THREE 三

Flame of Seulgi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The week before…

Despite feeling proud about being able to take down those punks by herself, Seulgi can’t help but worry about Sooyoung. The poor girl must be traumatized as she didn’t show up to class on Monday, the first day of school week after that unfortunate incident.

Earlier this day, when Seulgi was on her way to class, she heard students mumbling things about her. It isn’t unusual, in fact, she’s used to it. But when other people are involved, that’s another story. Seulgi wanted to scream at them, to tell them to mind their own business. However, she also realized that her action might affect Sooyoung so she remained mum.

Seulgi is often spotted doing weird stuff during classes. Like, if you remember that Naruto episode where the genins take their written exams but they end up using ninjutsu to cheat. Seulgi often tries to “activate” her byakugan, the eye technique which allows user to have some sort of x-ray vision. Unfortunately, the endeavor ends up with her either looking like a dumb owl or dropping a deadly, explosive fart.

However, if you pay attention to her right now, you’d notice she’s deep in thought than usual. For the first time, she isn’t thinking about ninja stuff and training. Heck, she even forgot to wear her forehead protector.

She thinks that maybe, if she stayed away from Sooyoung, none of this would have happened. Maybe the girl would be in school now, still being her usual, cheerful, and kind of narcissistic self.

When the bell rang, signaling the end of today’s classes, Seulgi eventually makes up her mind to visit Sooyoung and apologize for everything. As she makes her way to the gates of their school, she spots a group of students crowding a corner.

Stealthily, but most probably they were too busy looking at the phone held by one of them, Seulgi approaches them and takes a peek at the screen.

These punks…

“Park Sooyoung’s image is forever ruined if people see she’s hanging out with that weirdo.” One laughed while they were scrolling through pictures of them walking together.

“Delete it.” Seulgi’s monolids sharpen as she threatens the guy that took their picture last time.

“What the-?!” They all dispersed in fear when they heard the menacing voice.

“, i-it’s her- the freak!“ Another screams and one by one they run in different directions, leaving the poor guy who took the picture. 

“Do I have to repeat myself?” Seulgi grabs the collar of the guy holding the phone.

“Leave me alone!” The boy manages to free himself from Seulgi’s grip but he fails to catch his phone first.

“s…” Seulgi scrolls through his gallery and makes sure every photo of Sooyoung and her is deleted. She hopes they haven’t been shared to other chat groups or forums.

When she’s done, she throws the mobile phone to the direction of the scrambling perpetrator. She credits her shuriken training for that awesome pitch.

“Strike, !”

 She checks the time on her watch. “Okay, I better go to Sooyoung’s before it gets dark.”

xXx

While on her way to Sooyoung’s, Seulgi becomes fidgety. She doesn’t know how to approach Sooyoung. She just wants to apologize to her, although it is not her entire fault. She’ll also tell Sooyoung that she caught the one that took their pictures together and already deleted them.

Her deep thoughts were disrupted when she heard the sound of a crane carrying a heap of steel bars.

“Oh no!” Seulgi becomes alert when the main load line snaps, dropping the steel bars. She runs as fast as she can to push the girl away so she won’t get hit. “Hey! Get away!”

“What?!” The said girl looks back but things happened too fast that the only thing she saw is the girl whose half body was crushed by the steel bars. She even has no idea about the danger she could have faced instead.

“Oh my God! Kang Seulgi!” The girl she saved is none other than, Bae Joohyun, who shouts in panic as the blood pools around Seulgi’s head.

“You… know me?” Seulgi asks with half-lidded eyes albeit the answer is obvious. It is apparent that she’s famous, for the, you know, not-so-normal reasons. However, she can barely make out the other person’s visage due to rapid blood loss. Well, it’s not like she will recognize Joohyun anyway because she’s unaware of her surroundings.

“Someone call the ambulance please!” A bystander shouts. Alarmed, some ran to find help nearby.

“What the hell were you doing?! You might die, stupid!” Joohyun berates Seulgi for acting foolishly. She fishes her handkerchief in her pocket in attempt to control the bleeding on Seulgi’s head.

Although Seulgi is on the verge of her demise, Seulgi manages to keep an eye open, barely though. She can feel it, her life force slowly draining. Soon, her vision blacks out but it’s quickly replaced by a mesmerizing imagery.

“Stunning… princess…”

Seulgi murmurs as a young girl with long, jet black hair wearing a pink kimono patterned with sunflowers lovingly smiles at her as she lies on the ground. The “princess” places her hands on Seulgi’s chest, which rises as soon as it falls to compensate for the oxygen deprivation caused by the blood loss.

At least she’s gonna die in peace, Seulgi pensively smiles at the thought.

Feeling the last drop of life leave her body, Seulgi closes her eyes and waits for the grim reaper or whoever to fetch her and take her to the underworld.

Just when she’s ready to embrace dea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter