Meeting

Bad At Love

„What do you mean you went on a date?” Bora yelled as Yoohyeon covered her ears with her hands, cringing at the volume of her friend’s voice. Even now, Bora was as loud as ever and Yoohyeon wasn’t sure if she was glad about that.

“I…just went on a date,” Yoohyeon replied quietly with a small shrug of her shoulders. “Weren’t you the ones who always wanted me to find someone?”

“Well, yes, but we didn’t think you’d actually go out with someone someday. We pretty much gave up our hopes already,” Siyeon said.

“When can we meet her?” Bora asked, excited at the idea of someone being with her best friend.

“It was one date,” Yoohyeon clarified. “She’s not my girlfriend,” she said before sighing. “But…I invited her over to my apartment tonight.”

“Can I come? You won’t even notice I’m there,” Bora said with a grin. Yoohyeon was sure she wouldn’t and that worried her just the slightest bit. Even if she said no, Bora would probably find a way to spy on them.

“Fine,” Yoohyeon reluctantly agreed. “You know what, Siyeon can come too.”

“Yes!” Siyeon grinned, throwing her fist in the air. “We’ll make sure everything goes smoothly,” she added with a wink, which made Yoohyeon roll her eyes.

Yoohyeon regretted her decision already. She knew how her friends could get. But if she and her date were really planning on getting into a relationship, if things worked out, she would have to meet Siyeon and Bora anyway. The sooner the better, she guessed.

 


“,” Yoohyeon cursed as she cleaned up her apartment. Her date would be here any minute and everything looked like a mess. Once she heard a knock on the door, she rushed over to open it after fixing her clothes, smiling at the woman in front of her. “Hi, Minji. Come in.”

Minji nodded and stepped into the apartment. It wasn’t too big, but it was definitely nice.

Yoohyeon already told her that her friends were coming over and she had secretly hoped that Minji wouldn’t be okay with that. But instead, Minji was excited to meet them. All Yoohyeon could hope for now was that they wouldn’t embarrass her in front of Minji. They had been on only one date, but Yoohyeon had to admit that she hoped things would work out between them because she really liked Minji.

Yoohyeon was nervous. It has been a long time since she invited someone over other than Siyeon and Bora and now that Minji was here, she wasn’t really sure what to do.

“You’re adorable,” Minji remarked as if she read Yoohyeon’s thoughts. “Why don’t we sit down?”

Yoohyeon agreed to that, moving to sit down on the couch with Minji. She didn’t even know how she scored one date and now even a second one with a woman like that. Minji was beautiful, even more than that. And she was so sweet. Yoohyeon just had to think about her smile to be happy. Minji had that effect on her, which is why she really didn’t want to mess up.

The two talked, getting to know each other more when Minji’s expression changed.

“Are you okay?” Yoohyeon asked.

“I think your friends are here,” Minji said.

Not even five second passed until there was another knock on the door. Yoohyeon frowned slightly. She didn’t hear any footsteps, so how did Minji know? Maybe it wasn’t even them, she thought as she stood up and walked over to the door.

She would definitely have to ask Minji later, she thought as she saw her two friends.

Yoohyeon wanted to greet them when a “what the ?” from Bora interrupted her.

“Nice to see you too?” Yoohyeon replied in confusion, looking at Minji, who stared at the two women with an expression she couldn’t really decipher.

“Jiu?”

“Sua.”