Chapter 2

EXILE

Jackson was in lunch with one of their business partners when his phone rang. He pardoned himself respectfully and addressed the call. “For what reason would you say you aren't home on a Sunday? Where are you?” came Jinyoung's voice. “I am eating with a colleague, I'm nearly done Nyoungie, be home, I will be there without further ado” answered Jackson with that the call ended.

 

After the lunch Jackson begun his drive back home. It was a sudden meeting with Wang Holdings' colleague; he kept his Sunday's free from any work. Jinyoung and he had an early lunch together at his place on Sundays as Jinyoung rested at Jackson's home after his ual tirades.

At whatever point Jinyoung needed to get laid, he carried his flavour of the night to Jackson's home rather than his own penthouse for privacy issues. Jackson's home remained on a colossal 5-acre of land, the manor confined and with security high. Jinyoung couldn't accept anybody to his penthouse as it stressed him over being caught by the media and his family.

 

He could have effortlessly managed a house, yet his family was against it and he needed to make do with a penthouse. It was the same with all his maternal cousins; they couldn't parade their wealth or be media-accommodating and do anything which causes unwanted attention to IPC group.

Jackson's thoughts moved from Jinyoung to the IPC group. Media named the IPC group as Asia's Rothschild family, they were proprietors of the biggest private fortune on the planet. They spread their business domain across Asia, Europe, Africa, and Southern America. They had noteworthy interests in significant organizations in the USA, Canada, New Zealand, and Australia.

 

IPC Group is in multiple energy-related sectors such as oil, coal, steam, and electricity. It is the largest publicly traded oil and gas enterprise in the world by market value. They are in exploration, production, refining, marketing, distribution of power, petrochemicals, and trading. They invested heavily in renewable energy fields like wind and biofuels.

The IPC group had branched into different sectors such as Automobile manufacturing, Banking, Media, Healthcare, Pharma. They were the Retail goliaths in the entire of Asia and pioneers in Global innovation and research in Biomedicine and innovation. Their colossal business empire would take some genuine examination.

The astonishing truth is, the largest stakeholder of the IPC group, i.e. the IM's, Park's, Choi's are missing from the Forbes rundown of most extravagant individuals on the planet. The older folks of the IPC family were rigid about their protection and show of wealth. There were strict rules of conduct for their kids and grandkids.  They rarely see the heads of IPC in the media except for the occasions of the IPC group’s annual general meetings and times when the media secured their humanitarian exercises. The younger generation i.e. Jaebeom, Jinyoung, Youngjae, and Yeojin are avoided media spotlight.

 

Jackson comprehended that it was troublesome being a part of IPC family. He could sympathize with Jinyoung, Jaebeom, and Youngjae. Jackson's family was not all that severe with rules. They let him do what he needs, mostly. His family business at Wang Holdings’ was among the wealthiest companies in the world. Wang Holdings had commanded areas of Banking, Financial Services, Manufacturing, Agriculture, Fishing, Insurance, and Real Estate in the entire of China and Southeast Asia.

Wang Holdings’ may not be as vast as IPC conglomerate,, yet in terms of individual shares, Jackson would acquire from Wang Holdings nearly equivalent to Jinyoung's inheritance from the IPC group. Jinyoung will be the single largest shareholder of the IPC group for the merged investments of his paternal and maternal side of the family. It is anything but an embellishment to state it would tie Jackson and Jinyoung for the spot of the most extravagant man in Asia with Jaebeom, Youngjae being in the main 10.

For strangers, they may seem like a bunch of stuck-up billionaire heirs who had everything laid on a platter for them and someone who don't associate out of their social standing, yet for Jackson and his dearest friends, it was them growing up together in a boarding school in England away from families having other's backs. They acknowledged the privileged upbringing, but they had to put in their hours of hard work and sleepless nights to be where they are.

They din’t have to worry about issues like tuition fee or the next meal, however they were always under high pressure on how well they succeed. They were like any other kids growing up. They had strict rules, and the families commanded discipline and best behaviour at all times. They had their heartbreaks and disappointments; the difference was they could cry in an exceptionally comfortable bed.

 

Jackson met Jaebeom and Jinyoung at Eton College in Windsor, the United Kingdom, when they were 13. It was an elite all-boys school. Youngjae had joined them 2 years later, and Jinyoung’s paternal cousin Bambam joined Eton College the year after Youngjae.

 

When Jinyoung met Jackson at Eton, he had no misgivings in demonstrating he didn't care for Jackson. Jaebeom was friends with Jackson even before Jinyoung began enduring Jackson's presence. Jackson put in an impressive deal of effort to gain Jinyoung's trust and companionship. The rest is history, Jackson and Jinyoung are besties from that point onward and they are indivisible.

Jinyoung and Jackson picked Business Analytics in under grad and attended MIT, they graduated from Colombia university with masters in Economics followed by a PhD in Business Economics from Harvard university. In case of Jaebeom he has opted for Chemical engineering for bachelors from MIT followed with a MSc and PhD in the same field from MIT.

The ringing of his phone interrupted Jackson's thoughts. "I'm at the entryway will be home in a jiffy," he answered Jinyoung and disconnected the call. He left his vehicle in the carport and strolled to the lounge where he saw Jinyoung gazing at the couch in the living room.

 

“I called the cleaning services they will be here in 60 minutes,” Jinyoung expressed without glancing at Jackson.

 

“Did you eat?” Jackson enquired.

 

“I was hoping to have brunch with you,” Jinyoung gave a passive look and began strolling towards the kitchen.

“Give me a couple of minutes I will cook something for you,” Jackson expressed while taking off his coat and rolling his sleeves.

 

Jinyoung made himself comfortable on the seat at the kitchen island and watched as Jackson looked for ingredients to prepare lunch for Jinyoung.

 

“I’m making baked scallops and black bean, cucumber, feta salad,” Jackson expressed while setting up the fixings, to which he met with quietness from Jinyoung who appeared lost in thought.

 

“Jinyoung on the off chance that you are thinking about the previous evening, I would suggest you stop it. I see you didn't mean any of it and I'm not angry with you.” Jackson  stated while looking at Jinyoung delicately.

 

“I'm upset for being terrible to you. When I'm back to Korea you won't be with me and that would be a first in quite a while I have known you,”. Jinyoung murmured as his look was on the kitchen island, not meeting Jackson's eyes.

 

Jackson paused the meal preparation and strolled to Jinyoung. He turned the seat, so that Jinyoung is facing him, “China isn't excessively far from Korea. I can visit at whatever point you need me to be there for you.” Jackson said as he patted the rear of Jinyoung's hands.

“It won't be the same Jackie, you will be much busier once you start working in Wang holdings and I don't figure I can see you day by day and have Sundays just for ourselves.” Jinyoung sighed with sadness in his eyes.

Jackson realized what Jinyoung said was valid. They spent over a decade together and it is weird not to see each other daily; he wondered if Jinyoung’s erratic behaviour for the past months was owing to the aspect returning to Korea and from the thought of missing their time together.

Jinyoung was somebody who never imparted how he felt, notwithstanding, he opened up to Jackson after a bit of persuasion. They had 6 more weeks at Harvard and they will be back to their respective home countries.

“Nyoungie, don’t fret over things you don’t have control on. We both have duties to perform and responsibilities to take care. I may not be there with you, but I will always be there for you, no matter where we are, we will always be under the same sky,” Jackson promised as he gave a soft peck on Jinyoung’s forehead.

“I will miss you like an idiot misses the point, and why are you so dramatic,” Jinyoung teased.

It is Monday and Jaebeom had a class to join in, Youngjae was on a 12-hour shift in the critical care unit and Jinyoung was in the departments's library gazing at his laptop with a defenseless demeanour all over. He required help with his thesis statement and he called Jackson.

“Jacks, come to the library now,” Jinyoung murmured into the telephone.

“If this is regarding your thesis, I'm occupied,” Jackson expressed apathetic.

“I'm in the library, don't make me shout at you,” Jinyoung murmured with his teeth held.

“Go for whatever you might prefer, I'm not helping you with it,” Jackson expressed with an unbiased tone.

“Are you ing kidding me, what about the promise you made yesterday? You promised that you will be there for me and I need you now.” Jinyoung hollered into the telephone.

“Try not to be Juvenile Jinyoung, I have warned you on the deadline for thesis submission a multiple times. You have requested an extension twice, despite everything you din't work on it. We wouldn't have this conversation if you weren't acting like a swinger,” answered Jackson.

“Are you aware that on the off chance that I miss this deadline for submission, I won't have the option to receive my doctorate this year?” Jinyoung whined.

“All right fine, I will assist you with it, yet you prepare the statement and I will just alter to make it fresh, I will be there in 60 minutes. Be prepared with your statement.” Jackson answered and disconnected the call.

“I hope you realize you spoil him,” Jaebeom expressed while sipping his espresso. Jackson and Jaebeom were hanging out in a bistro when Jackson got the call from Jinyoung.

“Do you need me to drop you at your college?” Jackson addressed.

“Fine, I won't annoy you about Jinyoung, my class doesn't begin till 2, so you proceed,” Jaebeom expressed.

The editing of thesis submerges Jackson in, and Jinyoung was giving him contributions on the key points. After hours of tapping on the laptop keys and numerous cups of coffee, they prepared the thesis for submission. Jinyoung was content with the outcome and was glad he din’t miss the deadline.

The following weeks passed by and it was nearly time for Jinyoung and Jackson to pack their bags and return home. Jaebeom had 4 additional weeks to complete his PhD from MIT and Youngjae had a one year to finish his MD from Harvard Medical School.

Jinyoung is pensive of returning to Korea while Youngjae was unhappy that he has to be in Boston for two more without his cousins and Jackson. Jaebeom and Jinyoung promised Youngjae that they will make trips to Boston.

Jinyoung had a break from his ual undertakings for as long as about fourteen days and he was clingy as a koala bear holding tight to Jackson consistently. Jackson was his preferred spot to go when his brain looks for peace.

Jaebeom could only sigh, thinking about how he will deal with Jinyoung when they are in Korea, Jinyoung's tenacious conduct and his bratty demeanour exhausted him. Jaebeom is well aware that Jackson is the one who could placate Jinyoung at whatever point Jinyoung goes ballistic. Jackson could make Jinyoung laugh when Jinyoung is not even in the mood to smile.

 

Jackson encouraged Jaebeom to show restraint toward Jinyoung and not to pull the trigger from the explosive Jinyoung is. Jaebeom and Jinyoung are similar in certain aspects, they are stubborn to the bone, had a temper, and both didn't have the foggiest idea when to back down. Their combination is a catastrophe waiting to happen. In the past, Jackson mediated between the cousins so they din't slaughter one another. Although this was an exaggeration as the cousins loved each other just about enough not to kill one another.

It was the last weekend before Jackson and Jinyoung has to leave Boston.  They planned a get together with Jaebeom and Youngjae. As four of them assembled at Jackson's home they settled on ordering takeout for the night and Jackson gave everybody a beverage while they were lazing in the living room and flicking through the TV channels.

A piece of news grabbed their eyes regarding Thai Royal Family. The news is with respect to the King of Thailand relinquishing the crown because of his old age and the Crown Prince Kiet Bhuwakul ascending to the royal throne. There was a brief rundown on the historical backdrop of the regal family and how under the able guidance of their beloved King's the nation transformed from an absolute monarchy to a democratic country with a King as head of the state.

There was a conversation on how the regal family was dynamic and in contact with the actual world. They were speculation on the dates when the crown prince would be ordained as the King. The news briefed greatness of the current King of Thailand and on the future monarch HRH crown prince Kiet Bhuwakul and his unwavering work for his nation and his generosity.

“I wonder if Bambam has a great deal to comment on this bit of news,” Jaebeom expressed.

“Were you folks aware of this turn of events,” Jackson asked, looking at the cousins.

“You know how little interest Bambam shows about the royalty he is born into. He din’t say anything about it the last time I spoke to him,” Jinyoung replied.

“I had the information on this turn of events. Yeojin shared the information when Kanika mentioned it to her. In fact, both the young ladies are planning to go to Thailand for the crowning ceremony. Kanika is set on hauling Yeojin to Bangkok as they are inseparable,” expressed Youngjae.

“Is Bambam going to accompany them to Thailand?” questioned Jinyoung.

“I would like to think not, as it is both the young ladies are a power of nature and on the off chance that you add Bambam to the blend, it will be a feature news in various nations,” Jaebeom sighed.