Byun_Rara (sekai)

Writer's Block Collection

He’s watching the perky swaying side to side, long, long legs leading to the socked feet planted firmly on the floor. He tips his head to the side, trying to figure out what Jongin is doing with his head under Kyungsoo’s desk.

 

“What are you doing?”

 

Jongin jumps so hard at the sudden voice he slams the back of his head on the underside of the desk before pulling away and turning to stand, glaring furiously at the annoying grin on Sehun’s smug face.

 

“You know we’re not supposed to be in Kyungsoo’s room when he’s not here.” He’s standing in the doorway, toes just touching where the hallway carpet meets the bedroom carpet. He cranes his neck to assess the room. “We’re not supposed to be in here when he is home,” he corrects.

 

“No ,” Jongin whispers, but it’s frantic. His eyes dart around, like he’s doing something he’s not supposed to be. “Come here,” he says with a wave of his hand, “I need your help.”

 

Sehun puts his hands up, palms to Jongin and shakes his head. “Absolutely not.” He watches Jongin frown at him. “You’re not the one who’s experienced how hard Kyungsoo can punch, thank you very much.”

 

Jongin groans dramatically and stomps his foot. “Just come here.”

 

With a heavy sigh, Sehun steps into the room, suddenly paranoid, suddenly aware of how much he knows he’s going to regret whatever is about to happen. Jongin bends down again and goes back under the desk, in perfect view, and reach. Sehun gives him one good slap.

 

“Are you gonna tell me what you’re doing?”

 

Jongin grunts; Sehun can hear some shuffling and the sound of wires being moved around. Then Jongin pops up, eyes wide, and grabs Sehun by the shoulders to pull him close. “I plugged in this dumb thing I found at a thrift shop. The owner said it lets out a high pitched tone every 30 seconds,” he pauses to giggle, “so I’m gonna hide in the closet and watch Soo lose his mind.”

 

Sehun stares at Jongin, unamused, blank. He blinks, dumbfounded by Jongin’s stupidity.

 

“Oh, come on,” Jongin groans, giving Sehun a light punch to the chest. “Come sit in the closet with me and watch.” Sehun blinks. “You know it’s gonna be funny.”

 

“This is without a doubt the stupidest plan you’ve ever had. Of course I’m in,” Sehun says with a roll of his eyes.

 

“I knew I could count on you,” Jongin says with glee, going in to give Sehun a quick hug.

 

They break apart when the front door opens, and scramble to get to the closet before Kyungsoo gets to his room.

 

The space is small, and surprisingly cluttered, compared to how pristine Kyungsoo keeps his room. So, they have to jam in awkwardly, legs tangled together, and Sehun’s arms over Jongin’s shoulders. Strictly for balance, he tells Jongin…and himself.

 

“He’s gonna kill us if he finds us in here,” Sehun whispers. He watches the amused grin spread on Jongin’s face and tries not to visibly swoon.

 

Hiding a huge, gay crush on your roommate is hard enough without being pressed together like this. He can feel Jongin’s body heat, but it’s nothing compared to the warmth radiating from the blush creeping up his neck when Jongin shifts a little closer.

 

Kyungsoo enters the room; they can hear him moving around, setting his things down at his desk. Jongin turns his head to peek through the wooden slats on the door and Sehun gulps; Jongin has such a nice side profile.

 

“This was a bad idea,” Sehun whispers, then lets out a muffled yelp when Jongin’s hand suddenly slaps over his mouth. He presses a finger to Sehun’s lips and glares.

 

“Will you shut up?”

 

When Sehun nods he can feel the finger slide across his skin and he shudders. Before he realizes what he’s doing, he puckers his lips and presses a soft kiss to Jongin’s fingertip.

 

Jongin throws himself against the wall in shock, eyes wide, stuck on Sehun’s equally shocked face.

 

“What the was that?” Jongin whispers; Sehun has a suspicion, were they not currently hiding in Kyungsoo’s closet, that Jongin would have shouted instead.

 

Sehun tries to speak. He really does. But words escape him, and he just flaps his mouth open and closed like an idiot, stammering bits and pieces of words. The thought of stepping out of the closet and getting his beat by Kyungsoo doesn’t seem so bad to him at the moment.

 

He reaches for the doorknob, but Jongin slaps his hand.

 

“What are you doing?”

 

“I’m gonna go let Kyungsoo murder me.”

 

He reaches for the door again and this time Jongin grips him up by the shirt and shoves him against the wall. Jongin doesn’t move, just stares at him, and he’s confused. Then Jongin surges forward and presses their lips together, and then he’s confused and pleasantly surprised.

 

The closet door whips open just as Sehun buries his hand in Jongin’s hair, and he lets out an ungodly scream, shoving Jongin away from him so hard that he knocks the wind out of him.

 

Kyungsoo doesn’t speak, and it’s honestly more terrifying than if he were to yell. But, the anger in his eyes is evident, and enough to scare the two boys out of the closet in a hurry.

 

Jongin slams the door to their shared room and leans against it, letting out a breathless laugh at the fear in Sehun’s eyes.

 

“Sorry for kissing you, but I had to stop you from blowing our cover.”

 

Sehun’s heart drops to his stomach; he tries his best to hide his disappointment. “Oh, um. Yeah, no prob— I mean, yeah, obviously that’s what you were doing.”

 

A cheesy grin spreads slowly across Jongin’s face and he chuckles. Sehun’s cheeks redden in embarrassment. He wishes they didn’t share a room so he could hide in shame.

 

“You’re so dumb,” Jongin says.

 

It hurts Sehun’s feelings and his pride, but the smile still on Jongin’s face might hurt more than his words.

 

Jongin lets out a sigh and tips his head to the side. “But, you’re somehow still so damn cute.”

 

“What?” Sehun mumbles, eyebrows raised.

 

Jongin’s eyes narrow and this time, his lips curl into a little smirk. “You heard me.”

 

The sound of the door lock clicking drains all the blood from Sehun’s face and he stops breathing.

 

“WHAT THE IS BEEPING?!”

 

Both boys turn their heads toward Kyungsoo’s room and they break out into a fit of giggles that quickly stop when Kyungsoo begins pounding on their door.

 

Jongin steps up to Sehun and pecks his lips quickly. “We’ll continue this later,” he promises. “But, right now, we have to go get beat up.”

 

Jongin opens the door and immediately takes a barrage of punches to the arm. Sehun watches him exit the room, still feeling his heartbeat in his ears, then slowly follows him out ready to accept his punishment.

 

His body is so numb he likely won’t even feel Kyungsoo’s wrath anyway.