely, and she unconsciously breathed in, recognizing his scent as a cologne that smelled of a type of wood — pine or oak, she couldn’t tell — and sweat, and she closed her eyes at the feeling of calmness that washed over he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter