ONE ー

Flame of Seulgi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Seulgi, my dear, wake up! You have school today!” The said girl hears a manly voice shouting from the kitchen. Her room’s walls are quite thin, plus, she claims she has supernatural hearing.

 

“Appa, there’s no need to shout. I can hear you loud and clear even if you just whisper.” Seulgi answers as she makes her bed. She then grabs her towel and enters the bathroom to get ready for school.

 

Before she heads out of her room, she reaches for the handle of her cabinet and takes out some stuff from a black box. “I can’t wait to show them these today.” She grins proudly as she stuffs them inside her backpack.

 

A burly man in his 50s greets Seulgi in the living room. “Your lunch, my dear.” He hands the bento to the fully-dressed student as he kisses the top of her head.

 

“Appa, I told you to stop doing that.” Seulgi whines and detaches herself from her father. The latter just fake cries but Seulgi just ignores it because being overdramatic is one of her dad’s antics.

 

“I gotta go, appa. See you later.” Seulgi dashes out of her house before her dad starts acting like a child again.

 

As she walks to the bus stop, she notices that she missed the bus to her by a minute. Instead of getting anxious, she puts on her game face, and Naruto-runs to catch the said bus. Everyone she passes by sees her running like the said anime character can’t help but feel the secondhand embarrassment so they either turn their heads away or facepalm. Of course, Seulgi is oblivious to this as her focus is on catching the bus.

 

After 15 minutes or so, the sight of her high school greets her, the bus she intended to catch is already at the bus stop, students clad in the same uniform as hers alighting.

 

“Damn, I almost caught it.” Seulgi sighs in disappointment. She then eyes the giant clock on the school building. “Oh well, at least I’m not late.”

 

What she doesn’t know is it is already the third bus that departed from the bus stop near her house.

 

XxX

 

Kang Seulgi is a 16-year-old freshman from Yangji High School. She is the only child of Kang Ho-dong, a fireworks manufacturer. As she grew up without the guidance of a mother, Seulgi is tomboyish. She mostly wears baggy clothes and does a lot of manly (weird) things. Most of her schoolmates speculate that she is gay but Seulgi never exhibited any romantic interest to the same . Some conclude that she has autism, particularly Asperger’s syndrome, because she seems and acts like she has a different world of her own.

 

“Ugh, it’s that freak again.” A fellow student mutters in disgust as she watches Seulgi sprint like Naruto in the hallway. The other students seem to think the same as they echoed the same sentiments. Some just mind their own business until they hear a loud bang against the lockers.

 

“What the hell?!“ A female voice groans in pain as she massages her reddened forehead. Seulgi fell on her bottom upon the harsh impact but she springs back to her feet like nothing happened. Realizing what just transpired, she approaches the tall girl by tapping her shoulder.

 

“Don’t touch me!” The hurt girl hisses at her. “What the were you doing?!”

 

“I’m sorry. I didn’t notice you, uh…” Seulgi simply apologizes and scratches her head, unfazed by the girl who just cursed.

 

The tall girl in a breath, she doesn’t know what irks her more, the lack of proper apology or the fact that Seulgi doesn’t know who she is. “Don’t you know who I am, Kang Seulgi?”

 

“Uh, you know me?” Seulgi asks with a dumb expression, making the girl in front of her grit her teeth in chagrin.

 

“Of course, everyone here knows you! Ugh, never mind. I’m Park Sooyoung, also known as y Dynamite.” The girl named Sooyoung strikes a few seductive poses to flaunt her physical charms. Sooyoung then proceeds to talk about herself, like how famous she is at Yangji High and how many boys are dying to go out with her.

 

“And also-“ Sooyoung stops speaking when she notices that the weird girl isn’t there anymore.

 

“Kang Seulgi! I’m still talking to you!” She bellows on top of her lungs as her eye catches Seulgi’s disappearing figure.  

 

XxX

 

“Good morning everyone~” Seulgi chirps as she strides to her seat. Some of her classmates were busy chatting and playing silly games with each other but they all go silent when Seulgi greeted them. Seulgi follows their line of sight and she notices they are looking at her forehead.

Seulgi beams like a kid as she shows off her accessory, hands akimbo. “I see that you all noticed my headband. This is the one that Akatsuki wears. Would you like to have one? I know where to order these. I already purchased their cloak so let me know if you want it as well.”

 

Everyone in the room is dumbfounded and weirded out by what she just said. Not only Seulgi acts weird but her sense of fashion is also bizarre. That ninja headband certainly doesn’t match their school uniform. The punk-inspired bracelet with finger chains she wears everyday even looks more acceptable than that.

 

With her “superhuman” auditory senses, Seulgi hears her classmates mumble insults under their breath. She jus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter