Five More Minutes

Bite Size (one-shot collection)

Originally posted: October 22, 2020

A/N: Inspired by the SinRin cuddle moment from 'GFriend's Memoria' season 1, ep 4.



Yerin casually welcomed herself inside the bedroom shared by the maknaes. Umji, being the early bird that she is, had already woken up, gotten dressed, and was now in the kitchen preparing breakfast for her unnies. As for the second youngest in the group, SinB was still asleep, cocooned in the white comforter. 

 

Yerin closed the door and made her way to the bed. She first tidied up Umji’s side, saving the pillow that was inches away from tipping off the mattress. When that was done, Yerin did not hesitate to climb into bed, burrowing underneath the covers until her body came in contact with SinB’s. Freely, she wrapped an arm around the waist of her blonde beau as her leg clung onto the dancer’s hip. Snuggling into the curves of SinB’s backside, Yerin closed her eyes and inhaled the luscious fragrance of coconut-scented shampoo before exhaling a sigh of contentment. 

 

SinB, seemingly deep in slumber, unconsciously settled into Yerin’s embrace. A small, pleased smile bounced onto the older girl’s lips. 

 

“Eunbi-ya~,” Yerin sweetly whispered into SinB’s ear. The sleeping beauty did not budge. 

 

Yerin didn’t mind. After all, this trip not only served as a fun, little show to entertain Buddies, but it also enabled the group to catch up on some well-deserved sleep and indulge in some ZZZs. 

 

Despite the camera crew waiting for the rest of the members to join Umji, Yerin wasn’t in a rush. The tranquil silence. The cozy bed. The devastatingly gorgeous woman cuddled beside her. Moments like these practically warranted the chance to be excusably lazy. 

 

Lying there, Yerin felt as relaxed as ever. But instead of drifting back to sleep, she found herself rummaging through various thoughts. Truth be told, it had been a while since she and SinB were alone together. Sure, she would occasionally visit the upper dorm, but the time she spent there was more of a group hangout with Sowon and Eunha joining in their conversations or meals. Not that Yerin was annoyed or anything. She missed living with them. But ever since the group moved and half of them relocated to either the lower or upper apartments of their new complex, intimate opportunities between her and SinB had decreased significantly. 

 

Although things had shifted due to the big dorm move, Yerin couldn’t discredit the positive outcomes. Gone were the days of cramped bunk beds and using makeshift shelves in the living room for extra closet space. They each now had their own private quarters. Yerin may be a certified extrovert, but even she enjoyed her alone time and having a place where she could just unwind and recharge. Furthermore, a dorm upgrade is a testament to an idol group’s success. Without a doubt, GFriend had earned many achievements over the years since debut. Thinking even farther back to her pre-debut days, Yerin could never imagine being where she is now. It seems like yesterday when she walked into Source Music’s humble practice room and first saw Hwang Eunbi. Just a middle school girl with thick black hair, full bangs covering her forehead, and eyes filled with the utmost determination. 

 

Things have changed. This much is true. All six of them had gotten older, matured, honed into their skills and specialties yet always challenging themselves. But whenever Yerin looks into those round, hickory orbs of SinB’s, she can still see that same determined gleam. And that alone makes every hardship and sacrifice worth it. 

 

Yerin wasn’t sure how much time had passed, but from the slightest stir of SinB’s head, it had been long enough for the younger of the two to wake up on her own. It was a false alarm, though, as SinB succumbed to the spell of Mr. Sandman. Giggling to herself, Yerin looked over at SinB’s peaceful face. What would it take to finally wake her girlfriend up?

 

A lightbulb blinked on in Yerin’s head. 

 

She pulled the comforter over them even more, completely concealing them from the camera in the corner of the room. Shrouded in darkness, Yerin laid a gentle hand on SinB’s clothed stomach. The lavender, oversized hoodie SinB wore was soft and spongy. Hugging her felt like hugging a plush toy. But now was not the time to think of innocent thoughts. Slowly, Yerin’s palm trailed downward all the way to the opening of the sweatshirt. From there, her fingers stealthily crawled inside, lightly caressing up and down the smooth, bare skin. Fingertips every now and then grazed the indentations of the dancer’s toned torso. Between the lack of oxygen of their little blanket fort and the sensational high that she always got from being so close to her inamorata, Yerin’s breathing became heavier. 

 

She rested her palm on top of SinB’s navel, the warmness of their skin intensifying with each passing second. Stretching out her fingers, Yerin’s pinky came in contact with the waistband of those matching lavender sweatpants. She gulped. Yerin wasn’t sure what to do at this point. Well, she knew what she wanted to do, but it didn’t feel right with SinB still asleep. Using her better judgement, Yerin was about to recoil her hand when a stern, husky voice surprised her out of nowhere.

 

“A centimeter more and I’m cutting your pinky off, Jung Yerin,” SinB warned. She whipped around, meeting Yerin’s deer-in-headlights stare. “Did you forget we’re constantly being filmed?”

 

“Ssshh,” Yerin hushed, “I’m already hooked up to my microphone.”

 

“What?!” SinB sat straight up, unable to control the panic rising in her voice.

 

“I’m kidding! I’m kidding!” Yerin quickly reassured, frantically waving her hands. 

 

Relief washed over SinB’s face. But she was quickly overcome with exhaustion after that early morning heart attack. She glanced at Yerin who smiled at her apologetically. With a disgruntled huff, SinB aggressively laid back down on the bed.

 

“Good morning, SinB-ah~” Yerin tried using her aegyo. But as expected and as proven many times in the past, it had zero effect. Retiring her cutesy charade, Yerin cautiously settled down at a safe distance from the mildly annoyed girl. A moment passed until she got the courage to make conversation. “Did you sleep well?”

 

SinB’s gaze flickered up at Yerin before quickly diverting it to the comforter that was now twisted and tangled. “Yeah, I did,” she answered rather calmly. “Slept like a log as you probably noticed. I just wish we were somewhere more private so I wouldn’t have freaked out when you… you know.” She shyly turned her head away, sensing an uncomfortable warmth rising in her cheeks. 

 

Yerin politely nodded, using all her might to keep herself from grinning.

 

“Are you hungry?” Yerin swiftly changed the topic. “I think Umji is almost finished cooking breakfast.”

 

“I can wait a little longer,” SinB replied, scooting closer to Yerin to the point where their shoulders were touching. She took Yerin’s arm, wrapping herself in it, before laying her head on her girlfriend’s chest. “How about you?” she asked, a sugary lilt in her tone as she played with the neckline of Yerin’s white t-shirt. 

 

“Same,” Yerin squeaked like a boy going through puberty. Embarrassed, she cleared . “I mean, um, same,” she repeated, her voice returning to normal. 

 

“How about we wait five more minutes until we head back to reality?” SinB suggested. 

 

Yerin looked down at SinB. Without a care in the world, she kissed the top of her girlfriend’s head. “Five more minutes,” she agreed, smiling as wide as she could. In response, SinB rubbed her cheek against Yerin like a kitten. 

 

Things are bound to change. But they knew, in both of their hearts, that the one thing that would remain constant is the love they have for each other.