Chapter Five

Faded Star

Chapter Five

 

Yuri walked into Tae Kyung's hospital room and was surprised to see two guest in the room, sitting in the chairs beside Tae Kyung's hospital bed.

"Did they stay overnight after visiting hours was over?" She wondered as she walked further into the room.

She walked up to the chairs and recognizes one of the guest was Go Mi Nam, who was asleep, slumped in the chair. Looking pass Go Mi Nam, she saw a woman sitting in the chair who she believe is Go Mi Nam's sister, asleep with her head resting on the bed next to Tae Kyung's hand that she was still holding on to.

She couldn't help but feel sympathy for the girl asleep by Tae Kyung side.

"Tae Kyung must be very important to her," Yuri thought to herself and went to check on Tae Kyung,  the IV bag, and the monitoring device to make sure everything was good. Then she turned and looked at Go Mi Nam and Go Mi Nyu.

She knew she should wake them up and send them home, but she couldn't bring herself to do it. They were sleeping so peacefully and who knew when that would happen again or what the next days would bring. Instead, she left the room for a minute and came back with the blankets, placing it over Go Mi Nam and his sister shoulders and then quietly exited the room.

Closing the door to Tae Kyung's hospital room, Yuri turned around to leave and came to face with Doctor Ha Rin, who surprised to see her.

"Yuri?" Ha Rin said and Yuri bowed her head down at her. "I heard from Aria that you were sick yesterday. How are you feeling?"

"I'm feeling better so I decided to come to work early today for my shift and to say thank you to Aria for taking over my shift yesterday," Yuri softly replied and then looked back at Tae Kyung's hospital room door. "Um, did you know...," She looked back at Ha Rin and started to asked but Ha Rin cut her off.

"I had allowed Go Mi Nam and his sister, Go Mi Nyu to stay overnight by Tae Kyung side," Ha Rin told her. "Did you spoke with them?"

Yuri shook her head. "No, they were sleeping when I came in".

"I see," Ha Rin said as she stared passed Yuri at the door to Tae Kyung's hospital room. "Any changes for the patient?"

"Here's the report," Yuri gave the clipboard to Doctor Ha Rin, who took it and read it carefully.

"Yuri! Doctor Ha Rin!" a male's voice suddenly called out to them. 

They turned their head toward the direction of the voice and saw Shin woo, Jeremy, Manager Ma, and Coordinator Wang walked toward them. Jeremy was waving at them with a smile on his face.

"Yuri? Doctor? Is everything alright?" Shin woo asked after he made it over to them and stood in front of them.

"Everything is fine," Ha Rin answered. "You all here to visited Tae Kyung, right?"

"Is Hyung alright? Any changes on his condition and will he wake up soon?" Jeremy appeared beside Shin woo and asked his questions.

"For a month we had been monitoring Tae Kyung, his condition has been improving. This morning I noticed some new signs from the report Yuri had gave me and if it all goes well, Tae Kyung should come out from his coma and wake up sooner than expected," Doctor Ha Rin told him.

"Really, That's good news!" Jeremy smile in relieved. 

"Doctor Ha Rin, do you know how soon he would wake up?" Coordinator Wang asked and everyone looked at her.

"If I have to estimate, it would be this week that he should wake up," Ha Rin replied and noticed everyone sigh in relieved. "But..., that doesn't mean that he's going to be released from the hospital early. He would have to stay here for a few days for further observation on his condition.".

"That would mean that he wouldn't be able to be there for the interview with Reporter Kim next week," Coordinator Wang pointed out in frustration.

Noticing the concern and worried look on everyone face, Ha Rin can't help but asked. "Is there a something wrong?"

"It's nothing that we can't handle," Shin woo said with ease. "We do understand that Tae Kyung's health is more important than anything else," He turned and looked at Jeremy, Coordinator Wang, and Manager Ma. "Isn't that right, everyone?

"That's right!" Jeremy agreed while Manager Ma and Coordinator Wang nodded in agreement.

"Okay," Ha Rin smiled. "I shall be leaving now to go check on my other patients. You all can go in and visited your friend. I'll be stopping by later if anyone have any questions for me or you can ask Yuri and she'll try to answer your questions as best as she could".

"Thank you," Shin Woo, Jeremy, Coordinator Wang and Manager Ma said and bow their heads at the same time. Then they watched Ha Rin left down the hallway leaving Yuri with them.

Shin Woo then turned and looked at Yuri, "Yuri," He started to say and Yuri turned to look at him.

"Yes," She said and waited for him to continue.

"Is it alright if I could speak with you privately?" He asked.

"Um..., you want to speak with me...," She pointed at herself in confused and then continue, "privately?"

Shin Woo nodded. "Is that alright with you?" He asked, noticing the uncomfortable look on her face. "If you don't want to, it's okay". He added.

"It's fine with me. It just that I won't be available until later on, after my shift," Yuri said a moment later. "Is that alright with you?"

"That's fine with me," Shin woo said to her and pulled out a small folded piece of paper out from his pocket. "Here," He held the small folded piece of paper in front of Yuri, who stared at it confused before she reluctantly took it.

"It's my number. You can contact me whenever you are ready to meet up," He told her.

Yuri slightly nodded and put the small folded piece of paper in her pocket. "I have to get back to work now," She said to Shin Woo and then left down the hallway.

Shin Woo was watching Yuri walking away as Jeremy appeared beside him, watching Yuri leaving.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A woman dressed in a suit walked up to a door of a hotel room and knock on it three times. The door open halfway, revealing Mo Hwa Ran, who immediately recognize the woman dressed in a suit.

"Doctor Da-rae," She opened the door wider to let Doctor Da -rae walked inside her hotel room.

"Please tell me you have good news for me," Mo Hwa Ran said after she closed the door to her hotel room and then sat down in a chair across from Doctor Da-rae.

"Yes, I do have some good news for you, but first I need to check your health and your shoulder to see how much it has improve," Doctor Da-rae said as she grabbed her medical equipment out from her bag. "How's your shoulder if you don't mind I ask?" 

"My shoulder is good," Mo Hwa Ran answered.

Doctor Da-rae used the stethoscope and placed against Mo Hwa Ran's chest, listening to the sound of her heart and lung. "Relax and breathe in and out slowly," She said to Mo Hwa Ran, who did what she was instructed to do. "Perfect," She put the stethoscope in her bag and then grabbed the blood pressure machine and checked Mo Hwa Ran's blood pressure, recording the data in her notebook. Then she put the blood pressure away in her bag with the rest of the medical equipment.

"Everything is normal and good for your health," She told Mo Hwa Ran. "About the good news you been anxious to know,  I had spoken with Doctor Ha-Rin earlier before arriving here. She told me that Tae Kyung's condition has been improving and there were some good signs from the report she has seen this morning. It is estimated from Ha-Rin that Tae Kyung would wake up soon this week if everything goes well".

"That really is good news to hear," Mo Hwa Ran said in relieved and smiled. "Thank you so much for telling me this good news and kept me updated on Tae Kyung's condition".

"You're welcome," Doctor Da-rae smiled and got up from his seat. "If there's anything else you need to know or have any other questions, feel free to give me a call".

Mo Hwa Ran got up from her seat, "Doctor Da-rae, there is something I would like to know". She said and saw Doctor Da-rae nodded for her to continue with her question. "Did you ever find out who was the person that did the blood transfusion for Tae Kyung?"

"Unfortunately, I don't have that information for you nor am I able to get it for you because from what Ha-Rin had told me,  the person that done the blood transfusion had asked to remain anonymous. I apologizes that I couldn't help you with this," Dr Da rae explained. 

Mo Hwa Ran shook her head and smiled. "That's okay. You had help me telling about Tae Kyung's condition which I really appreciate it".

"I'm glad to help you," Doctor Da-rae said and begin to walked over to the door with Mo Hwa Ran. 

Closing the door shut behind her, Mo Hwa Ran walked over to the couch and sat down in it. She took a photo out from her bag and stared at it. It was a picture of her son, Tae Kyung.

"I'm glad that you'll soon wake up," She said out loud to herself. "But, who gave you the blood transfusion?" She questioned.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Shin woo, Jeremy, Coordinator Wang, and Manager Ma entered into the room and saw Go Mi Nam sitting beside Go Mi Nyu, who was staring at Tae Kyung.

"Go Mi Nam! Go Mi Nyu!" Jeremy beamed and rushed over to them. "We bought you guys coffees and foods". He held up the two cup of coffee while Coordinator Wang held up the bag of food.

"Thanks," Go Mi Nam grabbed the two cup of coffee from Jeremy's hands and gave one to his sister, who let go of Tae Kyung's hand and reluctantly took the cup of coffee.

"Thank you," Go Mi Nyu said to everyone in the room before she carefully took a sip of her coffee then placed on the table next to Tae Kyung's hospital bed.

"So, does anyone has any good news to share?" Go Mi Nam asked right after he took a sip of his coffee.

"Earlier, this morning, Doctor Ha Rin had told me, Jeremy, Coordinator Wang, and Manager ma that Tae Kyung condition has been improving and there were good signs shown on the report. Tae Kyung will soon wake up from his coma," Shin Woo explained.

"Really? How soon will Tae Kyung wake up?" Go Mi Nyu eyes lit up with hope and a smile appear on her face as she asked the question.

"This week," Jeremy answered for Shin woo with a smile.

Everyone notices how happy Go Mi Nyu is, when she heard the good news. It was the first time they see her smile after they saw how upset she was when she heard about what happened to Tae Kyung.

"That's really great!" Go Mi Nyu grabbed Tae Kyung's hand and held it again in her hand. "I can't wait to see you wake up," She softly said and placed Tae Kyung's hand on her cheek.

Manager Ma smile at the sight in from of him for a moment but then stopped when a question pop up in his mind. "I wonder how would Tae Kyung react when he wake up from his coma?" He muttered and begin picturing scenarios in his mind.

 

Scenario # 1

Tae Kyung wake up from his coma confused and irritated.

"Where am I?" He hoarsely asked in confused and a bit upset. "What's going on?!"

"Hyungnim!" Go Mi Nyu cried and immediately hugged him.

"Go Mi Nyu, you're back?" Tae Kyung asked in surprised as he hugged her but then wince in pain. "Ah! My arm!" He yelped.

Realizing her mistake, Go Mi Nyu immediately let go of Tae Kyung and took a huge step back. "I'm sorry," She apologized.

"How did I get here and how long was I here for?"  Tae Kyung asked.

"You were in a car accident and ended up in a coma for a month," Shin woo explained.

"I was in a coma for A MONTH!" Tae Kyung said in shocked that he literally tried to get out of bed, but Jeremy stopped him.

"Hyung! What are you doing?"

"I can't be here. I have things to do. Let me go!. Tae Kyung yelled while trying to break free from Jeremy and Shin Woo grip.

 

Manager ma shakes his head. "No, that doesn't seem right. Maybe Tae Kyung would react like this," He said and the second scenario play in his mind.

 

Scenario # 2

Tae Kyung wake up from his coma confused at where he was.

"Where am I?" He hoarsely asked in confused. "What's going on?!"

"Hyungnim!" Go Mi Nyu cried and immediately hugged him;

"Go Mi Nyu?" He cried and hugged her back. "I'm happy that you're back.

"Hyung! You're awake!" Jeremy joined in the hug and cried.

Soon, Shin Woo, Manager Ma, and Coordinator Wang ended up in a group hug, crying as well.

 

SMACK!

A hand hit Manager Ma in the back of his head, snapping him out from his daydreaming of Scenario #2. He clutched the back of his head with his hand and looked over to see Coordinator Wang beside him, glaring at him.

"Knock it off with the daydreaming!" She scolded him.

"Sorry," He apologized while rubbing the back of his head.

Go Mi Nam got up from his seat, placing the cup of coffee down on table next to his sister's cup of coffee. He walked over to Shin Woo and Jeremy.

"The situation you had told me over the phone yesterday, any ideas on how to handle it since we know that Tae Kyung would not be release from the hospital anytime soon?" He asked.

"There is a idea but I'm not sure if it would work or not," Shin Woo told him.

"Do you mind sharing with the class?" Go Mi Nam asked with a bit sarcasm.

"Well, we had decided to come up with something to divert Reporter Kim from Tae Kyung for the time being," Jeremy explained.

"And that is...?"  Go Mi Nam asked.

"We need to create a scandal," Jeremy answered.

"What?! A Scandal?!" Go Mi Nam shouted. "What kind of scandal?"

"Well, its either me or Shin Woo has to pretend to date a girl and let Reporter Kim see it and write about it," Jeremy replied.

'Seriously?" Go Mi Nam shake his head in disapproval. "Do you really think it would work?"

Jeremy glared at Go Mi Nam, "Unless, you have a better idea," He argued.

"Well no," Go Mi Nam says to Jeremy. "But, what girl would agree to this or be willingly to do this? Also, would she be secretive about Tae Kyung's situation? Do you two even have a girl in mind that you would want to help with this idea?"

"Actually we do," Shin Woo answered.

Go Mi Nam folded his arms and smirked. "Okay, Who is she then? Do we know her?" He asked.

"We all know her and she's also aware and been secretive about Tae Kyung's situation," Shin Woo replied.

"Oh really? And let me guess, we also know...," Go Mi Nam started to say but immediately paused when realization hit to him about who the girl Shin woo was referring to. "her name," He finished his sentence and his eyes widen as he stared at Shin woo. "No way! You're not thinking about asking her, are you?" He asked.

"Yes I am and she had agreed to talk to me after her shift," Shin woo answered.

"But you...," Go Mi Nam started to protest but got interrupted.

"Hyungnim?" He heard Go Mi Nyu spoke all of a sudden.

Everyone turn their attention on her and walked closer to the hospital bed and saw Tae Kyung's hand started to move in Go Mi Nyu's hand.

Go Mi Nam's eyes slightly widen and he looked over at Shin woo and Jeremy to see them have the same expression.

"I'm going to go get the doctor," Jeremy said and ran out of the room.

Shin woo and Go Mi Nam move closer to Tae Kyung and saw his eyes was still closed, but his head was gently moving.

"Tae Kyung?" Shin woo called out to him when he saw Tae Kyung's facial expression grimace.

They watched Tae Kyung slowly open his eyes, squinting from the bright light, and groan in pain.

"Where am I?" He hoarsely asked.

"You are at the hospital," Shin Woo told him.

"Hyungnim?" Go Mi Nyu softly said and saw Tae Kyung's head turn toward her and his eyes met hers. Unable to control her emotion and without thinking, she lunged herself at him and hugged him while carefully avoid hitting the sling bandage arm. "Hyungnim, you're awake!" She cried.

Tae Kyung was surprise and confused from Go Mi Nyu hugging him that he was unable to say anything, Instead, he subconsciously hugged her back.

Shin woo quickly notices something was wrong from Tae Kyung's expression and was about to say something when Doctor Ha-rin came running into the room with Yuri and Jeremy following behind.

Go Mi Nyu let go of Tae Kyung's hand and move out of the way for Ha-rin to check on Tae Kyung. She stood next to Jeremy, who placed a hand on her shoulder to comfort her while they watched Ha-Rin.

"I need everyone to step outside for a moment so I could checked on him," Ha-rin said to everyone in the room.

Everyone nodded and left out the room leaving Ha-rin and Yuri with Tae Kyung.

"I'm doctor Ha-rin, your doctor and this is my nurse, Yuri, " Ha-rin introduced herself and the nurse that was standing beside her. "Do you know how you got here?" She asked.

Tae Kyung turned his head toward Ha-rin and Yuri and slowly shook his head.

"A month ago, you were in involved in a car accident that landed you in a coma for a month," Ha-rin explained. "You had suffered with a broken arm and leg. They are healing which is a good thing, but you may feel stiff and pain on your arm and leg, but don't worry we have something that can take care of that. I hope it's alright that I could ask you a few questions and I would like you to answer the best as you can. If you're unable to answer, don't worry about it, okay?"

Tae Kyung nodded and Ha Rin proceed with the questions.

"Could you tell me your name?"

"Tae...Tae Kung," Tae Kyung answered uncertainly.

"That's good and correct," Ha Rin smiles and continues. "Do you know your full name?"

Tae Kyung thought for a moment and then slowly shook his head.

"What about your birthday?"

"Birthday?" Tae Kyung thought to himself.

The birthday question made him feel uneasy. Something about his birthday made him unsure if he wants to remember it. He shook his head, not wanting to think about it.

"That's okay. Don't pressure yourself to remember," Ha Rin told him and decide to tried a different approach. "Tae Kyung, could you remember anything at all, like someone important in your life?"

Tae Kyung closed his eyes trying to remember when a face of a familiar woman appeared in his mind. He opened his eyes and stared at Ha-Rin and Yuri.

"There is this woman face that kept appearing in my mind but I don't know her name," He told them.

"This woman, was she in the room with you earlier?" Ha Rin asked, taking a guess.

"Maybe," Tae Kyung muttered.

"Is that all you remember?"

"Yes and the rest is all blurry to me".

"That's okay. Do you have any questions you would like to ask me?"

Tae Kyung nodded.

"Go ahead and ask me," Ha Rin said with a smile.

"Um, who were those people earlier that were in my room?" He asked.

 

 

To Be Continued