Chapter Four

Faded Star

Chapter Four


A.N Jell Place

Go Mi Nyu was silently listening to Go Mi Nam explained every thing about what happened to Tae Kyung and everything they had dealt with during one month.

"I'm sorry about not telling you about this over the phone," Go Mi Nam apologized after he finished explaining.

He waited for his sister to take her frustration on him but she didn't. Instead, she grabbed her luggage from Manager Ma and left upstairs without saying anything.

Go Mi Nam was about to followed his sister to see how she was, but Shin woo grabbed his arm, stopping him. He looked over at him confused.

"I think we should leave her alone for awhile," Shin woo simply said as he stared at Go Mi Nyu walking away upstairs.




 

Upstairs

Go Mi Nyu was pulling her luggage to her brother room when she went by Tae Kyung's room and stopped to stared at his door.

Returning here was supposed to be where she reunited with everyone who would be very happy to see her. There would be a party for her return that was either hosted by Jeremy or Manager Ma. Mostly, she would see Tae Kyung welcoming her with a hug and a smile that she really missed and had wanted to see.

Instead, she receive bad news from her brother that Tae Kyung was in a car accident with his mother and she was the last one to know about it.

She understand that her brother and the others lied to protect her and Tae Kyung but it really hurt that she could have been there by Tae Kyung side, waiting for him to wake up, but she wasn't there for a month that he was in a coma.

She hated herself because she didn't pushed her brother and the others for more answers or found it more strange that Tae Kyung left all of suddenly to visited a relative at a place with no cell phone reception without mentioning about it to her. 

She really wish they have told her the truth sooner rather than late. That way her heart wouldn't hurt so much.

Leaving her luggage by her brother's door, Go Mi Nyu walked up to Tae Kyung's door to his room and opened it.

She walked inside the room and saw it was the same as she had remembered it before leaving to Africa.

Looking around the room, she recalled many memories she had in the room that she had been in. She looked over at the desk and saw Tae Kyung was actually sitting there working on his music lyrics. She watched as he looked up at her and smile warmly at her.

"Go Mi Nyu, welcome back," He got up from his seat and say to her.

"Hyungnim!" She smiles and rushed over to the desk to him only to watch him vanished. "It was only my imagination," She muttered disappointedly as she rested her hand on top of the empty chair and stared at the blank papers and pen that was lying on the desk untouched.

She then turned her head to looked over at Tae Kyung's bed and saw an object was resting against the pillows that made her tears up. "Pig rabbit," She muttered and walked away from the desk and over to the bed and stared at the plush toy that Tae Kyung had made for her but had kept with him since she left. She sat on the side of the bed that she remembered watching Tae Kyung had lay asleep.

She picked up the pig rabbit plush toy up and hugged it against her chest. Picturing Tae Kyung sleeping while hugging the pig rabbit plush toy made Go Mi Nyu smile a little bit.

Closing her eyes, she imagined that Tae Kyung was right by her side, hugging her with a smile on his face and saying everything will be okay.










 

A.N Entertainment Building

President Ahn's Office

""President Ahn, can you tell me when Hwang Tae Kyung will return? Reporter Kim questioned. He was seated on the couch across from President Ahn, who was leaning forward in his seat thinking to himself.

"He'll be returning here soon," President Ahn quickly answered in a cheerful tone. "So don't worry about it too much".

"But you have said that before and he still haven't return," Reporter Kim argued, not convinced by President Ahn's response to his question. He was sensing that there was something more to Tae Kyung absent that President Ahn is not saying. "Did something bad happen that delay Tae Kyung from returning?"

President Ahn laughed. "Well, there was a delay but it not something bad. It's family related". He explained and Reporter Kim nodded.

"Okay, but can you approximately tell me when Tae Kyung will return?" Reporter Kim asked.

"Of course!" President Ahn clapped his hands together with a smile on his face. "Next week, he'll return here". He said while mentally hitting himself for lying. "I hope Tae Kyung will wake up soon because I don't know how much longer I can prolonged this," He thought to himself.

"I look forward to see Tae Kyung returning next week," Reporter Kim said with a smile.

"That's great, we looked forward to see you again next week," President Ahn stood up from his seat. "Now if you don't mind I have a meeting to attend to".

Reporter Kim stood up from his seat and bow his head at President Ahn. "Thank you for your time," He said and then leave out the door.

After Reporter Kim left, President Ahn walked over to his desk and sat down in his chair when there was a knock at the door. He sighed and looked over at the door.

"Come in," He said out loud to the person, who was waiting behind the door.

The door open and Coordinator Wang came walking in.

"How did it go?" She asked him.

"It was fine,"  President Ahn answered as he propped his arms up on the desk and clasped his hands together. "So, did Go Mi Nam told his sister about Tae Kyung yet?"

Coordinator Wang nodded. "He did and I don't think she took the news well, so I'm going to go see her". She told him.

"I would come with you but I have to stay for a meeting here". President Ahn said. "Let me know if something comes up or if Tae Kyung wake up. Hopefully, he'll wake up soon because I told reporter Kim that he'll be back here next week.

"Next week?!" Coordinator Wang exclaimed. "Why did you said that?! We don't know for sure if he would wake up from his coma!" She spats.

"I know," President Ahn sighed and put his clasped hands against his forehead. "That would be a problem. That's why I'm praying that he will".

Coordinator Wang put her hands on her hips and sighed while shaking her head in disapproval.

"We need to come up with a plan for next week just in case," She suggested.

President Ahn nodded. "We should," He agreed. "Why don't you talk to the boys about the situation I told you about and see if they have any ideas or plans to deal with this," He suggested.

"Okay, I will talk to them and will let you know if they have any ideas or plans," Coordinator Wang replied and then left out of President Ahn's office.













 

A.N Jell Place

Tae Kyung's Room

 

"Mi Nyu? Mi Nyu?" a voice called out and gently shake her shoulder.

Go Mi Nyu tiredly opened her eyes and realizes that she must have falling asleep on Tae Kyung's bed. She immediately sat up in bed and saw Jeremy standing beside her, next to Tae Kyung's bed.

"Jeremy?" She looked at him and then down at her hands that was still holding the pig rabbit plush toy. She put the plush toy back on the bed and stood up, rubbing her eyes with her hands.

"Sorry for waking you up but I wanted to see how you were and asked if you would like to have dinner with everyone downstairs," Jeremy said to her.

"Dinner?" Go Mi Nyu muttered and stopped rubbing her eyes and checked the time on her cell phone. It was 5 pm. How long was she asleep? Realizing that Jeremy was waiting for her answers, she softly said. "Okay".

Then she proceed to walked toward the door when Jeremy called out to her.

"Mi Nyu?"

She turned around and looked at him. "Yes?"

"Are you alright?" He asked.

"I'm okay. I just needed to be alone to sort everything out". Go Mi Nyu told him.

The worried expression that Jeremy had on his face faded after he heard that she was alright. He smile and walked up to her, placing a hand on her shoulder. "Why don't you change into a comfortable clothes and meet me and the others downstairs," He said.

Go Mi Nyu nodded, "Okay," She agreed and watched Jeremy left out of the room,  leaving the door partially opened.

Taking one last glance around Tae Kyung's room, Go Mi Nyu walked over the partially open door and left, closing the door shut behind her.

 

Downstairs

In the Kitchen

 

Everyone was seated in their seat at the kitchen counter eating their food on their plates silently.

"The food is delicious," Go Mi Nyu commented with a smile that everyone knew she was trying to cheer everyone up and to break the uncomfortable silence.

"It sure is!" Manager Ma exclaimed in agreement and continue to eat his food.

"Shin woo and I made the food," Jeremy beamed. "We're glad you enjoy it".

"Hey!" Go Mi Nam glared and shouted at Jeremy. "I help too".

Jeremy glared at Go Mi Nam. "All you did was buy the groceries for us to cook the food". He argued.

Go Mi Nam was about to protest but Manger Ma placed a hand on his shoulder, stopping him.

Worried that it might escalate into a fight, Shin woo interfere. "Well, everyone did help to prepare you this delicious dinner," He said to Go Mi Nyu with a smile.

Go Mi Nyu smiled, "Oppa, Shin Woo, and Jeremy, Thank you for the delicious food". She said to them.

All three of them smile at Go Mi Nyu before they resume back to eating their food.

After dinner, Go Mi Nyu was cleaning the dishes while Go Mi Nam and Shin Woo clean the kitchen table. Jeremy had offered to do the dishes but Go Mi Nyu said that she wanted to help so Jeremy and the others reluctantly agreed.

Manager Ma walked over to Jeremy and whispered. "So, how was she when you went upstairs to get her?"

"She was asleep in Hyung's room when I went to get her," Jeremy replied.

"Tae Kyung's room?" Manager Ma asked in surprised and Jeremy nodded.

"I ask her if she was okay and she told me that she is," Jeremy told him.

"She probably said that she's okay because she don't want us to worried," Shin Woo appeared next to Jeremy and said.

"I think so too," Jeremy agreed while Manager Ma nodded.

Go Mi Nam walked to his sister, who has just finished cleaning the dishes. 

Go Mi Nyu wiped her hand with the napkin she had in her pocket and then turned to looked at her brother and then at the others.

"I would like to go visit him if that's alright with everyone," Go Mi Nyu said.

"Right now?" Manager Ma asked and Go Mi Nyu nodded.

Everyone can tell from Go Mi Nyu's expression that she really wanted to go. So they agreed with no hesitation that she should go see Tae Kyung.

"I'll drive you," Go Mi Nam offered and Go Mi Nyu thankfully nodded.

"Here," Shin woo tossed his keys to Go Mi Nam, who caught it with his hand and looked over at him. "Take my car".

"Thanks," Go Mi Nam said before he left out the door with his sister.

The ride to the hospital was quiet for Go Mi Nam and Go Mi Nyu. Neither of them said a word to each other.

Go Mi Nam glances over at his sister and notices that she was fidgeting her hands that were holding her bag.

He knew his sister was worried for Tae Kyung and was trying to control her emotion that she was feeling. So he didn't bother his sister and left her alone with her thoughts.

"Why Tae Kyung?" Go Mi Nyu thought. "Why can't good thing happen for him. He doesn't deserve what has happen to him. She closed her eyes. putting her hands together, clasping it , and pray. "Mother superior, please let Tae Kyung be alright and wake up soon".

Go Mi Nyu opened her eyes and kept saying over and over in her mind that Tae Kyung is going to be fine and will wake up soon. She has to stay positive, pushing the negative thoughts out of her mind.

Lowering her hands down, resting on her lap, she looked out the window and then at her brother.

"There is something I would like to ask you," She starts the conversation and Go Mi Nam glanced over at her.

"Go head and ask me," He agreed without no problem since talking can distract their minds from thinking about Tae Kyung.

"So, when I was gone. Did you and hyungnim get along with each other?" Go Mi Nyu asked him.

"No," Go Mi Nam simply answered. "To be honest with you, sis. I didn't like him dating you and he was a mean jerk. We get on each other nerve during rehearsal," He added.

"Oppa!" Go Mi Nyu scolded her brother. "Why can't you be nice to hyungnim for once?"

"Because that's not who I am," Go Mi Nam answered with sarcasm.

Go Mi Nyu pouted. "Oppa, you're such a liar. You are really nice".

"Only to you sis and no one else," Go Mi Nam pointed out. "Beside, I have to be strong and can't show sign of weakness to anyone".

"Being nice is not weakness," Go Mi Nyu argued.

"True," Go Mi Nam agreed. "But if I'm too nice to Tae Kyung, people might start assuming that I'm gay and in love with him".

"Oppa!" Go Mi Nyu laughed and playfully slapped her brother's arm.

"I'm glad to see you laughing and smiling sis," Go Mi Nam said with a smile. "I was worried that you were upset with me". He added and Go Mi Nyu shook her head as she calmed down from laughing

"Oppa, I'm not upset at you or anyone else. It just that it was a lot to take in and I just needed to be alone to think and to clear my mind. That's all," She explained to her brother.

"I understand," Go Mi Nam said as he stared back at the road to see where they are. It won't be long before they reached to their destination.

"Did you said that just to cheer me up?" Go Mi Nyu asked a minute later.

Knowing that his sister was preferring about him saying that if he were too nice to Tae Kyung people might assume he's gay, Go Mi Nam frowned in annoyance and replied. "Maybe". He looked over at his sister. "But...," He started and Go Mi Nyu looked at him. "even if me and him didn't get along, I accepted you two relationship".

"You mean me and hyungnim dating?" Go Mi Nyu asked.

"I only accept it if he make you happy and doesn't make you cry," Go Mi Nam looked over at his sister with a serious look. "If he does make you cry or break your heart, I will make sure he'll suffer for it". He stated and looked at the road.

Go Mi Nyu stared out the car's window and saw that they were pulling up to the hospital. The desperation to get to the hospital to see Tae Kyung has faded from her mind but was replaced with dread, and scared to enter the hospital because of fearing what she might found out about Tae Kyung condition.

"Sis? We're here," She heard her brother said and turned to looked at him.

Go Mi Nam saw the dread and scared look on his sister's face. He placed his hand on her shoulder to comfort her. "It's going to be okay". He told her before he got out of the car.

He walked over to the passenger side door and opened it.

Go Mi Nyu stepped out from the car and stared at the hospital entrance.

"Sis, are you ready to go in?" She heard her brother asked and turned her head to looked at him.

"Yes, I'm ready," She told him and let him guide her into the hospital to see Tae Kyung.

























 

Go Mi Nam and Go Mi Nyu arrived to Tae Kyung's hospital room. Go Mi Nam opened the door to the room and paused at the sight in front of him. There was someone in the room visiting Tae Kyung.

Go Mi Nyu was confused to why her brother didn't go in and was staring ahead at something or someone. She looked passed him and ahead at what he was staring at and saw a woman sitting in a chair beside Tae Kyung's hospital bed.

As if she had sense someone was watching her, the woman turned her head around to face the twins.

Immediately, Go Mi Nyu and Go Mi Nam recognizes the woman to be Tae Kyung's mother, Mo Hwa Ran.

There were tears in Mo Hwa Ran eyes as she turned to looked at them but quickly wipe them away with her hands and stood up from her seat.

Go Mi Nyu felt sympathy as she stared into the devastated face of Mo Hwa Ran. It look like she didn't have much sleep at all and had been by Tae Kyung side all day.

She slowly took a step toward Tae Kyung's mother, "Mo Hwa Ran...," She began.

"Hello Go Mi Nyu, I'm glad to see you return here," Mo Hwa Ran said as she remain where she was. She looked over at her son. "I'm sure Tae Kyung would be happy to know you're here to see him". She brushed her hand through Tae Kyung's hair carefully while avoid touching the bandage on his forehead. "I should get going now. I'll leave you two alone with him". She removed her hand away from Tae Kyung's head and walked passed Go Mi Nam and Go Mi Nyu toward the door when Go Mi Nyu turned to looked at her.

"Have you spoken with the doctor about Tae Kyung condition?" Go Mi Nyu asked.

Mo Hwa Ran turned to looked at Go Mi Nyu, "Yes, I bumped into her earlier outside. She told me that his injuries are healing which is good, but as for him waking up, all we can do is wait".

Go Mi Nyu walked over to Tae Kyung's hospital bed and involuntary took a step back when she saw the state he was in. His face was pale, bandage on his forehead, sling bandage on one of his arm, and a cast on one of his leg.

"What you see now is better than a month ago when I brought him to the hospital. During that time, he was in worst shape," Go Mi Nam told her.

Go Mi Nyu silently nodded and sat down in the chair that Mo Hwa Ran had sat down earlier. She looked at Tae Kyung's face, longing to see his eyes staring back at her, but his eyes was still closed.

Mo Hwa Ran looked at Go Mi Nyu for a minute before turning her attention on Go Mi Nam.

"Go Mi Nam," She begin to say and Go Mi Nam looked at her. "Even though we are not on very good terms, I never gotten a chance to thank you for saving my son. If it wasn't for you bringing him to the hospital in time, I don't think he would have make it".

Go Mi Nam glanced over at his sister sitting beside Tae Kyung's bedside, "I'm just glad I could help," He said modestly as he looked back at Mo Hwa Ran. "Beside, I'm sure he would have done the same thing if I were in that situation".

"Still, you have save the important person in my life that I truly cared for and had regret hurting," Mo Hwa Ran wipes the tears in her eyes that was about to fall down her cheeks. "Thank you very much". She said and walked out the door without glancing back.

Go Mi Nam watched Mo Hwa Ran walked out the door while thinking to himself.  Although, he was not on good terms with her, and has not forgive her for causing the misunderstanding between his parents that left him and his sister an orphan, along with the lies that nearly shattered Tae Kyung and his sister relationship, they would only talked about Tae Kyung's condition and nothing more.

He walked over to his sister and placed a hand on her shoulder, comforting her. "Why don't you tried talking to him? The doctor said that he can hear you and it might help him wake up," He suggested.

Go Mi Nyu looked over and up at her brother, "You really think so?" She asked him.

"I believe it would actually help," He quickly answered with confident in his voice.

"Oppa, Did you tried talking to him?" She asked him.

"Yes I did tried talking to him, which is something I'm not happy to say," He admitted and then quickly change the subject before his sister questioned further about what he talked to Tae Kyung about. "I'm going to go get us some coffee to drink since we're going to stay for the night," He said and then grabbed his cell phone out from his pocket. "While I'm getting coffee for us, I'm going to called Jeremy and Shin woo and let them know that we're not going to come home".

Go Mi Nyu nodded, "Okay". She replied and then turned away from her brother and looked at Tae Kyung's face. "I wonder what oppa say to you?" She questioned silently to herself.

Go Mi Nam hugged his sister and then left out the door, leaving Go Mi Nyu alone with Tae Kyung.

Go Mi Nyu reached for Tae Kyung's hand that wasn't in the sling bandage and held it in her hand. Her eyes gazed the features on Tae Kyung's face. He seemed so tense all the time that it was almost reassuring to see his peaceful expression. As she got to know him, she understood he build the wall around him, not showing anyone the real him was to protect to himself from being hurt and weak.

Carefully, she gently put Tae Kyung's hand down on the bed and leaned over to get a better look at Tae Kyung. She lifted her hand up and toward Tae Kyung's face to touched his cheek, but stopped midway hesitating if she should do it.

She was thinking about retracting her hand back, but she ended up placing her hand on Tae Kyung's cheek, rubbing it with her thumb. She felt guilty about touching his face since she knew that he would never let her get this close to him if he was awake.

"Hyungnim," She whispered to him. "I don't know if you can hear me, but I'm sorry I wasn't here for you for a month," Her voice broke as she spoke softly in his ear as she removed her hand from his face and went back to holding his hand. "I'm here now and I need you to know that everyone is worried about you and would like to see you wake up. They need you to come back," She closed her eyes, tears rolling down her cheeks as she barely breathed her next words. "And I need you. Please come back to me". She placed Tae Kyung's hand to her cheek.

Her cell phone suddenly vibrated in her pocket, startling her. She gently put Tae Kyung's hand down on the bed and went to checked her cell phone to see a text message from Manager Ma, telling her to give him a call.

She looked up from her phone and over at Tae Kyung. "I'm sorry, but I need to make a quick phone call to Manager Ma," She whispered to him and turned away from Tae Kyung in her chair,

She quickly opened her contact list on her phone, pushing Manager Ma's number, and placed the phone to her ear.

"Hello," She whispered into her phone when she heard Manager Ma picked up. "You wanted me to call you".

"Mi Nyu, Coordinator Wang want to speak with you," She heard him say before he gave the phone to Coordinator Wang

"Mi Nyu, how are you? Are you alright?" Coordinator Wang's voice asked.

"I'm okay," Go Mi Nyu replied in a whispered. "I'm with Tae Kyung right now".

"Is he awake yet?" Coordinator Wang's voice asked the second question.

Go Mi Nyu sighed,  "No, he's not," She replied with disappointment in her voice. "I'm really worried and afraid that...," She started to say but Coordinator Wang's voice cut her off.

"Don't worry, I'm sure he'll wake up," Coordinator Wang's voice comforted her. "Call me if there's anything".

"Okay," Go Mi Nyu said softly and then hung up. She then resumed back to watching Tae Kyung's face while silently praying.





 

 

 

An hour later,  a female nurse entered Tae Kyung room and saw a woman sitting beside Tae Kyung's hospital. She stopped walking and kept her distance, wondering if she should say something or just leave.

She has never seen this woman here before and how come this woman figure remind her of Go Mi Nam.

Maybe she should leave and come back later to check on Tae Kyung and change the medical IV bag. The female nurse turned around to leave out the door when she nearly collide into Go Mi Nam, who came walking into the room, holding two cup of coffee his hand.

"Whoa!" Go Mi Nam moved the cups of coffee away from the female nurse path as she bumped into his chest. "Aria?" He said, recognizing the female nurse that bumped into him.

"Go Mi Nam," Aria looked at him, also recognizing him too. "I'm sorry," She immediately apologized.

"It okay," Go Mi Nam said to her as he walked over to the table beside Tae Kyung's bed, next to his sister. "Why are you here and where's Yuri?" he asked her.

"Yuri had called in sick today so I have to take over her shift for tonight," Aria replied.

"What's going on?" Go Mi Nyu who heard the commotion turned around in her chair to looked and asked. She stood up from her seat when she saw her brother entered into the room with a female nurse.

"Sis, this is Aria. She's the supervisor for the other nurses." Go Mi Nam introduced his sister to Aria. He placed the coffee and food down on the table stand that was next to Tae Kyung's hospital bed. "Yuri was the nurse that was assigned to take care of Tae Kyung but she had called in sick today and couldn't be here so Aria is taking over for her until she return".

"Is Yuri alright?" Go Mi Nyu asked in concern.

"I did called her earlier to check and she's fine resting. After I'm done with this shift, I'm going to stop by her place to check on her," Aria told her.

Go Mi Nyu walked over to Aria and extended her hand out. "I'm Go Mi Nyu," She introduced herself. "Thank you so much for your help".

"I'm Aria. It's no problem, I'm just doing my job and you must be his wife. It really nice to finally meet you," Aria smile and shook hands with Go Mi Nyu. "You're a very lucky woman to be with him," She said as she looked over at Tae Kyung. "He's lucky to have you here for him".

"What? What do you mean?" Go Mi Nyu asked in confused to what Aria meant.  

"You're Tae Kyung's wife," Aria said more specifically. "You are his wife, right?"

"Tae Kyung's wife?!" Go Mi Nyu's eyes widen slightly as she looked passed Aria at her brother, who gave her the "I'll explain later" look. She gave him a glare that say "You owe me an explanation later," and then looked back at Aria with a smile on her face.

She nodded and replied. "Yes I am".

Aria smiled and then walked over to Tae Kyung's hospital bed side to change the medical IV bag and to check on Tae Kyung's vital signs which are good. She recorded it down on the clipboard in her hands and then walked over to Go Mi Nyu and Go Mi Nam.

"I'm done here so I'll be leaving now," She told them

"Thank you, Aria," Go Mi Nyu and Go  Mi Nam said at the same time.

"Your welcome," Aria replied with a smile and then left the room.

Go Mi Nyu went back over to the chair beside Tae Kyung's hospital bed and sat down in it, holding Tae Kyung's hand. Go Mi Nam pulled up a chair next to his sister and sat down in it. Go Mi Nyu turned and look at her brother.

"About Yuri, what is she like?" She asked.

"She's a nice insecure person, who doesn't talk a lot. She would answers question that are relevant to her job and nothing else," Go Mi Nam answered.

"Does she know about everything?"

Go Mi Nam nodded. "Yes and she has been secretive about it, She doesn't interact with anyone outside her work except for Aria, who is her friend".

"What about her family?" Go Mi Nyu also asked and notices her brother expression change from normal to sad.

"From what I know from Aria, Yuri is an orphan and had lived in the orphanage. That's all I know since Aria didn't go into more detail about Yuri's life," Go Mi Nam told his sister, who felt sympathy for Yuri.

"Let's not talking about Yuri and talk about something else," He said, changing the subject that was making his sister sad. "I do owe you an explanation".

Remembering what the explanation that her brother owe her, Go Mi Nyu looked at her brother and glared at him. "You owe me an explanation. Why did you tell Aria that I'm Tae Kyung's wife?! If he wakes up and find out what you did, he will be mad at you for sure," She scolded him.

Go Mi Nam put his hands in surrender. "Just let me explain to you why," He said.

"I'm listening," Go Mi Nyu agreed and listened to her brother explanation. Then for the rest of the night, the twins sat quietly and watched Tae Kyung, hoping that he would wake up.





6 AM

Due to exhaustion, Go Mi Nam and Go Mi Nyu had fallen asleep. Go Mi Nyu was sleeping with her head resting on the hospital bed while still holding Tae Kyung's hand in her hand. Go Mi Nam was asleep slouching over in his chair.

Tae Kyung's hand that was in Go Mi Nyu's hand suddenly started to move and twitch.

 

To Be Continued