Chapter Two: Her Red Salvias

Limelight (Jenlisa, Chaennie)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter




@jenhoes — bby, i miss you too🖤 but it's late, go to sleep ❤️

 

  @jenlisaftw — lisa, come back from paris right now!

 

  @NINI — can @ygislove just shut up, imma throw hands soon at this mf. 

 

  @jenchu2. — are we finally getting a song about Lisa? 

 

  @ygislove — just patiently waiting for their

breakup.

 ---

 

 

 

"To my shining blinks, this is all because of you. I wanted to express through the song SOLO that everyone's existence alone is beautiful enough to let them shine." The crowd howls as Jennie shows her gummy smile and bows again. Receiving an award for her album's lead single is very rewarding and she still thinks this is surreal.

 

"Congratulations, Jennie-sii" Many of the staff congratulates her as she makes her way back to the dressing room, she had already performed earlier right after Red Velvet's performance. Stage performance wasn't easy like how it is showed to the audience, it takes a lot of work and effort but doing what you love is what matters the most.

 

To attend award shows at the end year is both good and bad, Jennie thinks. The good part of it is that she can enjoy quality time with her idol friends and the bad part of it is that it takes too long; last year, Jennie skipped it because of the extreme coldness and she was slightly under the weather too. 

 

"Jennie unnie!" 

 

"That was a great performance! I couldn't stop dancing a little bit." Jennie says as soon as Yeri approaches her, she sees Irene at the back; waving at her with a warm smile.

 

"Too humble, unnie. Yours was too good and congratulations on the award, you definitely deserve it." Yeri smiles and locks her hand into Jennie's arm; she is just to friendly and social, not that Jennie minds.

 

They walk towards Irene, who seems to be waiting for them. Yeri just invites Jennie to their dressing room as they ordered some food and it was Irene's idea to call her. 

 

"You didn't have to, unnie." Jennie says to Irene as they walk inside the dressing room, which is really deserted and only rv members are chilling in the floor.

 

"Shut up and come in." Irene rolls her eyes playfully and nudges Jennie to sit with them and enjoy the food. Jennie truly feels blessed to have befriended Irene because at first, she couldn't do it. They went to the same salon(but Irene changed it already) and Jennie really wanted to chat or just say hi, and after few days of panicking, she did and now they're close.

 

"Jennie-sii, it's out of the blue but who was your tweet about?" Joy asks, always the conversation starter, with a slight teasing giggle.

 

Irene chuckles, "Don't mind her, Jen. She secretly is in love with you and Lisa's relationship."

 

"It's obvious that it was for Lisa-sii." Yeri adds again.

 

Jennie takes a bite of the fried dumpling and nods her head, "It's always for Lisa."

 

Joy definitely tries not to squeal much hearing Jennie's reply while Yeri is already squealing without anyone's care. The unnie lines just apologize to Jennie for their weird behavior in which Jennie replies that she doesn't mind.

 

But who could she actually tell? It's not Lisa...Ever since that night, ever since she accidentally stumbled upon that performance; her mind has been elsewhere. Four days and Jennie still is searching for the name; Roseanne.

 

 

 

As much as Jennie likes to stay at home and do nothing, she can't stop her train of thoughts about someone particular. It was the day after the award show and she had no plans rather than staying home and playing with Kuma. She can't focus, her heart tells her to go out and run to Hongdae. She can't trust her heart nowdays; it's been eerie.

 

She finds herself calling Jisoo, who answers in the first ring unexpectedly, "Hello, it's the Kim Jisoo, what can i do for you?" 

 

Jennie snorts, "Hello, The Kim Jisoo, it's me, the one and only, Jennie Kim." 

 

 

"No one cares about you, Jennifer."

 

"How many times do I have to tell you that I don't like that name?" 

 

Jisoo laughs from the other line, "Well, tell your fans to stop calling you that." 

 

"Stop lurking on Twitter, Chu."

 

"As if anyone can stop me, anyway, what's up?"

 

Jennie clears and looks at the beautiful huge painting over the wall in her living area; a gift from her fan-site that she adores a-lot. She scratches her neck, feeling anxious.

 

"Did you die?" Jennie hears Jisoo's voice and snaps out of her thoughts.

 

"I'm healthy and alive, and do you think a dead person would reply if you asked that question?"

 

"Just trying my shot. So, please tell me what's up because dalgom is staring the hell out of me."

 

"Do you want to hang out right now? You still owe me dinner too." Jennie breathes out.

 

"And here I thought you would treat me for your big win yesterday." Jennie rolls her eyes at her words.

 

"I'm down for it, I'll be at yours in an hour." 

 

"Okay, are you okay with walking or should we take your car?" Jennie asks.

 

"That depends on where we're heading, do you have anywhere particular?" 

 

Jennie gulps, "Hongdae"

 

"Hongdae it is then, Jendeuk." 

 

and a spark of hope lights within Jennie.

 


 

Cold air blows as both of them walk side to side to Hongdae; their ultimate destination. Jisoo suggested them eating in one of the famous Japanese restaurant located in Hongdae and Jennie agreed it quickly.

 

"I met my costars yesterday at the script reading and all of them are really nice. I feel like this will be really good." Jisoo speaks, holding Jennie's hands.

 

"Wasn't the work atmosphere really ed up in your last movie?" Jennie vividly remembers the day Jisoo came to her all angry and frustrated because of one particular costars. It made Jennie really concerned because never had she ever seen Jisoo rea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter