Will you be mine?

Maybe It's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Heechul and Donghae were both lazily lounging around their dorm room, completely exhausted from studying all week for their midterm exam. Heechul immersed himself on his computer, typing away and completely immersed in finishing his paper that's due to be submitted in three hours. Donghae, on the other hand, was just laying on his back, basically hanging upside down on his bed as he scrolled through his instagram feed looking at random things people posted. His finger scrolling up on his screen aimlessly until his eyes landed on something, or rather someone interesting. 

It was a photo Hyukjae posted yesterday of him eating with his friends in the cafeteria. The cafeteria food he was supposed to eat for lunch looked sloppy, frail, and not at all edible. However, Donghae's interest didn't lie on the garbage-like sandwich they call food in the the cafeteria, but rather on Hyukjae who sported a funny look that was a mix of disgust and despair while he pointed at said sandwich. His two friends who were standing on either side of him was doing a similar expression and pose but Donghae's eyes only remained on Hyukjae. A fond smile appeared on his face and before he knew what he was doing, he was already pressing the heart photo on Hyukjae's post and reading the caption. 

Silver_Jewel: Gross! Someone feed me edible food T^T #Illloveyouforever #Illdieifieatthis #ummapackmelunch

Donghae scrolled back up a little to look at Hyukjae's silly photo and was so immersed in smiling at his cuteness that it completely took him by surprise when the pain of Heechul's pillow suddenly smacked the side of his face. He yelped and dropped his phone on his face causing him to groan even louder from the pain. He rolled to his stomach and looked up from his bed to glare at Heechul who was just leaning against his chair and giving him an unamused look. 

"Yah! What the ?! Why are you attacking me!?"

Heechul rolled his eyes at Donghae and swiveled his chair around so that he was back to looking at his computer. "Idiots like you need to get hit over the head repeatedly so you'd wake up from your day dream."

Donghae pouted and reached for his phone on the floor. "I wasn't even doing anything."

"I can feel your icky love vibes radiating off you." Heechul muttered before he resumed typing the rest of his paper. "It's distracting."

Donghae furrowed his eyebrows together and just turned his phone on to see if Hyukjae's picture was still there. He frowned with slight disappointment when his photo has now been replaced by a picture of a cat trying to fit itself inside a flower vase. Donghae turned his phone off and dropped his phone to the side before sitting up on his knees and looking at Heechul. No words were exchanged between them as he simply stared and watched Heechul intently with his eyes. It went on like that for about thirty more seconds before Heechul was cursing under his breath and grabbed for the nearest weapon he could find (in this case, the pen he's been using all day to take notes with for his paper) and chucked it at Donghae.

"Yah! I'm trying to finish my paper!" Heechul complained at the chuckling Donghae who found it amusing that a simple stare could bother him so. "What do you want?!"

"Let's go on a trip." Donghae suggested out of nowhere.

"What?" Heechul asked annoyed and confused as to what Donghae actually wanted to do. 

"Midterms are done and we have a three-day weekend this week. Let's go to the beach."

Heechul was quiet for a few seconds as he analyzed the meaning of Donghae's words in his head. This wasn't the first time the other spontaneously suggested they do something random. As a matter of fact, most of the things they've done together was beccause Donghae was so spontaneous and would get random urgest to do something or go somewhere at the most inopportune of times. 

"Why do you want to go to the beach?"

Donghae shrugged his shoulders as an answer and jutted his lower lip out in thought. "I don't know. I just wanna do something fun. We don't have to go anywhere far."

Heechul rolled his eyes at him and just turned away to resume his work. He now had less than two hours to submit his paper and he still needed three more pages before he could consider it complete. "Who's coming with us?" Heechul asked while rapidly typing away on his laptop. He didn't have to turn to know that Donghae sported the biggest grin on his face. He could just tell from the way he heard his bed bounce to the loud happy glee in his voice. 

"Okay! I'll text Leeteuk, Siwon, and Shindong hyung right now." 

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

Friday Afternoon*

Heechul walked inside his family home completely drained from surviving his midterm week. He dragged his bag of laundry behind him and carelessly threw his shoes off by the entrance of their home before slipping on a random mismatched pair of slippers. 

"I'm home!" Heechul called out but then frowned when he was met with silence. That was until he saw Hyukjae peek his head out of the kitchen twirling around a bowl of ramen at hand. 

"Oh. Hyung, you came home." he greeted with mild surprise. "I thought you weren't supposed to come home until next week?"

"I'm not, but some things came up and I came to get some things." Heechul dropped his laundry bag down next to their living room couch and walked around the house, listening in at every corner and trying to figure out why it was so quiet. "Where's Umma and Appa?"

"They're out of town." Hyukjae informed then loudly slurped on his noodles.

"Out of town?" Heechul repeated perplexed. "Where did they go?"

Hyukjae was still chewing on his food so he just shrugged his shoulders at Heechul's question before plopping himself down on the couch and turning the television on. Heechul furrowed his brows together in confusion and took the space next to Hyukjae. 

"Are you here by yourself?"

"Mmm!" Hyukjae nodded and then took another big scoop of noodles to slurp on. His mouth was full of ramen noodles that his cheeks puffed out on both sides. 

"They left you!?"

Hyukjae scowled at Heechul's tone and pouted his lips once he had swallowed his food down. "I'm not a child, Hyung. I don't need to be supervised anymore."

"How long are they gonna be gone for?"

Hyukjae looked up at the ceiling as he tried to remember what his mother said. "I think...the whole weekend? She said they'll be back by dinner time on Sunday but that if they're not here by 5:30, I should eat ahead without them."

"What the ?!" Heechul cursed, just completely bewildered at the brand new information he heard. "Why the hell didn't they tell me they were gonna be gone this weekend?"

Hyukjae shrugged his shoulders again and shifted his attention back on the TV. "I guess they didn't think you would've minded. You weren't supposed to come home this weekend anyway so they probably thought you wouldn't notice."

Heechul tried not to take offense in Hyukjae's words but it was hard not to feel offended when he just found out that his family has been keeping him out of the loop just because he was not technically living at home anymore. He heaved a sigh of frustration out and slumped his back against the couch and crossed his arms against his chest, very much like how a child would after finding out they were not getting ice cream after eating their vegetables. Hyukjae glanced to his left where Heechul was currently sulking and chuckled quietly. Despite him being older, Heechul definitely acts like a spoiled baby the most. 

"You didn't tell me why you came home though." Hyukjae pointed out. "Why are you here?"

Heechul groaned and leaned his head back suddenly feeling lazy and exhausted. "Ugh. Right. I have to go pack some clothes."

"Pack clothes?" Hyukjae tilted his head to the side curiously and blinked. "For what?"

"Donghae wants to spend our three-day weekend at the beach so we're gonna go to Haeeundae tonight with some others."

Hyukjae's ears perked up and whether it was the idea of the beach or Donghae, Heechul couldn't tell for sure. 

"Can I come?" The younger asked excitedly. 

Heechul rolled his eyes and pushed himself off the couch. "No," he answered then walked to his room. Hyukjae whined loudly and just placed his bowl of ramen on top of the living room coffee table before running after Heechul inside his room. He pushed his way inside right before he could close the door on him and immediately jumped on top of the bed. 

"Hyung!" Hyukjae whined loudly. "Let me come! Please~!"

Heechul groaned and just grabbed his duffel bag from underneath his dresser and some random clothes he wanted to wear at the beach. "It's just gonna be me with my friends, Hyuk. You're not gonna have any fun."

"What? That's not true!" Hyukjae argued and Heechul knew he said the wrong thing as soon as he said it. As much as he hated to admit it, Hyukjae actually got along great with his friends. Specially with Leeteuk and Shindong. Sometimes, he thinks that they're actually a lot closer to each other than they were with him. "Leeteuk hyung and Shindong hyung adores me! Besides, I'm sure Siwon wouldn't mind it if I got close to him too." Hyukjae's voice was teasing, and even though Heechul knew he was just joking around, he still threw the ugly blue sweater he was holding at Hyukjae. 

"Yah! Stop trolling around my friends and get your own."

Hyukjae didn't bother to throw the sweater back at him since now he really really wants to join them at the beach. "Hyung! Come on, please. I'll be nice. I'll behave! I promise." Hyukjae jutted his lower lip out and looked at Heechul with his best and most pitiful set of puppy eyes. "Please, hyung. Bring me with you."

Heechul was doing a great job ignoring Hyukjae but the two seconds he took to give him an annoyed look was all it it took for his resilience to disappear. Pursing his lips together and scrunching his face into a painful look, he reluctantly gave in to Hyukjae's wish. "You have twenty minutes before they get here to pick me up."

"Yes!" Hyukjae jumped and hugged Heechul. "You're the best Hyung ever!"

"Aish! Yah! Hurry up and pack your stuff. I'm not making my friends wait for you."

Hyukjae giggled and gave Heechul one last squeeze before releasing him and bouncing off to his own room and pack. Heechul shook his head side to side at his brother's silly antics before smiling to himself. He looked out towards his bedroom door and made sure that Hyukjae was nowhere in sight before taking his phone out of his pocket and texting Donghae. 

To: Fish Face
I have a suprise for you ;)

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

Saturday Afternoon*

Donghae really should have known better when Heechul said he had a surprise for him. He's been friends with him for more than six year

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter