Chapter One: Her In December

Limelight (Jenlisa, Chaennie)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"This has been a great year for you, what can we expect next year?" 

 

"You guys definitely can expect more; this year I really did change my genre and presented different kind of songs which lot of people loved and I'm very grateful for that. Also, I really want to try acting, hopefully next year?"

 

 

"Your third album charted at no 1 for 4 weeks, and sold million copies, what was your reaction?" 

 

 

"I would be lying if I said I don't check these kind of stuffs because I do. What I felt when I heard that it sold million copies can't be described. It's not about the numbers that made me happy, but the realization that these many people are there for me and want to hear my music. I'm internally blessed with my fans who constantly support me and love me."

 

 


"What gives you strength at hard times?"

 

 

"My dogs; Kai and Kuma. I'm the type of person to not rely on anyone because that will be a burden for them too and being dependent on others can be hard too. What if you're somewhere else and that person isn't there? How would you manage? So, I just basically clean, feed my dogs and hope for the next day to be bright."

 

 

"What about your beau Lisa? Love can help overcome things, how does Lisa help you when things get hard?"

 

 

"Lisa...we're really different and we prefer to overcome things individually but if it gets really hard, we talk to eachother and it really helps when someone is listening to all the rants. I'm really happy to have such an understanding person beside me."

 

 

-Cut-

 

 

"Thank you, Jennie-sii. It was a pleasure interviewing you and I assure you that everything you've said will definitely print out in the magazine." 

 

 

 

Jennie smiles while bowing her head, "I'm truly thankful too. It was really fun, and Nylon has always been like a family. Please stay warm while going home."

 

 

The man blushes slightly while bowing his head; Jennie Kim truly is one of a kind. Jennie, a figure who garners attention wherever she walks and she is damn well aware of it. She bows down to every staff member and also the photographer who took beautiful photos for the magazine, and heads towards her changing room. 

 

 

 

"Amazing work, Jennie." Her manager unnie, Hayoung, says while handing her a bottle of sparkling water. 

 

 

"Are they allowed to ask about Lisa? No other interviews demanded that from me." Jennie sips the water as is very dry, it was a very stressful day for her; from going to the salon to prerecording her song for the music bank early in the morning to this late night photoshoot and interview.

 

 

Hayoung manages Jennie's stuff while the other staffs cleans the rest room, Jennie takes her jacket from the sofa and puts it on, not even bothering to change in her other comfortable cloth she bought along. 

 

 

"It's already been two years that you and Lisa were announced as a couple, so it's okay for them to ask these sort of questions." Hayoung says while ushering Jennie to follow her out of the room. Jennie obliges and carries her small bear bag, not replying to Hayoung because she is dead tired and she just wants to sleep the tiredness away.

 

 

"Do you want to get dinner somewhere?" Hayoung opens the door for Jennie, who thanks her in return while slipping inside the warm car. She immediately buckles her seatbelt and snuggles in the blanket that is present anywhere they go. 

 

 

"I just want to go home, unnie." Jennie says, already dozing off but to her dismay, a loud notification startles her. She groans in agony and checks it, only to find a message from Lisa, 

 

"baby, heading to Paris right now, urgent call. Sorry, couldn't meet you. I'll be back in a week and let's go on a date :) love you, Jen." 

 

"Have a safe flight. Long day today, heading to sleep right away. Love you too, Lis."

 

 

Jennie quickly types a reply and mutes it, not wanting anything to disturb her peaceful sleep. It's usual for Lisa and her to cancel things up last moment due to their work and both of them infact are okay with it. They know how the industry really is and how hard it is to survive alone but they had eachother to lean on. 

 

 

Jennie's safe heaven is Lisa. And she is Lisa's.

 

 

It's the morning of a snowy December, Jennie wakes up and makes herself a cup of coffee. She is really thankful that Jisoo gifted her a coffee maker, it makes her day brighter. She goes to feed Kuma while the coffee brews itself. 

 

 

"Did you sleep well cuddling with me, kuku?" Jennie says in a cute voice while ruffling her dog's fur, she nods her head lovingly while Kuma wiggles his short tail. 

 

 

 

"Aw, you slept well. I know, baby" Jennie chuckles while placing Kuma's dog food and also the water bowl. She walks back to the kitchen counter and takes her already brewed coffee. 

 

 

It has been three days since her break and she did nothing but sleep, somehow she feels more lighter than usual, maybe because she doesn't have anything to do other than laying around. She looks outside her glass sliding window which takes you to the balcony, she smiles unknowingly due to the soft snow falling down. She hates winter and doesn't enjoy the painful coldness that comes with it, but somehow she really wants to go out in the snow.

 

 

Her trance of thoughts disappears into thick air as the bell chimes in her apartment, she looks at her wristwatch and furrows her brows, "Who would it be at 7 am?" 

 

 

The bell chimes again and Jennie puts her cup down at the wooden teatable centered at her living area and heads to open the door. But maybe, she shouldn't have opened it because there lies her bestfriend, Kim Jisoo, with an adorable beanie and a evil smirk.

 

 

"I didn't expect you to be awake at this hour, Jisoo." Jennie turns around and leaves Jisoo be because she knows the girl will find her way in herself. 

 

 

"What tells you that I slept?" Jisoo questions, closing the door and jumping towards the living area and taking a seat on the big white sofa. 

 

 

"Don't tell me you played games all night again?!" Jennie asks, moving to make Jisoo a hot chocolate milkshake. She is able to master it just by making Lisa and Jisoo every time they come by. 

 

 

"You are absolutely right, Jendeuk. I don't have any work this week so what's better than to play games and laugh at miserable dudes online who can't play ." 

 

 

Jennie still can't believe how Jisoo is titled the most innocent celebrity of 2020 in one of the magazine. This girl has a mouth that co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter