III

Addled

 

 

“So Unnie, I happened to stumble upon this café, which serves good coffee. The interiors are great too. They also have a small library, with books of course, which you can borrow while enjoying your drink. So, it’s not that noisy or we could stay at their verandah. Would you mind coming with me?”
 

“That sounds fun, when are we going?” Mina excitedly replies.

“Up to you Unnie, whenever you’re free. The shop won’t run I think”. Chaeyoung teases her Mina replied with a nose scrunch.

“I’m excited, let’s invite the others” Mina giddily pulls the cub.  Chaeyoung’s face was immediately crestfallen upon hearing those words

” I was hoping, it will be just the two of us, but what’s the harm in inviting the other, right?” Chaeyoung thought.


“Sure Unnie, I’ll invite Jeongyeon Hyung and Dahyunnie.”  She replied instead to mask her down mood.

“That’s great! I’ll invite Sana, and Momo too!”

 

 

 

“You don’t want to deepen your feelings for her, but you keep on hanging out with her. What an irony Chaeng” Dahyun exasperatedly said.
“Let her be. As long as she’s happy” Jeongyeon said. Which really appreciated by the cub. She knew how pathetic that sounds.

“Thanks, Hyung!” she said as she hugs Jeongyeon.

“Just don’t let yourself fall deeper. Wait, don’t you want to confess?” she inquiries to the cub.

“Yeah, we don’t want you to get hurt, but confessing is an option too. Have you thought about it?” Dahyun

“Yeah, thank you both!” Chaeyoung gives them a big hug.

 So you’re both coming, right?” Chaeyoung asked already wearing her puppy eyes. Which normally works for the two but not this time.


“Sorry Chaeng, we’re kind of busy and I have plans with Nayeon later. I mean, maybe it’s the only chance she will be giving me, right?” Jeongyeon replied, really sorry for turning down the cub.


“Oh really? That’s nice! You definitely need to go! After so long of pestering her, maybe she’ll gonna reciprocate your feelings now” the younger exclaimed, forgetting that she needed her Hyungs to come with her because Mina is bringing her friends. But she’s more excited to support her Hyung Jeongyeon.

“Thanks Chaeng! Let’s wish for the best” the older hugs Chaeyoung, being grateful for the cub’s support.


“I think Dahyun could come,” Jeongyeon said pointing to the other one.


“Nah, I can’t, I ~~ I ah ~~” Dahyun tried to think of an alibi, but her mind is blank right now.


“It’s fine Dubu, you don’t have to if you don’t want to. Initially, my plan was that it be only the two of us, then she said to invite others. Then I said, “Sure Unnie, I’ll invite Jeongyeon Hyung and Dahyunnie” Chaeyoung sighs as she told her friends what happened.


“Sorry Chaeng” The two hug the cub to comfort her.


“It’s fine, really. I’ll just say that you both are busy. You’re not part of the plan in the first place.” Chaeyoung said to friends.
“Now, that’s mean” Jeongyeon and Dahyun cry out then playfully beat the cub.

 

Time flies so fast. Chaeyoung and Mina's friendship deepens. They waited for each other when work is over to walk home together. It is so natural as if they planned on doing this every single day. Sometimes, they would go out and have dinner together with only the two of them, or even just hang out. They surely enjoy each other’s company. They even have plans even on weekends.


 

~~~~~~~~~ Morning Break~~~~

 

 

“Hi Unnie, still coming to the Moon’s Café later?” Chaeyoung ask Mina

“Of course, I’ve already promised you, didn’t I?” Mina answers as she fixes herself a coffee.

“Well, I just wanted to make sure. I don’t know, maybe I’m afraid that you’ll gonna ditch me at the last minute just like the last time” there’s a hint of playfulness in Chaeyoung’s sulking. Teasing her unnie.

“Aishh~~ I told you that I am really sorry about that Chaeng, we suddenly had so many jobs to finish that day,” Mina replied guiltily. Maybe she didn’t quite catch the playfulness in our cub’s tone.

” It’s fine Unnie, I was just teasing you. So, see you later?”

Mina answers with a nod and her gummy smile before going back to her station.

 


“You really like her huh?” Chaeyoung’s eyes got 10x bigger as Nayeon startles her with the question.

“Huh? What are you saying Unnie?” she asked, hoping that she didn’t hear her right.
“Say, do you like Mina?” Nayeon decided to straightforwardly ask.

“Uhmm~~ No?” she winced as she realized that she sounded not so sure. ‘Way to go stupid Chaeng’ she scolded herself inside her head.
“Don’t worry, I won’t tell a soul”, Nayeon said giving an encouraging smile after acting as if she’s zipping .

Chaeyoung sighed dejectedly, before giving a soft ‘Yes’, don’t blame her, no one can keep anything from her bunny unnie when she started interrogating.

“I knew it!” Nayeon said in triumph. Chaeyoung immediately looks around in a fear that someone might hear them.
“H-how did you know?”  she inquires.

“What do you mean ‘How did I know?’ It’s all written in your face cub” Nayeon said while mindlessly pointing at the cub’s face.

‘Really?” Chaeyoung asked as she touch her face with both hands, wondering about what Nayeon said.

“Yep! You can even ask Dahyun about it. Anyway, breaktime’s over, let’s get back to work.” Nayeon said leaving behind the cub in deep thoughts.
 

 

 

So, that’s what Chaeyeong did, the next break, she immediately look for a certain Eagle.

“Yo Dahyun Bro” the cub greets as she sits next to her.

“Wassup Chaeng Bro” what brings you here?

“Nothing just wanna stay here”
“Cool. Let me just finish this game” Dahyun replied, eyes on her phone.
“Is it really obvious that I like you know who?” Chaeyoung finally asked Dahyun when the Eagle doesn’t show any sign of finishing the game.
“Huh? Why did you ask? Did someone tell you about it? Dahyun paused her game to give attention to the cub. Which is answered by a small nod from Chaeyoung.
“Nayeon Unnie. She said…” she’s not even finished yet with what she’s about to say when Dahyun answers her question.

“You know Chaeng, your eyes always shine whenever you’re talking with Mina Unnie, dang! You can’t even stop staring at her sometimes. You’re in deep Bro.” Dahyun said tapping the cub’s arm while shaking her head.
“Why? How do I look at Mina Unnie?” Chaeyoung asked. Clueless how she looks like while she’s in front of Mina.
“Like she’s the most precious living thing on earth ever existed”. Dahyun answers.

“Well, she is precious, I think” Chaeyoung mumbles as if she didn’t give affirmation to what Dahyun and Nayeon are saying.

“But I don’t think, It’s not that obvious, that I like her”
“Also, You, Jeongyeon Hyung, and Nayeon Unnie are the only people who knew” she added. Confident that no one knows except those people she talked with about it.  

“I don’t know Chaeng, with the way you look at her, I think everyone in the office knows” Dahyun ends their conversation. That leaves a certain cub still wondering.

 

 

 

A/N: WAAAAHHH!! Nothing. Just being my weird self.