Eyes On You

Bad At Love

Joohyun knew different kinds of vampires. The ones who loved to be ones and treated humans as nothing but food and things to play with. Then there were the vampires that didn’t mind and didn’t want to hurt anyone, like JiU. And then there were vampires like Joohyun. The ones who’d rather die than be one of those monsters.

Joohyun remembered the night that changed her life. It was either death or being turned. And while she would have preferred the former, someone else made that choice for her.

She tried starving herself at first, locked herself inside her room for days, waiting to just die. But no matter what, in the end her hunger always won over her and she ended up going to hunt. That’s what she hated about herself. She had no control over her instincts.

Joohyun got better at it now, but she’d still have to feed from time to time. If she didn’t, she wouldn’t die but just suffer from immeasurable pain. That’s why she gave in to it every time, having to accept what she was and what she needed to stay alive.

It was also hard to keep it a secret from Seulgi. She was glad that her girlfriend was a bit dense sometimes. Still, she tried her best not to be too obvious. She had meals with Seulgi every day, just dealing with the stomachache that came after by herself. She slept with Seulgi, even though she usually didn’t need to. And when Seulgi cut herself again while trying to cook, Joohyun took care of the wounds while trying to hide her fangs that lengthened at the smell of her blood. It was hard, but she managed. She had to.

 

 

Seulgi was nervous. One of her best friends was in town and today she would finally meet Joohyun.

Sooyoung had heard a lot about her. And Joohyun sounded like a nice woman. She had to be if she could handle Seulgi for that long.

Seulgi prepared dinner, insisting that she didn’t help from her girlfriend. Joohyun knew the kitchen would look like a mess, but she still hoped for the best and sat on the couch, watching some tv until a knock on the door signaled Sooyoung was there.

“It’s so nice to finally meet you,” Sooyoung said, smiling at Joohyun. “Seulgi told me so much about you.”

“I hope only good things,” Joohyun replied with a laugh.

While Seulgi finished cooking dinner, the two sat down and talked. It was a comfortable atmosphere, Sooyoung really liked Joohyun and was happy Seulgi finally found someone that treated her well.

“I hope you didn’t burn the kitchen down,” Sooyoung commented when Seulgi served the food and the younger woman only responded with a playful shrug.

The food was good, even Joohyun had to admit that, although she was already preparing herself for the consequences that would follow later.

The three spent hours just talking. Seulgi was happy her girlfriend and best friend got along. It was important to her that they liked each other.

Joohyun enjoyed the evening. So much that she almost forgot she hadn’t fed in a long time. She was happy that everything was going well so far-

“Did you cut yourself?”

Sooyoung’s voice made Joohyun look at her girlfriend, who had, indeed, hurt herself somehow. It didn’t surprise her, if there was one person that would manage getting hurt no matter what she did, it would be Seulgi. She was clumsy, but that’s only one of the things Joohyun loved about her.

But that’s not what she could focus on right now. Her mind started to shift to other things, how delicious Seulgi’s blood smelled and how much she wanted to just have a taste of it.

Joohyun covered with her hand, pretending that she was shocked at Seulgi’s injury when in reality, she only needed to hide her fangs somehow.

Seulgi stood up, leaving the table and going to another room to clean the wound.

Sooyoung followed her friend, but not before giving Joohyun a look.

The vampire swore she saw something silver attached to Sooyoung’s belt.


 

Short update for today. Getting started with the interesting stuff soon. Thanks for all the feedback and upvotes so far!