Welcome To the Team

Someone Like You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                        Chaeyoung has always known that her life would never amount to anything. She would never be anybody, nobody would know her name. No one would propbably miss her. She'd known that as soon as her parents died when she was young. She was all she had in this world sadly. It was survive or die for Chaeyoung honestly. That was until she turned fourteen, and life came at her quick. She had to make decisions and do things she wasn't proud of. But that was a long time ago, and Chaeyoung was far from feeling guilty about the things she has done by now. It was pretty much in her DNA. 

                       She sometimes wondered to herself if she could change. She wondered if she could revert back to sweet, innocent Chaeyoung. The Chaeyoung before the world tried to crush her soul under its weight. So many nights she hoped and searched for that Chaeyoung, but deep down inside something was telling her that Chaeyoung was nowhere to be found, long gone. When she realized that this was her life, all Chaeyoung could do was put her head down and do what needed to be done, for survival. Always for survival. 

                       It was like any other day, really. Chaeyoung woke up in her ty apartment, well if you could call it an apartment. It was about as big as a shoe closet, honestly. The smell of cigarettes was prevalent as soon as you stepped in the place. The walls were quite faded as it was an old apartment. It belonged to an older lady before she passed away. On top of that, Chaeyoung wasn't the neatest if she were honest with herself, bottles of soju and other types of alcohol on the tiny table by her bed. A pizza box from last night's dinner was still on the floor. The little clothes she had were shoved to a corner in the room. It wasn't the fanciest, but this was home. 

                       Chaeyoung had a meeting with Jihoon, the leader of the 9th Star, the gang Chaeyoung had been with since she was fourteen. Jihoon, who they called Rain, was one of the only people in this world who seemed to give a damn when Chaeyoung was out on the streets. He gave her a purpose and a place to call home. He said that he had something he wanted to talk about with her. Chaeyoung had no idea what that was, but was always willing to do whatever Rain asked her to. She was like his brother. 

                       "It's about time. I was getting worried you might've slept in again," Rain said. 

                       "And miss this oh so important meeting. I would never do such a thing," Chaeyoung replied. Rain flashed her a smile that could only be described as a brother looking down fondly over his younger sister.

                       "I see your sarcasm is with you as always. Anyways, have a seat." Rain's office was buried deep in the headquarters of the 9th Star. They called it headquarters, but headquarters had never had a permanent residence. If they suspected that the police was onto them, they'd pack up and go into hiding for a while until the search died down. That was only a small part of life as a 9th Star. "I called you in today because I have a new mission for you." Chaeyoung stared at him warily. Chaeyoung was getting more and more anxious as the seconds ticked by. "It's a big one, and after almost ten years I wanna trust you with this."

                       "What is it?" Chaeyoung could see a glint in Rain's eyes that only came with taking down the big guns and the rich people. The thrill is what he lived for. The ones who fed and relied on everyone else who didn't have the same social and financial status. 

                       "I believe it's time we pay the Myoui Corporation a visit." Chaeyoung's raised an eyebrow at Rain. 

                       "Didn't you try that before? You got totally busted last time," Chaeyoung said. Rain nodded.

                       "That's right. But last time, we didn't have you." Chaeyoung couldn't quite read Rain's expression. There was no doubt that the mere thought of this mission excited Rain to the core. "I've waited this long to give you a big mission because I wanted to observe you. You have what it takes now, I know you do." Chaeyoung didn't know what to feel, to be honest. Rain made it sound like he was bestowing an honor upon her, but in reality, the plan was to bust the Myoui Corporation for serious cash. She didn't know if she should proud or not.

               

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter