Hazardous

Throughout The Universe(s)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Assassin!Moonbyul x Spy!Hwasa, even though their occupations don't matter that much in this story.

-

It's truly a dreadful night. Another mission acquired, she's been in this situation way too many times before to find this thrilling.

A woman looking up at the sky, sighing quietly. It shouldn't be raining cat and dog now, her departure would have to be delayed and her father wouldn't be too happy with her late arrival. He's always stricter to her than to anyone else. 

She let out a chuckle at that thought. 

Funny how the most worrying thought to her at the moment, but not the fact that she just left the President's corpse behind, hand bloodstained, hidden in her pocket. 

Another mission acquired, that's all. 

They don't call her Death for no reason. 

"Wow. Even the most skilled masterminds have to succumb to the weather, no?"

And, , Death is so ready to shoot the intruder's brain out if not for her famous self-control and their familiar velvety voice. Like a snake that tempted Eve, the new-comer approaches her with inaudible steps, unbelievable charm, and lips putting beside Death's ear, sound pleased with her successful attempt. "Good evening, Byulyi. Or may I say, Ms. Kwanjin?"

"That's just a lame name for an undercover, and you must stop doing that, Hwasa, for God's sake.", Byulyi growls, tilts her head a little just to catch that mischievous grin in the corner of her eyes. 

Neither pushes nor pulls herself from Byulyi, Hwasa giggles. "Don't be so mad, you know you love this. Love having me around you. Is it because I make you feel important?"

No. Because she makes her feel her demise is around the corner and she must be the only one on Earth can outplay her and if only one day Hwasa decided she isn't worthy of her attention no more, she could just slit on the spot and no one could stop her. 

A tempting Flower that even Death can't resist. 

Not that she needs to know about it. 

"No. Get off me, before anyone sees us."

"Oh-ho, now aren't we scandalous?", Hwasa replies, but moves away from Byulyi nevertheless.

Byulyi has already missed her warmth. 

Stand a few feet apart, they gaze at the sky dreamily, even though there's nothing but pouring water above. Trees arches in the rain and animals are probably all asleep, the people in the ball keep the ball flowing by dancing and the President is still dead. And here they are, watching raindrops. 

Hwasa is using the usual perfume today, some sort of female Chanel's that she pays no attention to the actual name. She calls it "Hwasa's odour". Despite her amazing disguise skills and her signature way to blend in the crowd, Hwasa always, always, uses that scent when she's with Byulyi. 

She has burned her mark in Byul's memory. Amiably, eternally. 

"Then...", Byulyi says, doesn't move her eyes from the rain. "What are you doing here? Another bastard to execute?"

"Nah. I'm here just to watch you."

Byulyi flinched. "Watch me?"

"Right. Is there anything so surprise?" Hwasa turns her look to her companion of the night, eyebrow raises. "I just want to see my Death for the last time."

"Last ti--"

"Give me your hand. You will spoil that pricey Thom Browne suit with that pig's blood."

With that, Hwasa pulls Byulyi's hand, delicate hand, out of her pocket. She holds it in her hands gently, lays a kiss on the back of it while Byulyi is staring at her in astonishment. 

What the does she mea--

"Sorry for provoking you for years, unnie. It was fun, I love it, though.", the younger woman continues. She stretches her hand out to wet it with some raindrops, then tenderly wipes bloodstains on Byulyi's hand away. Fingers touch, palms against each other's. And another kiss on her wrist. "Please stay alive. I wait for you to take me to your Hell when I die."

"What is this nonsense--"

"Hyejin-ah!", a male voice interrupts her question, comes with a luxury car. He gets out of the Audi with an umbrella, walks toward the two with a big grin. 

Hwasa (Hyejin?) drops the assassin's now clean hand. She opens her arms, docilely wraps it around the man's bulky figure, tiptoes up to kiss him on the lips. "You make me wait."

"I'm sorry, the rain is really heavy." the man replied apologizing. "But I'm here now. My parents told me to bring their daughter-in-law home, they are eager to talk about the wedding."

"Oh please, we are not married yet."

"Yet."

And they giggle at each other. 

Daughter in law. Wedding. Married. 

Byulyi sees red. 

As if remember another presence just now, the couple, gosh she might throw up at the word, turn to Byul at the same time. Hwasa with a little head shake, fully aware of what's going on her mind and her boyfriend with ignorance, and a grin that she wanna cut out of his handsome face. "Hi! You must be Hyejin's friend! Please to meet you, I'm Sunghoon, her fiancé."

Phony politeness, cheesy smile, rough hands and naïve eyes. Fiancé. Byulyi reluctantly grasps his waiting hand. "Nice to meet. I'm... Moonstar."

"Oh, that's a foreign-sounding name! You must be, like, a mixed-blood child?"

That's the name your woman cried out when I had fingers up her and tongue around her tongue and my mouth latched on her s and hickeys peppered her body, stood out even on her tanned skin you motherer--

"Nah. A friend gave me that name as a joke, that's all."

And she watched the storm forming in that mesmerizing brown orbs of the young woman. Hwasa mouths soundlessly, offended, "A joke?", but what can she do to Byulyi now? 

"Oh." Sunghoon nods, smiles. "Do you need a ride home? We can be on the same track?"

"No, Moonstar lives in the North, she has already had her lift, right?", Hwasa speaks to Byul, for the first time since the man arrives. 

Faux innocence drips of Byulyi's answer. "Yes. My chauffeur will be here shortly. Please go your way if you must, the rain should be harder as time goes by, and I don't want this girl to get cramps by sleeping in the car."

"Oh, unnie~", a hand playfully hits Byul.

Little does Sunghoon know about their intense glance in a millisecond. 

"Then excuse us. Shall we, baby?"

"Sure! Can you take my bag to the car first, I want to talk with unnie for a bit?"

"Of course."

Gets Hwasa's bag, Sunghoon walks to the rain again, leaving two women behind. 

As soon as Sunghoon turns his back to them, Byulyi grips both Hwasa's arms, pulls her in, eyes glaring. Her back shields Hwasa from any curious sneak look. "What is that? Another façade of you, woman?"

"No, Byul. Not a lie. Ouch, it hurts, unnie..."

"And I'm ing hurting!" her whimper only makes the assassin tightens her hold. "Did you just wake up and decide to be a heteroual and change your name to Hyejin? , Hwasa..."

"So you really keep your promise."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter