Chapter Four: Her space

Limelight (Jenlisa, Chaennie)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

“Happy new year!!” 

 

 

The whole place jumps up and down, Jennie smiles at the guests while heading to the bar area. She looks around for her dear companion; Jisoo but no sight of the brunette. She sighs as she orders some drink and subtly watches the crowd. Jennie didn’t like partying but she couldn’t turn down the invite from one of her close friend. 

 

“Bored?” Jennie turns to find Kai smiling at her. They aren’t close but have greeted eachother in music shows and award shows, so it isn’t that awkward.

 

“Partying is not my thing.”

 

“I can see...Happy new year, Jennie.” Kai orders his drinks while Jennie gets her awaited drink.

 

“Happy new year to you too.”  There’s a stiff silence around them and Jennie chooses to ignore it, she wants to go home already and cuddle with her brown bear. She mindlessly sips her drink and Kai finally starts a conversation not that Jennie was expecting anything at all, “How do you manage publicly dating?”

 

This definitely throws her off because in way she expected that kind of question, she stares Kai while thinking of an answer but he quickly apologizes, “I’m sorry if that’s too forward, I just wanted an experienced person to talk to.”

 

“Are you going to go public with someone?” 

 

Kai chuckles, though nervously, his eyes lost, “hoping to, but this world we live in. I don’t think I’m able to handle it.”

 

“You don’t necessarily have to be public. It’s your choice.” Jennie answers, she remembers when some reporters exposed her and Lisa, which became a very tiring and sensitive subject at one point because of all the hate and backlash but what she remembers is how her family which includes Jisoo, Lisa and her lovely fans supported her, sending countless amount of love via anything they could. Honestly, they’re the whole reason of Jennie surviving that era.

 

“The person I’m dating isn’t a celebrity so it scares the out of me. What if something happens to her because of me? I can’t live with that.” Those are the eyes of sincerity and Jennie feels it, she gives him a small smile while patting his shoulder because she doesn’t have anything to say. She doesn’t know what to say, she at giving advice or helping one with their breakdown. The inly thing she can do is listen and give a hug.

 

Her mobile chimes and she looks down at it, noticing a message from a certain someone which gets her to immediately open it and read the whole content, which leaves her smiling,

 

Roseanne

 

Happy new year, pretty unnie! I’m sorry for sending this so late incase you’re sleeping but you can forgive me right? It’s 2021, you wouldn’t be that mad in the first day of a new year. I just had tons of alcohol mixed sprite with my bandmates and now we’re thinking of running around the street to make this memorable. Also, I’m a fast runner given my long legs ;) this became too long bahaha sorry unnie, tc! 

 

 

It’s very random, her chatting with Rosé has become some sort of a habit ever since they exchanged numbers but what Jennie likes the most is that Rosé knows when to give her space and when to distract her. It hurts her heart a little bit but she can’t help but quickly send a reply,

 

 

I hope that you won’t fall somewhere given the ounce of confident you’re flexing about your long legs. Happy new year too! I’m in this party with my friends which is high-key boring but I’m surviving, I like to think so!

 

 

Oblivious that is, Jennie misses how Kai is staring at her with amusement and he quickly questions her, “I believe that’s Lisa?”

 

After setting her cold and empty glass aside, she raises one brow demanding an explanation to the question in which Kai complies, “You were blushing and smiling too big, not gonna lie; you guys make a hot couple.” 

 

No more clarification is needed because Jennie forces a small laugh, “Definitely her.” 

 

Her mind starts to spin around more and she hastily orders different kind of drinks so she can devour and forget the main reason for her pain these days. Lisa and Rosé, those two have been the main event of her mind and Jennie feels like someone is intentionally doing this to her, trying to destroy her but it’s her own heart torturing her.

 

Another notification flies around and she ignores Kai’s stare as she reads the message which kind of puts her in a tough place as she contemplates,

 

Roseanne 

 

You’re invited to this dark midnight leg run race. Don’t question the name at all :)

 

 

Jennie has always been the type to do things accordingly, no matter how turnable the situation may be, she acts according to her morale and image. Her reputation matters because she’s a top idol and she knows her every moves are monitored, and there’s stalkers and reporters getting paid to leech out from her life, so she likes to stay hidden. 

 

But would you look at her now? She is in the backseat, glancing out the rolled down window while fresh midnight air hits her face and she has to admit it, it feels nice. Her driver hasn’t questioned her or anything which she is thankful for because the amount of alcohol she’s drank is finally kicking her now. She is supposed to go home and rest but instead she is driving to that basement studio, imagining the reaction of a certain blonde when they finally meet again.

 

Her heart throbs as the street is getting near, she tries the breathing session that she does when exercising to calm her nerves and it helps a little but not completely, she goes on to check her device noticing quite a lot of message from Jisoo who she may or may mot have abandoned at the party, she feels guilty so she sends a quick message of apology and a treat to her favorite food.

 

“We’re here, Miss Kim.” Jennie thanks her sweet driver and sighs one last time, opening the car door and walking out of it as the breeze hits her whole body, but she isn’t cold, the alcohol has definitely he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter