Chapter 1

Our Fate

Yoon Jeonghan is the epitome of hardworking, kind, smart, and loving. The fact that he lost his parents 10 years ago in an accident and leave him alone to live in this cruel world doesn’t make him weak instead he becomes more strong and hard working. He thinks that now he is alone in this world, he will not have anyone else to help and support him if he falls down. He solely depends on himself and never allows himself to depend on anyone else. Even though, his friends are always asking him to depend on themselves a little bit if he is in trouble but he always brushes them off.

“Hyung are you working late again tonight?” Mingyu asks him. They just finished their classes for today so they are going back to their apartment right now. Jeonghan looks at him while eating his kimbap,

“Ah, I am. Anyway, later please wakes Myungho up. He asked me to wake him up tonight because he needs to complete his Physics assignment. But I forget that tonight is my shift.” Jeonghan nags at Mingyu. MIngyu pouts while getting inside their apartment. There are 7 tenants inside this apartment, Mingyu, Joshua, Seungkwan, Vernon, Hoshi, and Myungho. Jeonghan is the oldest among all of them, so he plays the role of parents for them. The kids are quite clingy to him and sometimes they fully depend on him. He doesn’t mind it because he feels content while babying them as they are the ones who fill happiness into his lonely and gloomy life.

“ Seungkwan-ah!!! Why are your damp clothes inside the washing machine instead of on the laundry hanger!!!!” Jeonghan shouts when he sees the damp clothes inside the washing machine. He knows that it is Seungkwan’s because of his favorite blue pajama pants.

He heard thunder steps running toward him while putting out the clothes into the clothes pile.

“Oh Hyung, mianhae. I lost track of time while playing a game with Vernon. That’s why I forget about the laundry.” Seungkwan says apologetically while picking up the pile. Behind him, Vernon follows up and helps him to pick the pile. Jeonghan smiles at both of them.

“Alright baby but don’t do that again, okay. Your clothes will have a bad smell if you leave if for a long time inside the washing machine. You need to immediately hang them up after the machines finish washing, okay?” he says softly at both of them. Seungkwan nods eagerly while Vernon just shrugs. He looks at them fondly then turns back to the kitchen. He is going to make them dinner before he found out about the laundry. When he enters the kitchen, Mingyu is there and he is already preparing to cook their dinner.

“Oh Jeonghan hyung, can you help me to chop that chicken to cube bites? I want to use it to make the sweet-sour chicken for dinner.” Mingyu immediately asks him while he is busy chopping the vegetables. Jeonghan goes straight to do what he wants because Mingyu is better at cook than him and usually both of them are assigned to cook meals in this house. If you are wondering why the others are not allowed cooking, just let say the experience had taught them to never let them inside the kitchen. The last time they were allowed in the kitchen, they almost burnt down their apartment.

While they are at the last stage of preparing the food, their front door opens up and by the loud and excited voices, it might be Hoshi, Dokyeom, and maybe Joshua. If Hoshi and Dokyeom together, both of them can turn the quiet house into chaos. Jeonghan left Mingyu to complete the remaining tasks then walks to greet them

“Oh, Woozi is here too.” Jeonghan greets the cute and small man that is together with the other three people. Woozi is Hoshi’s boyfriend while Dokyeom is Joshua’s boyfriend. Both of them frequently visit their apartment to meet their boyfriends so from there Jeonghan knows them.

“Oh Hyung, how come you just greet Woozi-hyung while I am here also?” Dokyeom sulkily says to him. Jeonghan laughs then ruffles his hair

“There…there… Whose baby are you Dokyeom-ah?” Jeonghan cutely asks him. Dokyeom beams and snuggles with Jeonghan

“Jeonghan-hyung baby……”

 

Joshua sighs and moves to separate them “Alright bish that’s enough of you clingy and flirting with my boyfriend. Dokyeom let’s go and freshen up then we can go eat dinner. Dinner is ready right, Jeonghan?”

Jeonghan scowls at him “Yeah young master, the dinner is ready.” Joshua just laughs at the sarcasm and pulls his boyfriend into their room.

“Please don’t do anything inappropriate Joshua-yah because I am hungry right now and I have my shift in another two hours. And Dokyeom needs to rest after a hectic day in office.” Jeonghan shouts at the couple. Joshua just replies yes while Dokyeom says his love to Jeonghan. He heard a smacking sound, maybe Joshua just slaps Dokyeom out of jealousy. Jeonghan just laughs.

“You’re still working late at night, hyung?” Woozi asks after walks out of Hoshi’ room. Jeonghan looks at him and sees that his work attire has been changed to casual clothes (as means Hoshi’s clothes).

“Ohh Woozi ya you look so cute in that large hoodie. Aigoo my baby Wooji…” Jeonghan coos at him when he sees that he is in the hoodie that Hoshi bought two days ago for him. He knows about this because Hoshi can’t keep shut up saying his fantasy of seeing his boyfriend wearing this hoodie. How he will be so cute and looks too cuddly.

Meanwhile, Woozi is blushing when Jeonghan babying him “Aish Hyung stop it. I am not a baby, I am an adult plus I am the COO in the biggest company in this country.” Woozi whines when Jeonghan hugs him tightly. Woozy is indeed the COO of the biggest and richest company in the country. Working as COO in Choi Enterprise makes him received a lot of stress even though he is younger than Jeonghan. Growing in rich families, he and Dokyeom have received early education at an early age making them suitable and ready to work in their own family’s company. But at the cost of their restricted childhood and adulthood. But it’s luckily that their family is open-minded and received the fact that their sons fall in love with other men.

“Ohhh hyung… are you trying to steal my Wooji from me. And he’s blushing when you said that he is cute while I will get a slap if I did that.” Hoshi whines while trying to hug his irritated boyfriend.

“Argh! Stop hugging me. It’s hot.” Woozi says while pushing his boyfriend away from him. Hoshi is whining and Jeonghan just laughs then moves to hug both of them in his arms.

“Alright, you too. Stop fighting and let’s go eat. I am starving right now.” He pulls both of them to the kitchen and there Mingyu is putting the Kimchi Jigae on the table.

“Hyung, please calls the kids. We need to have dinner right now so that you will have time to rest before your shift.” Mingyu says to him.

                 Jeonghan smiles and nods then walks to the living room then shouts loudly

“Alright, you brats!!! Get out for dinner right now!! I am hungry!!! Five minutes!!!” then he walks back to the kitchen. The other three in the kitchen look at him with a shocked face “Hyung you’re scary.” Hoshi whimpers.

Jeonghan just smiles and takes a seat, getting ready to eat. After 5 minutes, all of the kids come out to eat. The kitchen suddenly feels so stuffed, but luckily their table is enough for everyone.  Their dinner is filled with chats, laughs, and almost starts with a food fight (read: the troublemakers Hoshi and DK). After finishing his food, Jeonghan excuses himself first to his room to get a rest before his shift "Mingyu leave some to Minghao for later and please wakes him up. Can you please remind MIngyu later Seungkwan?" He says to Seungkwan. Seungkwan nods and promises to remind him again later.

 

                 He is getting ready when someone knocks on his door “Yes, come in.” Woozi opens the door

“Are you getting ready, hyung?” Woozi asks him. Jeonghan turns to smile at him “Ne but it’s okay, I still can talk with you. Did you have something in your mind that you want to talk to me?” Jeonghan says. Woozy nods and fiddles with his hands and Jeonghan notices his nervous habit of him. Jeonghan puts down his hairdryer and turns to look at Woozi that is sitting on his bed.

                “Why are you being nervous? Is there something important that you want to talk to me?”

                “Actually hyung, I have a job offer for you. But I am not sure if you want it and I am not meaning to meddle with your life or anything. It is just that I am worried about seeing you working late at night and walks home alone after your shift. Besides your sleep schedule also messed up and Hoshi is also worried about you. He keeps asking me to help you so that’s why I do this. I am sorry if you….” He starts to ramble but stops it when Jeonghan ruffles his hair.

                “You are rambling Woozi-ah and you are yet to tell me what is the job. Plus, I am not going to get angry at you because I know that this will happen. The kids keep bothering me about these for these few weeks.” Jeonghan says softly. Woozi smiles

                “Yeah actually, my friend is looking for a babysitter for his son. His wife was dead 7 years ago when gave birth to their son. He is the CEO so he doesn’t have time to look out for his child and his child is quite mischief you know. A lot of baby sitter quit their job after they took care of him after a few days.” Woozi explains.

                “Wait… CEO, you didn’t mean the CEO of the Choi Enterprise right? What do you mean he is your friend? Why I don’t know about this? And I kept confessing and thirsting over him all this time in front of you.” Jeonghan shrieks and Woozi just smirks

                “That’s right hyung. The Choi Seungcheol, your handsome and manly Choi Seungcheol.” Woozi teases him. Jeonghan shouts and covers his face with his pillow.

                Woozy just laughs looking at the flustered and shy Jeonghan “Aww hyung, it’s okay. I can understand why you are thirsting for my friend. He is not called the Hot Daddy CEO without a reason.”

                “Yah!!!” Jeonghan shouts then smacks him with the pillow. Woozy laughs

“Anyway back to the matters hyung. Do you agree? And you don’t have to worry about the salary. Your monthly salary will be 100k won plus with the other allowance and also a designated driver because Seungcheol is quite strict about time management and safety so that’s why he assigned a driver to pick up the baby sitter every day sharp at the same time.”

Jeonghan gasps at that “100k Won?! That’s almost three months of my current salary.” Jeonghan says. Then, he thinks for a while and Woozi just waits for his answer.

“Alright, I agreed but what if I have classes on that day. It is okay if it is an online class…” Jeonghan asks hesitantly.

Woozi immediately says “Ohh don’t worry, I explained to Cheol hyung about that. He said it’s okay when you have classes, you can go to the classes then comes back to work.”

                “Okay then deal!” Jeonghan says happily.

Woozi beams and hugs him “Thank you hyung. Anyway, you will start tomorrow okay. So today, why don’t you resign from your convenience store then tomorrow I will take you there.” Woozi says happily.

Jeonghan just nods “Alright then I will go first, okay.”

“Oh yea that’s right Hyung. Then, see you tomorrow Hyung.”

Jeonghan smiles at him and ready for his night part-time work at the convenience store.