Love

Our Reality

Just a quick note: near the end, it will get extremely cringy but it's just for the sake of the story lmaoo and dw too much about, it'll get better right after the cringy part. Also for reference, go listen to Baek Yerin's cover of la la la love song, it's really good! 

 

 

 

Another day, another week. It’d been a while since the show from the last dance competition. Everyone was thoroughly unamused with what happened, but can’t say they didn’t like the result since many started dyeing their hair as well. Pretty soon, it began looking like something out of a Trolls movie. Not that it was a bad thing, rather it made the town even more vibrant than ever. It was a place where they could just be themselves, even better since no one was there to pass judgement, thus creating the perfect community to be a part of. After that night, everyone grew closer as an overall unit, preferring to lean to the more optimistic side of things. From that night on though nuisances would result in consequences, leading to the establishment of cells. That was the warning, but if they were lucky enough, there would be a second chance. Besides that inconvenience though, the tide of peace hadn’t yet shifted. And speaking of which, twenty new people arrived in town, once again, getting the girls’ message. Like always, it called for a celebration as the population now reached 197. This was a huge accomplishment for them since they brought so many despondent kids together, hoping maybe one day they’ll take back the world that’d exiled them. Meanwhile, in happier news, Soeun and Jisung were now on good terms, occasionally hanging out together after she introduced him to the girls. Their friend group had since grown in size, constantly playing games at the arcade, taking group photos in the carnival, working together either in the motor, garage or auto shop, as well as keeping things in check. 

However, today had a special air about it. Ruann announced that there would be a talent show tomorrow night, which intrigued many to participate in the performances or just join as spectators. To her surprise though, the sign up list was filled to the brim with names. This might've even turned chaotic, but a dash of that was to be expected. Jisung helped the Weeekly band prepare their showcase, giving suggestions for lyrics, even playing some melodies to test things out. After a few hours, they created a somewhat short song that was surely going to gain lots of support. Though in the meantime, the group planned for something else that would be a great surprise later on. For now they sang back and forth, going crazy when a heavy metal song came up in Monday’s playlist. Only god knew why she downloaded a three minute MP3 file of mere screaming. Next thing they knew it was the afternoon, but since there was another pinball event at the carnival again, they knew it was going to be crowded. The girls decided to join as well, but Soeun and Soojin decided to stay home for the day, having had enough fun earlier. They were both staying in their room, the younger girl scrolling through social media on her phone while the other mindlessly watched some television.

 

“How’s the old TV show working for you?” Soojin jokingly rolled her eyes at the tease.

“Probably better than social media.” 

Soeun gasped dramatically, placing a hand on her chest. “I’m offended.” 

She laughed. “This show is actually interesting, despite being from," Soojin looked closer, "1994.”

“What’s it about?” 

“About teen drama, ‘the turmoils of growing up and maturing.’ It also includes cheesy romance in there.” 

“Hm, must be nice.” 

Soojin sighed and laid down next to Soeun. “Sure, if an angsty breakup is considered that.” This was when she looked at the screen, slightly wincing when some guy dumped the main character and made her ugly cry in the bathroom.

“Yikes. The acting is really on par though.” 

“True. I just hope the situation doesn’t get any worse than it already is.” Then, the next episode cued up and the protagonist found herself a new partner for some homecoming party, both of them dancing slowly to a soft, jazz piece that set the serene feeling. Soojin gazed at the two getting lost in each other’s eyes, something she always felt staring at Soeun. And despite the girls teasing, the moment was still enjoyable. 

Soeun, on the other hand, froze while watching the television as her blushing grew brighter and brighter. She cleared , subtly facing away from Soojin because one look at her might make her ascend to heaven. “So, um…the music is nice.” 

“Y-yeah, really nice.” They both briefly remained silent shortly after, unsure of what else to say. But even the thought about having a small moment to themselves like the one in the show, that alone encouraged the two just a little more. 

“Wanna dance with me?” Soojin and Soeun asked each other simultaneously. Upon realizing what just happened, they immediately burst into laughter while getting off the bed. 

“Great minds think alike, it seems.” 

“Indeed they do.”

 

Soojin muttered before wrapping her arms around Soeun’s shoulders, while the other hesitantly held her by the hips, telepathically asking if this felt comfortable. She smiled and nodded before closing her eyes as Soeun did the same shortly after. They both leaned their foreheads against each other, then gently swayed left and right to the music, enjoying their little, intimate moment. It felt like a dream come true almost; Soojin always wondered what this would feel like after having watched romance shows often with family. Hearing about how her parents met for the first time and what their date was like had her mind racing every time. That, followed with the crush towards the younger girl never failed to make her heart rate drastically increase. Soeun was never particularly interested in dating nor any cheesy lovey dovey stuff like this, but meeting Soojin those months ago while back in the camp changed everything. And wow, was she missing out on a lot. No wonder Lucy and the others always talked about it. Of course, Soeun took a while to get in terms with her feelings, but talking with the girls really helped. They may be relentless in teasing, but not a single one of them hesitated to give advice. She found herself relating to Monday’s struggle with her own crush on Jiyoon. Though shocking enough, both of them had actually discussed it and were now taking things slowly. So, despite how much she liked Soojin, it’d be best if they did the same thing as well: starting with baby steps, then see how things would go from there. About a minute later, Soeun gazed at Soojin lovingly as they both got lost in each other’s eyes.

 

 


 

 

One day later.

 

It was finally time for the big talent show, many either lined up backstage for the first half of the act while others tried finding seats somewhere behind the roller skating area. As the stage was getting ready, Jaehee, Jihan, May and Lucy were waiting behind curtains, warming up their vocals and going over some dance moves. The two best friends were going to be the opening performance, their friends greatly anticipating it. Though before the talent show really began, everyone was still going around getting some food and drinks, kids still setting things up (let’s all pretend some girl did not just accidentally knock one of her friends out cold while juggling) etc. Jisung was also in the back to help monitor performers while wishing them all good luck. Things took about ten minutes before beginning as lights dimmed, then turning off completely. The spotlight immediately shined on the announcer from the dance competitions, first fixing his tie before speaking.

 

“Good evening, all! My name is Samuel Kim and I’m hoping everyone is doing well so far?” He held out his mic to the audience and they all immediately shouted yes. “Awesome, awesome! Tonight is going to blow our minds because everyone behind these curtains are the best performers I’ve personally ever seen. So sit back and relax, and let the show begin!” 

 

With another round of applause, they immediately opened up the stage, with Jihan and Jaehee standing ten feet from each other, patiently waiting for the song. When it finally began, they immediately began tap dancing while staying in sync to match with the enthusiastic jazzy beats. Jihan sang the first verse before it went back and forth between them, their joyful performance drastically lightening up everyone’s mood, hence why they were perfect for the opening act. Minutes later, the two finished with a finale, raising hands into the air while singing the last long, high note for a grand ending. After more loud cheering and applause, Jihan and Jaehee both got down from the stage, going behind the curtains. Samuel came back out to compliment their performance, earning eager agreements from the audience. Soon enough, the rest of the show continued along and truth be told, everyone was blown away from the sheer talent of the participants. One had speedily painted a large portrait of the forest within minutes, several doing taekwondo moves, others performed a short comedic gag that had the audience laughing in tears, and so on. The night was pretty fun to say the least as everyone was enjoying themselves. Before they knew it, the first half of the talent show finished, so now there was a ten minute break. This allowed the girls to regroup with other friends.

 

“You guys were fantastic up there!” Zoa exclaimed to the two kids.

“T-thanks, it was Jaehee’s idea actually.” She playfully rolled her eyes at the shyness, but continued being humble. 

“Our idea. And we’re glad you guys liked it!”

“You did really great! They were smart to make you guys perform first.”

“Well, that and because I was nervous, so I wanted to get it over with.” Jihan timidly rubbed her neck. 

“No worries, you were brave up there.” Soojin reassured her. While they continued conversing, Soeun telepathically reminded everyone, except a certain someone, about the plan, before Monday spoke up.

“Hey, why don’t we all hang out in the skating rink for a bit? To kill time.” 

“Sure! Let’s go.” Ruann nodded before putting on her roller skates, then followed May and Lucy with everyone else close behind. 

“I’ll catch up with you and the others in a bit.” Soeun informed Soojin, who nodded. She then turned to Jisung. “You got everything ready?” 

“Yeah. I told Yedam that Soojin noona was here so he could confess to her.”

She burst out into laughter. “Please tell me you ‘helped’ him with the lyrics.” 

“Oh, yeah. That is definitely taken care of.”

 

For the second act, it was just as amazing as the previous one, all of them putting out performances that were beyond incredible. No one would’ve expected their community to be so talented, the next performance being more awe inspiring than the last. The audience remained invested, willing to cheer on for anyone displaying their artistry. While the gigs continued, Monday, Jiyoon, and Zoa had to go backstage and get ready, with Soeun subtly following them while making an excuse to Soojin that she was going to the bathroom. As more spectacular performances carried on, all of them stood out in their own spotlight: a whole orchestra playing the Darthvader theme song, a bunch of Greens crafting a ten feet tall Gundam figurine in minutes, bakers doing a fun cooking competition, even giving macaron samples to some lucky audiences, and the list just goes on and on. After all of this, one particular performer eagerly hopped on stage for his show, smiling brightly. Needless to say…Soojin was utterly shocked, even the others despite them secretly being in the plan as well.

 

“Wassup, ladies and gents? It’s your boy, Bang Yedam and tonight, I’m gonna dedicate this rap song to a very special little lady.” And to her horror, he pointed right at her, making everyone look towards the direction before they all ooed and did flirty whistles. This couldn’t get any worse, right? It did. So much worse. The moment Yedam his large portable radio, which cued up a hip hop piece that sounded like it came from the late 80s…he started rapping about her.

 

“Uh, aye, what’s up? My heart is poundin’, the beats be soundin’, add a bit o’ numbers, I can start roundin’. Once upon a time when I saw this princess, I look at her and went like wow she real pretty. So what I gotta do to get her attention? I’m the sickest badass but yet she don’t see me. Let’s hit up that beat, cuz now I will say: you my queen, I’m ya king, let’s rule this world. Together you and me, we’re perfect for each other. No one can step between us, the peeps know that. Go out with me and I’ll give you what you want. So don't’ hesitate, cuz you da one for me.”  

 

Immediately after finishing, Yedam dropped his mic on stage. This left everyone silent for a brief moment before laughing at him while cheering at the same time, while Soojin remained thoroughly unamused. He thought this was a good thing before walking off stage and behind the curtains, where he saw Soeun and her friends still looking astonished. Yedam then had the nerve to walk up to her. “I totally captured Soojin’s heart out there, so whatever crap show you got now will be worthless.” 

“You’re very confident, aren’t you? Let’s see if you’re still the ‘sickest badass’ after this, Bang Yedam.” Soeun smirked before walking out onto stage with the band. Since the lights were still turned off, Soojin couldn’t see that she was there.

Samuel appeared in the spotlight once more, clearing his throat after laughing so much. “Well, that sure was some performance, huh?” The audience chuckled. “The time has finally come, my friends: the last show for this amazing event. I’m sure you may feel down, hoping for more, but this will not disappoint you. Last but not least, we have our favorite rock band, Weeekly, specially featuring main singer, Park Soeun!!” Everyone immediately erupted into loud cheering, while Soojin stood there completely speechless upon hearing the younger girl’s name, not even realizing the curtains had been drawn back. And there she was, looking back at her with dreamy eyes. 

“This song is a personal favorite between me and my friends. We share with you all as I’m going to show you how much of an honor it is for me to sing this for someone I hold dearly in my heart.” Soeun smiled at Soojin, who was already close to tearing up. Getting ready to use the DJ booth, Zoa gave her the cue to start singing.

 

まわれ まわれ メリーゴーラウンド

もうけして止まらないように,

動き出したメロディー.

 

LA LA LA LA~ LA LA~ LOVE SONG~

 

The start immediately made Soojin's heart rate drastically increase. Monday and Jiyoon smiled at her reaction, continuing to play their bass and keyboard. Soeun’s voice was absolutely made for this song.

 

ドシャ降りの午後を待って 街に飛び出そう

心に降る雨に 傘をくれた君と.

 

「まっぴら!」と横向いて 本音はウラハラ

でも そのままでいい お互いさまだから.

 

Monday and Jiyoon harmonized with her. 

 

めぐり会えた奇跡が,

涙の色を変えた.

 

息がとまるくらいの, 甘いくちづけをしようよ

ひと言もいらないさ, とびきりの今を.

勇気をくれた君に, 照れてる場合じゃないから

言葉よりも本気な.

 

LA LA LA LA~ LA LA~ LOVE SONG~

 

After the first verse, Zoa stayed to operate the booth, while Soeun, Monday and Jiyoon carefully got down from the stage, their roller skates still on before they rode around the rink, playing their instruments as she continued singing her heart out.

 

知らぬ間に落としてた 小さなかけらを

隙間なく抱きよせ 肌でたしかめあう.

 

宇宙の見えない夜,

かまわない 君が見える.

 

まわれ まわれ メリーゴーラウンド

もうけして止まらないように

動き出したメロディー.

 

LA LA LA LA~ LA LA~ LOVE SONG~

 

とめどなく楽しくて やるせないほど切なくて

そんな朝に生まれる 僕なりの LOVE SONG.

 

ためいきの前に ここにおいでよ.

(Before you heave a sigh, come over here.)



As Soeun was singing this last part of the verse, her eyes locked onto Soojin, smiling as she slowly skated closer towards her. This was Jihan and Jaehee’s cue to push the older girl into the rink, easily doing so since she still had her roller skates on. Afterwards, the two, including Ruann, May, Lucy and Jisung, joined everyone else. Thankfully, there was no more need to sing as Soojin immediately accepted Soeun’s hand, leading her inside so they both could dance together for the rest of the song. While having a sweet moment to themselves, their friends were having fun around them, also doing their own thing. Nearing closer to the end, Soeun gazed into her eyes again, just like last night, except she was silently asking for permission, though without having to use telekinesis. It was something that would ultimately seal their relationship…and how could Soojin say no to that? This was what she dreamed of for so long. Then, right as the song ended, Soeun leaned in right after Soojin softly nodded, and they both finally kissed as nothing interrupted them this time. Everyone instantly roared in cheers, extremely happy for the two. Their friends were definitely the loudest of the bunch, hopping around in the roller skates like dorks. Jisung subtly glanced over at Yedam and wished he'd brought his phone to capture the boy's appalled expression. Everything about it was so priceless, then it quickly morphed into anger as he stormed out of the building, no one noticing it but Jisung. It was rightfully deserved after all. Soeun and Soojin finally separated from their kiss, both smiling widely with a mix of shyness and happiness, embracing each other shortly after. They were finally official.