Maybe...

Maybe It's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A strange unknown feeling brewed inside Hyukjae and Donghae the more they explored their feelings for each other. Their relationship started out slow as they tried to get over their own awkwardness. Heechul rolled his eyes at them whenever he saw Hyukjae shyly glance at Donghae while the other peered back at him with a small side smile lingering on their lips. It was cute but unbearable. 

"Aish! Yah!" Heechul slammed his hand on top of his opened book startling Donghae and Hyukjae who was sitting across him. "Flirt somewhere else! I can't focus on what I'm studying."

Donghae and Hyukjae blinked then blushed then furrowed their eyebrows together as they attempted to refute Heechul's words but all they managed to do was look at each other and gaped at Heechul like fish out of water. 

"Hyung!" Hyukjae ended up yelling just to cover up his embarrassment but the way his cheeks turned red was a dead giveaway of how embarrased he was. "Gosh! You're so annoying!"

"What?!" Heechul yelled, then out of instinct grabbed the closest thing he could find -- which was the pen he was using to write his notes with -- and chucked it Hyukjae's way. "You brat! How can you talk to your hyung that way!?"

Hyukjae easily dodged the pen that Heechul threw his way then proceeded to stick his tongue out at him like a child. 

"You !"

"You more!" 

"I like Leeteuk hyung more than you!" 

Heechul widened his eyes and grabbed the small throw pillow behind him and threw it at Hyukjae, who caught it with ease. 

"Yeah? Well, I like Kyuhyun more than I like you!" 

"No, you don't." Hyukjae refuted with confidence and mirrored Heechul's smirk just to annoy him even more. "Everyone knows I'm way better than Kyuhyun."

Donghae, who has remained quiet and to himself for most of the brother's fight, decided to break his silence and shut the book he was reading quite loudly to get both of their attention. Both Hyukjae and Heechul jumped at the sudden noise and looked at him with identical surprised looks. 

"You're both acting like children." Donghae said directly. "Can't we spend one night together without you two barking at each other?"

Heechul and Hyukjae briefly looked at each other before pointing at each other and, at the same time, accusing each other of being at fault. 

"He started it!" 

They paused and glared at each other before continuing. 

"No, I didn't!"

Donghae had to bite his lower lip to stop himself from laughing out loud at the siblings current telepathic synchrosy. 

"Yah! Stop copying me!"... 

"You stop copying me!"...

"Yah! Stop it!"...

"DONGHAE!"

Heechul and Hyukjae both yelled the last part that startled the other so much he felt his heart leap out of his chest at the way they suddenly screamed his name. The latter placed a hand over his chest before slowly shaking his head at the quarreling duo. 

"You brat!" Heechul hissed and grabbed Donghae's right arm, tugging him up to his feet and pulling him close to his side. "Donghae's my best friend! Of course he'll side with me."

Hyukjae huffed and growled very quietly, and without giving it a second thought he grabbed Donghae's left arm and with as much strength as he could muster, he pulled him to his side. "He's my boyfriend now. He'll side with me." Like a pro, Hyukjae looked at Donghae with wide eyes and a shaky lower lip to conjure up his infamous kicked puppy look that always got him out of trouble. "Hae-ah~ Heechul hyung is being mean to me. Make him stop~." 

Donghae laughed quietly and easily wrapped his arms around Hyukjae's shoulders as he brought him in for a snugged cuddle while shaking his head at his childishness. His eyes ventured towards Heechul, who waas glaring at him pretty hard, and wasn't able to help the soft chuckle that came out of him. 

"Yah, what's the matter with you?" 

"Just because I'm cool with you two dating doesn't mean I'm cool with you touching my baby brother like that." Heechul said with a very light sneering looking. 

Hyukjae smiled amusingly hearing his overprotective brother's words and, because he was in a spiting mood, slid his arms tight around Donghae's waist while giving Heechul a knowing sideway look with a matching sly smirk on his lips. The elder brother recognized that bratty look Hyukjae sported and readied himself for whatever shenanigan Hyukjae was about to throw his way. 

"What's wrong, hyung? Don't you know Donghae's going to take my ity away?"

Donghae and Heechul's eyes both widened and nearly bugged out of their eyes. 

"WHAT?!" The duo screamed together and Hyukjae had to use every single amount of self-control in his body to not lose it right then and there. 

Instead, he feigned an offended look and pulled away from Donghae. 

"What? You don't want to?"

"Huh? N-No! I-I mean, yes, of course I do!" Donghae stumbled out, his words mixed together as he was completely caught flabbergasted at the unexpected question Hyukjae gave him, but then realized the implications of what he just said, and looked at Heechul, who's shocked expression almost matched his horrified one. "Wait! No! No! That's not what I meant -- Heechul-ah, hang on. Hear me out." Donghae's hands were shaking in front of him as he slowly tried to back away from Heechul's growing predatory look. He knows that look. No matter what Heechul says later, in that moment, he wasn't Heechul, Donghae's best friend; he was Heechul, Hyukjae's big brother and the guy who would beat up and kill if needed anyone who hurt his little brother. 

Hyukjae had completely stepped back and let his brother chase Donghae around their house with one of their couch pillows as his weapon. His attention back on the calculus homework he needed to finish for the night as he completely ignored Donghae's scream for help and Heechul's yell of  "You'll touch him over my dead body!"

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

"Yah! It's not funny!"

Donghae yelled and scowled at Hyukjae who was too busy holding his stomach and laughing out loud to hear what he just said. The former just let out a long groan of frustration and turned his head away from Hyukjae. Hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter