Three

Lifeline

I should’ve seen it coming.


Nobody could hate him as much as himself at that moment. The members wouldn’t blame him; they were more or less on the same boat anyway. But he felt that if no one did, at least he would hold himself responsible. 


On the outside, some people might think they weren’t close. They hardly seem to be in each other’s social media, nor were they really seen hanging out. But everyone knows that true friendship didn’t require publicity. One could simply check on the other privately.

 

Which he failed to do.


What signs did he miss? Where could they have intervened? Had they neglected his cries for help? How blind had they been?


I should’ve been there for him.


I should be strong for the others. I should be their pillar in times like these. For him.


What would he do if he was here?


He shook his head, trying to focus on the situation. They were currently en route to the dorms, the managers having sent out the official statement and gotten the members' clothing. To make it easier for everyone, they would stay together for now. It would be less troublesome for the managers to monitor them and keep them out of trouble while they find a better solution.

Now, it was just a race against the clock.