Rich Girl

Someone Like You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                        Chaeyoung rose slowly out of bed, slightly dreading the day ahead of her, but she knew this was her shot. This was the chance to prove herself, that she was a worthy 9th Star member. The anticipation made her more nervous as time went on. She picked a relatively simple outfit from the new clothes Rain bought her, jeans, a white t-shirt, and a black leather jacket. It maybe wasn't the fancy clothes of others who worked there, but it was kind of her style. 

                        She made her way towards the office building. It was just as it was yesterday, clean and sheek. It was ever busy as well as it was right in the center of the city where everyone could see. 

                       The secretary told her yesterday that when she arrived report straight to Mina's office and try to be early just in case. Chaeyoung was glad she arrived early because she had no idea where she was going, and she had to be in her office in ten minutes. She didn't panic just yet though, but she definately was starting to as she couldn't find it. She walked aimlessly up and down the hall.

                        "Are you lost?" she heard a voice call out. She turned around and was met with an unfamiliar face. The girl was slightly taller and Chaeyoung noticed that she was quite pale and her hair was dyed a dark blue. It was a huge relief when she found someone to help her.

                        "Yeah, I look like a ing idiot, don't I?" Chaeyoung said, clearly frustrated. The girl laughed at Chaeyoung's sharp tone.

                        "Yeah you definately look lost. Where are you going?"

                        "Ms. Myoui's office." Dahyun shot her a look that looked almost like...pity? 

                        "So you're her new assistant. Her office is the next hall over."

                        "Thanks, um," Chaeyoung said.

                        "Dahyun. Kim Dahyun," Dahyun offered. Chaeyoung gave a small nod and turned to find her office before it was too late.

                        Luckily Chaeyoung found it was two minutes to spare. She took a second to fix herself and make herself presentable before cautiously opening the doors. 

                        "Oh my god it was so awful," a voice said. 

                        When Chaeyoung entered there was Mina, of course, along with three other girls she didn't recognize. Chaeyoung actually felt how she wanted to look, for some reason, she felt confident all of a sudden. She wanted to make sure she did a good job. The other three women she didn't recognize were eyeing her up and down, a clear smirk on their faces. Chaeyoung resisted the urge to shift her weight awkwardly.

                        "You're late," Mina finally said. Chaeyoung's eyes shifted to the huge look just behind Mina.

                        "You said to be here by 9. It's 9 now," Chaeyoung said. There were one or two snickers from the girls beside Mina.

                        "By my standards, if you're here on time, you're late." Chaeyoung tried her best to hide her annoyance, but something told her she didn't do a very good job.

                        "Oh come on, Mina, lighten up," one of the girls said. Mina shot her a playful side-eye. "At least she's here, not like your last assistent." Again, more snickers from the girls. Mina's gaze shifted back to Chaeyoung.

                        "You're right Sana. She is here, and since she is, I guess she should get started." Mina was looking at Chaeyoung with an expression that was impossible to read. Was she playing with her? Was she being serious? Chaeyoung had honestly no idea.

                        "Um, what should I do first?"

                        "You should get me coffee," Mina said sort of sarcastically. The girls beside Mina were clearly getting a kick out of this, causing irritation to clearly rise within Chaeyoung. Can't you get your own damn coffee?, Chaeyoung thought. Oh wait, i'm dealing with a spoiled ing brat. 

                        "Coffee it is princess," Chaeyoung said aloud. Chaeyoung knew instantly that she messed up as there was flicker of surprise across Mina's face. She couldn't tell whether Mina didn't care about the snarky response, or whether she had just gotten herself fired. Mina's expression settled a bit. "Yes, coffee would be nice." Chaeyoung instantly her heels to find the coffee machine before Mina got any more ideas. When Chaeyoung came back with the requested coffee, she nicely set it on the rich girl's table, hoping her comment before didn't talk her way into more trouble than she aleady had.

                         "When i'm finished meeting with my father, you'll accompany us to go out," Mina said. Chaeyoung didn't reply, instead she made herself busy with the artwork on Mina's wall. Mina grew impatient, snapping her fingers at her assistant. "Did you hear that?" Chaeyoung was instantly snapped out of her stupor.

                         "What? Yeah." Mina rolled her eyes as she left the office, along with her friends. The girl named Sana, holding Chaeyoung's gaze for a little longer than Chaeyoung was comfortable with. 

                         Chaeyoung physically blew out a sigh of relief as soon as she left. This was way more tense than Chaeyoung ever anticipated. She felt like she could say or do the wrong in front of Mina all of the time and she had only been here for over an hour. If this is what it was like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter