End

You Make me Thirsty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     “So you're telling me you're Jongwoon's mate.. and you both found out about it because he drank from you yesterday..?” Donghae looked at Hyukjae, holding back his laughter with how ridiculous that sounded.

Hyukjae groaned with his head buried in his arm, wishing he could kill Donghae now but unfortunately they were still in school and he couldn't. I have so many regrets right now.. he sighed tiredly, his free arm unconsciously reaching up to touch the place where Jongwoon had marked the day before. I really hoped yesterday was just a fever dream.. And at first when he woke up he thought of it as a nightmare, until he went to take a shower. The biggest shock happened when he felt a tingly sensation running through him when his hands touched a spot in his neck, which had him rushing to the mirror. The sight of a thin red circle around the two puncture marks left on the spot Jongwoon had bitten him almost got him fainting right there, and he considered the fact he must have gone insane. But had he really?

He still felt sane but if he was sane, it meant that it wasn’t a dream and maybe that marking thing could have really happened. Or maybe he hit his head somewhere and was in a coma. That sounded plausible. Was it like those ty theories for animes..? Soon I’ll wake up and realize this was just a dream I had while I was in a coma, then..

“So cute~ can’t believe that soon I will be seeing Jongwoon and Hyukjae holding hands and k-i-s-s-i-n-g~” Donghae laughed excitedly at the thought. 

“What the hell are you saying! Wait. Being mated to him means I will have to date him? What type of nightmare is this!” Hyukjae cried out dramatically, getting the chills with the thought of it. “Holding hands? Kissing?! Oh God, I am going to throw up.”

“Here we go again, another thing for him to annoy me with daily..” Donghae sighed, already regretting teasing him.

“Remember when you asked me if you could take me to Hell once? Can I accept the offer now?”

“No one here is going to Hell,” a third voice suddenly interrupted and Hyukjae didn’t feel brave to raise his head. I have a bad feeling about this. “Unless I need to take you there myself, Hyukjae-ssi.”

What. Who the is this.

“Ryeowook~ why are you here?” Donghae sounded pleased to see him. That is a good sign right? “Is it about Jongwoon-ssi?” No it is not a good sign.

“Oh, yes, kind of. I’m here to talk with Hyukjae-ssi.” That made Hyukjae tremble. He didn’t feel brave enough to raise his head but he did, adjusting his position so that he was sitting straight and looking at the newcomer. Ryeowook looked at him as if he was searching something – and whatever he was searching for, Hyukjae hoped he wouldn’t find it or else they would have issues. “Jongwoon hyung told me you’re his mate.”

Don’t tell me he’s Jongwoon’s ex boyfriend and he’s upset and wants to kill me because of this.. I don’t want to face an obsessive ex-

“I am happy that he found his mate, though I’m still trying to understand why it happened so early.” He interrupted his train of thoughts. For some reason, Hyukjae felt as if Ryeowook knew what he was thinking and that was why he said it. Weird. “As his mate, Hyukjae-ssi, you better take good care of him and give him the help he needs whenever he asks you, or else, we might have issues.” Ryeowook looked at him, a threatening look on his eyes that had Hyukjae trembling. “I don't want to hear any complaint from him about you, and I don’t want to see him starving, either. If anything happens to him, I am going to blame you and you will definitely regret getting into my bad side. So take good care of him to prevent this from happening.”

“S-Sure.” Hyukjae paled considerably and tensed. All his plans of avoiding Jongwoon and ignoring the whole mate thing were thrown out of the window. “Is that it, Ryeowook-ssi?”

“Yes. I will look forward to seeing you more often, Hyukjae-ssi. Anyways, I need to go now. See you later, Donghae~” He smiled happily before waving, taking his leave after seeing how terrified Hyukjae looked.

Hyukjae only relaxed again after Ryeowook left, a loud whine escaping his lips as his body once again met the table and he hid his face again. “Why is he so scary?! Now I will have to be Jongwoon's personal juice box! I don't like this!” He cried, hitting his head with his fist a few times. “Stupid! Look at the you are in now!”

“Oh, poor Hyukkie..” Donghae chuckled, patting his back a few times. “Maybe it won't be that bad, you know Jongwoon doesn't want to kill you.. so it is not that terrifying. Now, stop hitting yourself, it's attracting unwanted attention.” He smiled awkwardly as a few students looked at them curiously.

“ me..”

“Don't worry, I think Jongwoon will do that with you soon if you're up to it.”

“ you, Donghae.

He rolled his eyes, not in the mood to deal with his best friend anymore. At that moment, their teacher entered the classroom and for once he was glad, since it meant he didn't have to talk anymore.

The first two hours of classes passed in a blur for Hyukjae, his mind in a jumbled mess of thoughts that didn’t allow him to pay attention to what the teacher was saying – something about numbers and angles and blah blah blah, honestly he hated math and he was to dumb to understand it so he couldn’t care less, at least he had Donghae to try to help him out later if needed. He was too busy thinking about what is going to happen to him now, and how would he deal with the fact he was mated with a vampire… and it's not even a super hot and billionaire one. Well, Jongwoon was hot, but not enough to make him in his pants without needing to do much like those models he sees in magazines. He was hot, sure, but creepy too. And Hyukjae both liked and hated it at the same time.

At least Jongwoon dressed up well so it helped him to look more handsome.. Right.. is he into fashion or something?

Now that he thought of it.. What does he know about Jongwoon aside from his name? What did he like to do? 

He barely knew him and there was already that title weighing on his back..

This was stressful. The whole situation was messy, too.

“Hey, wake up. It's break time now.” Donghae shook him lightly, concern all over his features as he looked at the state Hyukjae was in. “Are you okay, Hyukkie? You don't look that hot.. though you always don't look that hot at all.” He frowned when his friend didn't react and just packed his stuff, going back to blankly staring at the table. “Hyukjae-ya. Are you okay?” He poked his cheek, continuing to do so until Hyukjae slapped his hand.

“Stop that! It's annoying.” Hyukjae huffed, rubbing his eyes a few times. “What do you want?”

“What were you thinking about? You don’t look that well now.”

“Nothing.. It’s nothing. I need to speak with Jongwoon.” He grabbed his bag and got up, walking fast towards the door. Donghae stumbled to follow him, asking him why but everything he was saying was ignored. “Where is that idiot, anyways.. Great, I don’t know where he likes to spend time. Another thing about him that I don’t know.” He sighed, feeling his head pounding. “Why are you following me, Hae?”

“I’m wondering what you are going to do.” Donghae answered and pulled Hyukjae so that he wasn’t rushing anymore. “No need to walk so fast, at least think before walking aimlessly.” He frowned. “Maybe he’s with Donghee sunbaenim at the art’s club.”

“..Where the is that..?

“You've been studying here for three years and you don't know..? Seriously, what you've been doing the whole time you studied here?” Donghae frowned and held his wrist, pulling him as he guided the way.

“Uh.. busying myself with soccer games.” Hyukjae chuckled, not noticing the disgusted look Donghae sent him.

“Seriously.. You’d rather spend your break time playing soccer, sweating and running under the sun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter