Private tour

Dear

‘Your sister wrote a hell of a motivational letter.’ Siyeon turns her head to the red woman, smiling down at her. ‘Yes. Honestly, it’s been her lifelong dream to work with the BPRD.’ Bora smiles back and continues walking, opening a door with her fingerprint. Siyeon looks on in awe at the high tech equipment beyond the door. ‘Why has she never applied before? We had junior programs a few years back. She would’ve fit in quite well.’ Siyeon sighs, tearing her eyes away from the monitors and equipment in the room around them. She clasps her hands together, picking at her own skin, a nervous tick she hasn’t been able to get rid of for most of her life. Bora notices but decides to give the CEO time to reply. ‘That’s not her fault. I never let her.’ Bora walks further into the observation room, leading Siyeon slowly. ‘Ah, you’re the worrying type?’ Siyeon nods, biting her lip. ‘I suppose I am… I’d hate to see her get hurt, but the way she lights up when talking about you guys…’ Bora finds herself smiling at the taller woman. Who’d have thought that the CEO of one of the largest fashion companies in the world would be such a softie. ‘What?’ Bora holds her hands up in defence and chuckles. ‘Nothing. Just didn’t think you’d be such a softie.’ Siyeon playfully punches the red woman and scoffs. ‘I can be tough when I need to be. Gahyeon is my soft spot, alright?’ Bora smiles and nods, glad to have lightened the mood.

 

‘Well, this is the observation room. CCTV from around the area is connected to our central system and monitored around the clock for any abnormalities.’ Siyeon looks around at all the monitors. Only a few people are sitting around, typing away at keyboards. It all seems very calm and organized. ‘So this is where your missions come in?’ Bora nods and opens the door on the other side of the room. ‘The calls get registered here, and then sent through to the office.’ Walking through the door, Siyeon is overwhelmed with dozens of people and non-humans walking around a large office space. Phones are ringing everywhere, everyone busy with their work diligently. ‘Welcome to the heart of BPRD.’ Bora frowns at the noise. She prefers not to stick around the office too much. She’s not one for all the paperwork and phone calls. Leading Siyeon through the madness, they reach a couple of separate office rooms. ‘These are some conference rooms. They’re soundproofed for obvious reasons. And that’s Yubin’s office. She basically breathes paperwork.’ Siyeon chuckles as Bora barges into the office she just pointed out.

 

Yubin doesn’t even flinch, being used to the loud hell descendant’s antics. ‘Bora. To what do I owe the pleasure?’ Bora scoffs and leans against the doorway. ‘You’d be bored out of your mind without my company. Just showing Siyeon here around. Her sister’s having an interview with Minji and Yoohyeon.’ Yubin looks up at the mention of the CEO’s name. Always a stickler for manners, she jumps up out of her chair and walks over to offer her hand. ‘Miss De Vil, welcome to the BPRD. Pardon the mess. My name is Lee Yubin, pleasure to meet you.’ Siyeon takes her hand and tries not to laugh at Bora rolling her eyes behind Yubin. ‘Nice to meet you too.’ Smiling kindly, Yubin pushes Bora out of her office. ‘I’d love to chat more, but duty calls. The training camp has me working double time. The best of luck to your sister, Miss.’ With a nod, the door is slammed in Bora’s face, who looks on in disbelief.

 

Shaking her head, Bora turns to Siyeon with a chuckle. ‘I’d like to say she isn’t usually like that, but that would be a lie.’ The two laugh together as Bora leads them away from the office, towards a staircase. ‘That’s it for this floor, mainly. The actual training centre is a few kilometres away. The dorms will be there as well. The ground floor holds the break rooms and some conference rooms for visitors and such, as well as most employees’ lockers.’ Siyeon nods, watching as Bora’s hands tighten beside her body. ‘If she makes it through, Gahyeon would get assigned a locker and team room downstairs as well. Unless she makes it into one of the top teams.’ Siyeon tilts her head. ‘Then what?’ Pursing her lips, Bora points upstairs. ‘Top floor holds the library and private rooms reserved for our top employees.’ Siyeon nods. Gahyeon would probably strive to get a top position. ‘So, is your room up there then?’ Bora nods, holding eye-contact with her. ‘Yes. Want to see?’ Bora smirks as Siyeon’s eyes widen for a moment. Her demeanor changes quickly, though, smirk mirrored on the CEO’s face. ‘Sure. Show me how big bad Red lives.’ Taken aback, Bora blinks, frozen on the spot. She didn’t think the woman would give in to her teasing. ‘I-... Sure?’

 

Confused, she walks up the stairs with Siyeon right behind her. Again, a fingerprint scanner welcomes them. Bora leads them in and exhales heavily. She hopes nobody is in the common room to about socialising. ‘Bora!’ No such luck. As they walk in, Seungyeon struts by with a smile. ‘Oh, a visitor? OMG! You’re Siyeon De Vil!’ Siyeon smiles back awkwardly and lets the other woman grip her hand tightly, shaking it enthusiastically. ‘Yeh, hello.’ Bora sighs and pulls Seungyeon away. ‘Alright, enough of that. I’m giving her a tour and need to get her back to her sister soon.’ Seungyeon chuckles at her friend’s antics but knows better than to go against her. ‘Alright, alright, I’m going. Nice meeting you, Siyeon!’ Before Siyeon can answer, the woman is shoved through a door by Bora. ‘Sorry about that.’

 

Siyeon smirks and shakes her head. ‘What? Don’t want anyone to know you have a visitor?’ Her smirk turns into a smile when she notices how large and panicked Bora’s eyes look. ‘Haha, I’m just joking. Do I make you nervous, Bora?’ Huffing, Bora turns away from the woman, trying to save herself from further embarrassment because yes, Siyeon makes her very nervous and she doesn’t know why. Grumbling under her breath, she walks through the corridor, towards her room. Siyeon chuckles and follows after her small figure. She can’t help but let her eyes fall to the way her hips sway with each step. Siyeon nearly stumbles into Bora’s back as the demon stops at a purple door. ‘This is my place.’ Siyeon clears and steps in behind Bora. The first thing she notices is the soft jazz music playing in the background. Not a music choice she would have expected from the loud red woman.

 

‘I mainly come here to sleep or gather my thoughts, so it’s not much.’ Bora nervously watches Siyeon walk around her room slowly. The CEO takes in every corner of the room. From her comfy looking double bed to the art supplies by the desk. ‘You draw?’ Bora feels herself shrink under her gaze and nods. ‘I like creating things with my hands.’ Siyeon smiles. It’s one of the reasons she followed in her family’s business. The designing part was always her favourite. ‘It’s beautiful…’ She looks over the several sketches on the desk. Some of co-workers she’s seen today, others of flowers or landscapes. ‘You’re really talented.’ With a smile, she turns to Bora. The red woman smiles back, more at ease now they’re out of eyesight. ‘Thank you. Would you like to see the library or the armory on the 2nd floor? I’m guessing Minji and Yooh are almost done with the interview now.’ Siyeon tilts her head, moving towards the shorter woman. ‘Thank you for showing me around. I take it you’re not really a people person?’ Bora chuckles and nods looking up at her. ‘That’s an understatement. I guess I wanted to distract and reassure you? You seemed more than worried about your sister. You looked sad in the breakroom.’ Siyeon grabs Bora’s hand boldly and smiles down at her. ‘Thank you. It did help, seeing how diligent everyone here is. I’m sure she’s in good hands if you’ll have her.’ Bora nods and squeezes her hand tightly. ‘I’ll look after her.’ Siyeon smiles wider and blushes, letting go of Bora’s hand.

 

‘I mean, we’ll look after her, you know, the BPRD!’ Siyeon chuckles at her poor attempt to take back her words. Bora stumbles towards her door and opens it for Siyeon. ‘Let’s go see how they’re doing?’ Siyeon nods and follows her out, a soft blush still on her cheeks. The red demon isn’t as tough as everyone makes her out to be.