The book

Secret Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sitting in her seat, SinB scanned the room watching her classmates play, work, study. Her eyes settled to one particular classmate that occupied her thoughts far longer than she should. Deep in her textbook, she looked as stunning as ever—Jung Yerin. Smart, shining, strong; she was the girl of SinB’s dreams, the girl that made her heart soar. Only there was one problem.

“Babe, pay attention to me~” Yuna Choi, or Yuju—Yerin’s girlfriend. She was good at everything: singing, dancing, acting; you name it. In other words—SinB didn’t stand a chance. 

“Hwang Eunbi! Sit up straight! Stop daydreaming! And Yuna Choi, return to your seat at once!” The giggles escaping Yerin’s lips as the two girls were reprimanded left a weird feeling in SinB’s stomach. Lowering her head from embarrassment, she didn’t bother to examine that kiss-’s face. 

“Now, for the next passage, Eunbi, can you tell me what Sarah Good pleaded during the Salem witch trials?”

“Uh…” SinB looked around, unsure of the answer. Sighing, the professor turned to Yuju.

“Choi, can you please answer the question?”

“Teacher, I want to at least give my classmate a chance.” Everyone then turned expectantly to SinB.

“I-I…” Lowering her head further, “I don’t know.” Sighing, Yuju stood.

“I am no more a witch than you are a wizard. If you take my life away, god will give you blood to drink. She refused to plead until the end, and those were her last words.” Yuju spoke.

“Very good. You can learn a thing or two from your classmate, Eunbi.”

“Yes, ma’am..” Slinking deeper into her seat, grumbling in defeat. 

Class went on as usual after that, note taking, a little dozing off, staring off into the distance, and a few glances at Yerin. Lunch was the same, only less note taking and a lot more staring at the star couple.

“SinB,” Sighing, she watched dreamily as the two girls giggled, holding hands, hair …it made her heart ache. 

“Earth to SinB!” The girl snapped her fingers in front of the daydreaming girl at an attempt to get her attention.

“Oh, hey Eunha…” She said lazily.

“Don’t tell me you’re still fawning over that girl.” Slumping over, SinB’s head lie face down on the table. 

“She’s dating Yuju, you know, miss perfect?? Anyone who dates her is not up for the grabs. Quit daydreaming, you’ll never be with Yerin.” 

“I can’t help it.” Muffled speech entered the atmosphere due to SinB’s face being obscured by the table.

“I know, I’ve heard it all before. But seriously, for your own sanity, move on.” Seating herself at the table.

“I can try,” SinB lifted her head, “but I can’t make any promises.” It was easier said than done, SinB had had a crush on Yerin since the start of high school, and it had been three years since then. Call it unrequited, but she felt connected to Yerin.

She spent the rest of the day feeling defeated and like she wasn’t good enough. She looked out the window a lot more, spending much less time looking at Yerin or paying attention in class. Yerin was like a drug. The more SinB looked at her, the more excited she got; the more lively she felt—and forcing herself away from Yerin felt like torture. At the lockers, she met up with Eunha before they began their walk home that was mostly silent. Mostly. Thunder sounded above the two high schoolers, causing a knee jerk reaction within them.

“What the!?” Raising her head, SinB focused on the source of the sound.

“Come on, SinB!” Eunha started, “we should head home before the storm hits!” Grabbing onto her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter