Torn

Bad At Love

There was an awkward silence in the room before Yoohyeon spoke up. “What?”

Neither Minji or Bora wanted to say something. Siyeon looked confused as well, waiting for an explanation of some kind.

Eventually, Bora sighed. “Do you know about…?” she asked Yoohyeon, who only frowned.

“About what?”

“Me,” Minji said in a quiet tone.

“Well, what about you?” Yoohyeon asked, getting slightly frustrated because she didn’t know what was going on.

“I told you how I was turned right?” Bora began to speak, to which Yoohyeon nodded. She already had a bad feeling what was about to come next and she didn’t want to hear it.

“The vampire who turned me…”

“It was you,” Siyeon said in realization as she looked at Minji. That would explain why she and Bora seemed to know each other.

“That’s right.” Minji nodded. “What a way to introduce myself, huh? I’m JiU. Although that’s just my vampire name. You can call me Minji.”

“Vampire name?” Siyeon asked and looked at her girlfriend. “So your vampire name is Sua?”

“Yup,” Bora replied. “Minji gave it to me when she turned me.”

“You’re telling me I went on a date with a vampire…” Yoohyeon muttered to herself. She didn’t mind that Bora was one, but that didn’t mean she wanted to date one. Minji had been nothing but nice to her the entire time, but thinking of all the things that could have happened scared Yoohyeon a bit.

“I’m sorry,” Minji said softly. She was about to lay her hand on Yoohyeon’s shoulder when the younger woman took a step back.

“Don’t touch me,” Yoohyeon said. “Stay away from me.”

Yoohyeon didn’t know what got into her. All she knew was that she didn’t want Minji, or JiU, whoever she was, to be close to her. Maybe it was the fear of the vampire hurting her. She knew what Bora was like, but that didn’t mean all vampires were like her. Would Minji have even told her if Bora didn’t recognize her? Yoohyeon would have never noticed, and that was scary.

Minji could see how scared Yoohyeon was. If she wanted to, she could read her thoughts too, but she was sure that would only hurt her more. Minji knew there was a reason she never got involved with anyone. But Yoohyeon was different. Minji hoped things between would work out, but she was just stupid. Yoohyeon was a human and she was just a monster.

“She wouldn’t hurt you,” Bora spoke up. Yoohyeon knew that everything worked out just fine with her and Siyeon. She felt the need to defend Minji, not only because she was her sire, but because both Minji and Yoohyeon deserved a chance.

“How do you know?” Yoohyeon asked. “How do I know she’s not just waiting to drink my blood or if you’re doing the same with Siyeon?”

Bora tried to stay calm and pretend like those words didn’t affect her at all.

“Look, I understand this came as a surprise for you. But I can assure you that none of us want to hurt anyone. I love Siyeon and I can see that Minji cares a lot about you.”

“You’re all the same,” Yoohyeon stated. “I don’t know if I can trust you.”

“Yoohyeon, that’s enough,” Siyeon cut in. She could see the heartbreak on Bora’s face. Her eyes were almost glowing red, but they didn’t hide the sadness in them.

“It’s okay,” Minji said with a weak smile. “I should’ve known this would happen. I’ll leave.”

“I’ll come with you,” Bora said. Minji was surprised, but just nodded in agreement. Siyeon knew there was no point in trying to make her stay, so she just gave her girlfriend a kiss on the cheek before the two vampires left.

“Was that necessary?” Siyeon asked once the door closed.

“I’m sorry,” Yoohyeon said. “I don’t know what happened. I just panicked.”

“You called your best friend a monster after everything she’s been through,” Siyeon stated. She didn’t mean to sound so accusatory, but she couldn’t help it. “You saw how much she tried to be normal. Did you have any reason to be scared of her the past days? Did she look at you like you’re her prey? I don’t think so.”

“I’m sorry,” Yoohyeon replied, biting down on her bottom lip as she looked at the floor.

“I understand you were surprised. But Minji is the reason Bora is even with us today. I’m not saying you have to date her now, but I think we can trust her. After all, she took care of Bora and taught her everything. If she had the will to hurt us, she would’ve made Bora the same way.”

Yoohyeon nodded. Siyeon was right and she felt stupid for always reacting so emotionally to everything.

“I couldn’t be happier with her. It doesn’t make a difference if she’s a vampire or not. She’s still my Bora. And I know you’ll feel the same with Minji someday. Just take your time to calm down now and then talk to her.”

“Thank you. I wouldn’t know what to do without you,” Yoohyeon said as she hugged her friend. “I feel so dumb.”

“It’s okay,” Siyeon assured. “I know it’s hard.”