Two

You Make me Thirsty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     Sunday came too fast for Hyukjae's liking.

He was a mess of nerves the whole morning and it was hard for him to stomach anything when lunch time came and it pained him that he was awful at keeping his feeling at bay because unfortunately his dad had noticed he was a nervous wreck and started to tease the hell out of him – is he your boyfriend, Hyukkie? Is that why you're nervous? And Hyukjae wondered how he would tell his father that actually he was going to face death in many ways that day, but figured it was better if he kept his fear to himself because maybe Donghae could be right but he didn't trust him with that subject.. well he actually couldn't trust Donghae at all, but he did. Anyways! After a long teasing from his dad and his sister, who unfortunately Hyukjae couldn't hit, he decided to busy himself with helping his mom bake some brownies until Jongwoon arrived.

And when he did..

Let's say it was a very awkward moment when they went to Hyukjae's room in silence, sat down in silence, and started to work on the assignment in silence. No words were spoken the whole time – not even about what they needed to do. The only sound in the room was the sound of the pen against the paper and the occasional cough Jongwoon would let out once in a while. Hyukjae would glance at him sometimes, just to make sure that Jongwoon wasn't getting ready to jump on him and the life out of his body, and Jongwoon would sometimes glance back – and then they would make eye contact and it would get awkward and they would pretend it didn't happen. Is there something on my face or something? Jongwoon couldn’t help but wonder, now feeling awkward under Hyukjae’s stare.

The sound of the door opening startled them, both jumping in surprise as Hyukjae’s mom entered the room with a plate filled with brownies. “Do you want some, kids?”

“Leave the plate here, omma.” He pointed to the spot in the floor next to him. “I’m going to eat it.”

“So that only you will eat it without giving Jongwoon-ssi an opportunity to eat them also?” She frowned in disapproval, shaking her head and leaving the plate between them. “Eat well, Jongwoon-ssi. Don’t let Hyukjae eat them all by himself.” Jongwoon nodded out of nervousness, swallowing hard at the look on her face. How can I explain that I actually can’t eat those foods and would gladly let Hyukjae eat it all.. “Don’t work too hard too. Take lots of breaks, alright?”

“S-Sure, ma’am.”

“Eh, don’t call me ma’am. You can call me mom instead. No need to be all formal with your boyfriend’s mother.” She smiled teasingly in Hyukjae’s direction, ignoring Hyukjae’s scream of disapproval. “I will be back later to bring you two juice.” And so she left just like that, leaving an embarrassed Hyukjae and a confused Jongwoon behind.

“D-Did you tell your parents we are dating or..?”

“I would never!” Hyukjae screamed with his mouth full of brownie, looking offended that Jongwoon would even think of that. “Appa teased me since it is the first time I brought someone aside from Donghae here, and my sister continued. Omma was the only one silent about it and I thought she wouldn’t do it but of course she would tease me in front of you instead..” He huffed, choosing to hide the fact he was being teased because he was scared and because of that his family took it as him being nervous to present his boyfriend. “And it’s not like I would say that to them! I’m too afraid of you to even think of dating you, anyways.”

His eyes widened when he noticed that he accidentally said those words. Well . Now I’m going to die.

“Afraid of me..? Why?” Jongwoon asked confusedly. What now? Hyukjae frowned, crossing his arms.

“You even ask why?? You kept following me around! Looking as if you would kill me! And you even made me have Donghae as a shield because you were so terrifying! What the hell was that, anyways?! I was so scared of dying!”

“Why would I want to kill you??”

“I don’t know! But it surely felt like you wanted to! It felt like you were Nemesis from Resident Evil 3 running after Jill!”

“Who the is that?”

“You’re so uncultured I swear to God-” Hyukjae had to take a deep breath before he jumped on top of Jongwoon to slap the out of him. “Enough of this. Just tell me, why the hell were you following me?”

“Well, it all started that day you got hurt during that soccer game..” Jongwoon looked at the ceiling as if he was waiting for a transition of scenario.

Jesus Christ. Is this really the person I was scared of? “The hell you’re doing, man.” Hyukjae sighed. “The is this now, a movie?”

“Shut up.” He huffed, collecting his memories. “Anyways, you fell ungracefully on the floor, face first and all that, and everyone panicked because we all thought you’d break your nose with that fall but instead, you scraped your knee on the floor. It was a minor wound, but it was bleeding, so I caught the scent of your blood. And for reasons I still don’t understand or know why, I couldn’t forget it. It was in my mind for a long time, to the point I couldn’t bring myself to feed properly. A part of me was craving for blood, but only your blood. Since I didn’t know why that was happening, I asked my Sire about it, but he told me this is something I had to figure out by myself since it is personal. So I decided to follow you, to see if it was something you did. But I still don’t know what it is. I’m sorry if I creeped you out, it wasn’t my intention. I just want to understand why I was feeling like that.”

“You decided that instead of coming to me and asking hey Hyukjae-ssi did you meet a witch and throw a spell on me or something, it was better for you to follow me around, creep me out and make me piss on my pants every time you were close to me? Are you dumb or are you stupid, for heaven’s sake?!” Hyukjae held back from screaming, moving the plate from out

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter