BPRD

Dear

Sighing deeply, Siyeon parks by the BPRD’s main building, located just out of town. Gahyeon is bouncing in the passenger seat like a little kid who just found out they were going to Disneyland. Smiling at her sister’s excitement, she cuts the engine and exits the car. She pulls her long coat tighter around herself. It’s chillier than she thought. Gahyeon, meanwhile, doesn’t seem at all bothered by the weather, wearing a simple black turtleneck on black jeans, combat boots underneath. Siyeon had laughed at her, saying she looks like a spy more than a cop but she had simply continued smiling at herself in the mirror.

 

Today is the check-in. Gahyeon has made it through the preliminary round and is being expected for an interview with the team where they’ll decide if she’s allowed to train with them or not. Her luggage is in the back of Siyeon’s car and part of Siyeon hopes she gets to leave it in the trunk today. Locking up the car and walking behind her sister towards the entrance, however, she can’t help but smile at the sheer happiness she’s exuding. Gahyeon rings the bell at the front, waiting patiently for a response.

 

‘Welcome to the Bureau for Paranormal Research and Defense. Please state your name and business.’ Gahyeon nods at the intercom before leaning in closer. ‘Gahyeon De Vil here with my sister for the final interview regarding the Bootcamp.’ Siyeon smiles at her sister’s steady and business-like voice, a total 180 from her current excited hopping around. ‘Thank you. You may enter and one of our colleagues will lead you to the break room.’ Gahyeon clasps her hands together and squeaks out a soft thank you before they hear a buzzing sound, the door opening before them.

 

Taking a deep breath, Gahyeon enters, her sister right behind her. Siyeon shudders at the change in temperature, letting her coat hang open as she follows Gahyeon further in. ‘Welcome to the BPRD, I’m Wonho.’ A broad man smiles at them widely, his eyes turning to crescent moons. Gahyeon returns a similar smile and shakes his hand. ‘I’m Gahyeon, and this is my older sister, Siyeon.’ Siyeon politely shakes Wonho’s hand as well and follows him as he leads the way down a long corridor. ‘Well, I wish you the best of luck for your interview. Here’s the break room, feel free to grab something to drink or eat while you wait. They shouldn’t be long.’ Wonho pats Gahyeon on the shoulder in a friendly manner. ‘Thank you, Wonho! I hope to see you around again!’ He chuckles and leaves with a small wave and a nod to Siyeon, who’s remained silent this whole time, taking in the atmosphere.

 

Gahyeon takes a seat on the couch, shaking with excitement. ‘I can’t believe this is finally happening! Thanks so much for supporting me, Siyeon!’ Smiling at her younger sibling, she takes a seat next to her on the couch. ‘As worried as I still am about this all, I am glad they at least allowed me to be here for the interview. I have some questions of my own.’ Gahyeon nods and holds her hand gently. ‘I’m sure it’ll be alright. The director is very kind.’ Siyeon sighs and stares at their entwined hands. She does remember seeing the director on TV on numerous occasions, always with a smile on her face and gently speaking to the press and bystanders. She hopes Gahyeon will receive that same gentleness.

 

‘ing hell, this headache won’t leave.’ The sisters are startled by someone cursing and barging into the break room. The woman’s red skin and small horns are a dead giveaway to her identity. ‘Miss Bora!’ Blinking, she turns towards the couch, noticing 2 women sitting together. The one that called out her name smiles brightly, a sparkle in her eyes. The taller of the 2, hair half black and half white exactly down the middle, looks at her with a curious glint in her eyes. Bora can’t help but smirk. ‘Well, aren’t you a sight for sore eyes.’ Walking in further, she makes her way to the coffee machine, pouring herself a cup. ‘You’re here for an interview?’ Gahyeon nods excitedly. ‘Yes! Wonho told us to wait here.’

 

‘Ah, you must be the De Vil sisters. You sure you wanna get into this line of work with your high profile?’ Turning around, Bora leans against the counter, looking at the sisters with a tilt of the head. ‘I am very certain! Especially since I finally have my sister’s support!’ Bora’s eyes glance over to the other woman. ‘What, are we not good enough for a De Vil?’ Bora’s eyes are challenging, boring into Siyeon’s. She simply sighs, crossing her legs. ‘I am merely concerned for my little sister’s safety.’ Bora nods, sipping her coffee slowly. ‘Well, there’s no guaranteeing anyone’s safety 100% in this line of work. Her survivability and workload would entirely be based off of her own capabilities.’ Gahyeon nods firmly. ‘I’m qualified and willing to put in the work. I have dreamt of working with you since I was a little kid.’

 

Bora notices how Siyeon turns to her sister with a sad look in her eyes. Bora curses under her breath, hating her soft heart. ‘I was told you have some questions for us as well, Miss De Vil?’ She gets Siyeon’s attention on her. ‘Yes. I requested to be here with Gahyeon today so I may ask questions as well before any decisions are made on either side.’ Bora nods and pulls out her phone, dialing Yoohyeon’s number.

 

‘Yooh, will you be picking up the next candidate for the interview soon?’

‘Yes, Minji and I were about to come over. Why?’ Bora sighs and looks over at the girls on the couch once more.

‘I’m in the break room and have met her and her elder sister. I will drop them by Minji’s office and take the elder sister for a tour so she may ask her questions.’

‘Ah, right, the De Vil kid is next. Wait, since when are you willingly talking to people? Omg, she’s cute isn’t she?’ Bora hangs up, rolling her eyes at her friend’s antics.

 

‘C’mon, I’ll take you.’ She pushes herself off the counter and walks towards the door, waiting for the 2 other women to follow her. ‘Thank you, that’s very kind of you.’ Bora nods at Siyeon as she walks out the door in front of her, her voice is softer than she expected. Closing the door behind them, Bora leads the way further down the corridor. ‘Minji’s office is on the 3rd floor. I prefer running the stairs but we can take the elevator if you’d like?’ She takes another sip of her coffee. ‘That’s alright Miss Bora, we can take the stairs, right?’ Gahyeon turns to her sister who nods softly.

 

Whistling as they arrive on the 3rd floor, Bora loudly announces their presence. ‘Hell has arrived!’ Gahyeon chuckles as Siyeon simply an eyebrow at the strange devil in front of them. A door on the right opens and out pops Yoohyeon, smiling widely. ‘Bora! There you are. Ah, Miss De Vil, thank you for coming on time.’ Gahyeon nods politely and walks towards Yoohyeon, taking her hand to shake softly. ‘Thank you for having me! Please, just call me Gahyeon.’ Yoohyeon nods with a sweet smile on her lips. ‘Then, you must be Siyeon De Vil? Pardon me but I do very much enjoy your company’s fashion and I try to attend the animal welfare events when possible.’ Siyeon smiles and shakes the tall girl’s hand once her sister steps away. ‘Thank you. I’m glad to hear that.’

 

Bora gulps down the last of her coffee and barges into Minji’s office. ‘Hey, I’ll be taking the sister on a tour so you can hold the interview. I’ll answer any questions she has about us all.’ With a firm nod, she sets her empty cup on a side table to pick up later, and walks back out. Minji tilts her head in confusion for a moment but decides to simply shrug off Bora’s behaviour. Yoohyeon did mention Siyeon is a particularly pretty woman and they all know Bora has a weakness for those. Outside the office room, Yoohyeon has finished introducing and explaining the basics to Gahyeon and Siyeon, as Bora walks back to them.

 

‘Alright, good luck in there, kid. We’ll meet ya back in the break room downstairs.’ She pats Gahyeon’s back and urges her to follow Yoohyeon who simply chuckles at Bora’s antics. Siyeon stands behind the devil, a smirk on her lips. ‘So, Bora, right?’ Bora turns at the soft voice and nods. ‘I thought we’d already established that, sweetheart?’ Siyeon chuckles and smiles down at Bora’s small form. ‘I didn’t think you were that small from all the videos Gahyeon has shown me.’ Bora huffs for a moment before taking off her coat, showing off her toned red biceps as she’s wearing a sleeveless tight black shirt underneath. ‘I make up for it in muscle mass and skills, sweetheart.’

 

Siyeon gulps. She had seen many videos of the red lady and always thought she was rather attractive, but seeing her up close with her muscles exposed, feels different to the CEO. Bora smirks at her success in shutting Siyeon up and throws her coat over one of the chairs in front of Minji’s office. ‘You can leave your coat here if you’d like. Most of the building is rather warm to accommodate some of our more ‘exotic’ members.’ Siyeon readily agrees, having been dying to throw her coat somewhere since they entered the building. She supposes Gahyeon had foreseen the temperature difference.

 

She removes her coat, throwing it haphazardly over the same chair that Bora had thrown hers over. It’s Bora’s turn to gulp as Siyeon reveals that she’s wearing a tight black dress, hugging her curves in all the right places. Her shoulders are cut out of the long sleeves, showing off her milky white skin. ‘Ahem, ready to go then?’ Bora turns and points down the corridor, Siyeon chuckling at her. ‘Lead the way, Red.’ Bora blushes at the sudden nickname, glad it’s not visible on her already red complexion.