The red string of fate

Secret Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

On her way to school, SinB met up with Eunha, “Morning!” The small girl greeted.

“Morning…” responding absentmindedly, SinB’s mind was still focused on that mysterious book that appeared from the sky. If only she could have disregarded it as a dream, but its existence proved that wasn’t the case. Was SinB going crazy? She hoped not, but what did it mean?

“What’s on your mind?” Eunha asked, worrying for her friend’s empty stare.

“Do you remember that weird book from yesterday?” Hoping Eunha would say ‘no’, maybe the book was just something her eomma left in her laundry basket. It was too strange, and she didn’t want to believe that magic, or anything of the sort, existed.

“What about it?”

“It was there, sitting on my bedstand. I wanted to chalk it up to my eomma putting it in my room, but because you remember what happened…” slumping her head, “it means it wasn’t a dream. And that some crazy otherworldly happened.”

“Look at it this way; if I wasn’t there, you might have believed you were crazy.”

“I guess you’re right.” But was that any better?

“What does it mean, though?” The short girl asked,

“What does it matter?” The girl groaned, “I have no interest in that book. I don’t want the world resting on my shoulders; I’m no savior. I’m just SinB.”

“Okay, now you’re acting crazy.” Stopping, SinB fake sobbed.

“Great!” The shorter girl laughed, and the two continued walking.

“You’ll have to tell me more about it later to regain your ‘sanity’ card. We don’t have time to sit around with class starting in,” both girls checked their phones.

“Te-” started Eunha.

“Ten minutes! Eunha, we gotta go!” Nodding, the two girls ran the rest of the way to school, rushing into the hall. SinB halted once she caught sight of Yerin and Yuju. Cursing herself for stopping to look at them, only ruining her already confused mood. Speed walking past them—she didn’t want to be late for class just because of her broken heart.

“SinB, wait up!” Halting mid-step, her breath hitched. Turning, her eyes met with the very girl her heart yearned for.

“W-what’s up, e-eonnie?” She couldn’t fathom what Yerin wanted to talk to her about. Maybe she wants to be friends? No way. She probably just needs some help with homework or something.

“Would you like to walk home with me?” What. Yerin wants to walk home with me!? Is this another dream?? A bunch of weird things were happening, and if SinB didn’t have to head to class, she very much could have fainted right there.

“If you don’t want to, that’s okay.” Concerned about her lack of response, Yerin spoke again.

“N-No! I want to!” Worry overcame SinB after sounding so cheerful. She turned to see Yuju’s reaction, but the girl had a smile on her face and looked at SinB, waving her hand. SinB returned Yuju’s enthusiastic waving with a wary wave of her own.

“Great!” Yerin grinned, clapping her hands together. SinB gave her her full attention, and couldn’t help but smile at the shining girl in front of her. “I look forward to it! I’ll be waiting at the gate after last period, don’t be late!”

“All right.” Spoke SinB.

The two girls stared awkwardly at one another until Yuju walked up to them and shoved her phone into Yerin’s face.

“We have about five minutes to get to class, and I would appreciate it if we weren’t late, babe.”

“A-Ah right, let’s go!” Yerin began, “See you later, SinB.” She said before leaving through the hall.

“Give me that book!” Eunha reached for SinB’s bag.

“W-What?” She pulled away.

“Obviously that book has magical crush-noticing powers! I want it so Sowon eonnie can notice me! Please, please, pretty please?” Flashing her best puppy dog eyes, SinB turned her head to the side and scoffed.

“Even if that book did have magical crush-noticing powers, which it doesn’t, it’s not like I have it with me.”

“Well, shoot.” Eunha sighed.

“You know, you could just tell her how you feel.”

“I’ll tell her when you tell Yerin!”

“Sh-Shut up! They might hear you!”

“They’re already in class; I can assure you they didn’t!”

“Ah, ! Class! Eunha we gotta go!!!”

Class went on as usual, only with a wide grin that never left SinB’s face. Nothing mattered other than the fact that she would walk home with Yerin. While she was still dating Yuju, it didn’t matter considering this was their first interaction since that time.

SinB had a crush on Yerin ever since she saved her from being bullied. SinB was tough, but that didn’t mean she was untouchable. All Yerin did was say something to the boy, and he ran off like a scared cat. It was a sight, and it was the day she fell for Yerin. How could one girl have this much effect on SinB?

Lunchtime came, and that meant she was one step closer to walking home with Yerin. Sitting at her regular table with Eunha, she looked off into the distance, spending more time playing with her food than eating it.

“SinB, 90 degrees,” Eunha spoke.

“What?”

“2 quarters,”

“You’re not making any sense.” SinB snorted.

“Behind you,” the short girl said. Turning her head, SinB met with Yerin. Flustered, she whipped her head back to face Eunha, “W-Why is she coming this way?”

“Hell if I know! Just act natural.”

“Hey!” Chills ran down SinB’s spine as she slowly looked over her shoulder to see the girl she knew would be standing there.

“Yerin, hey!” Eunha spoke cheerfully, staring at SinB with death in her eyes.

“H-Hey… Yerin…” The smile on the girl’s face was enough to make SinB melt. She couldn’t breathe; her hands felt clammy.

“Can I sit here?”

“W-What?” Turning her back towards her, she couldn’t keep looking at Yerin in fear of bursting into a pile of goo. Eunha glared daggers at her.

“I-I mean, of course!” Scooting over, she left room for her crush; she prayed her face wasn’t bright red. Yerin sat next to SinB with the same smile covering her face.

“So, what brings you here?” The flustered girl started. She was excited for the walk home, but this lunch endeavor was not in her schedule, and it threw her for a loop. What was today?

“Well,” the girl began, leaning over the table and giving SinB her full attention. “Since you’re walking me home and we aren’t that close, I thought we could g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter