SIX

Life Within Two Worlds • (MICHAENG)

“Dahyun-ah why do you keep on walking around to our living room?” Sana cannot take it anymore when Dahyun keeps on walking while biting her nails.

Dahyun looks at the digital clock that is placed on the top of the wooden shelve.

“It is already past midnight Sana and she is still not here!” Dahyun shove her hand to her hair and she suddenly flop down to her couch.

Sana finally understand who is Dahyun talking about and why she cares for that person.

“You know what let’s sleep, I think she is having fun!”

Sana tries to calm Dahyun and she successfully did. When the two are sleeping on the bed Dahyun heard a running water, without making any noise she stood up from her bed and she look around the house to see if there is one faucet that is but to her surprise all of her faucet are turned off properly.

She looks again to her phone to check the time and it is 2:48 in the morning. Dahyun heard another running water but this time it is louder than what she had heard earlier. She closes her eyes tracing the sound where it could it be.

She sight a bridge and a blonde girl who is looking far away.

“That is Chaeyoung!”

Without hesitation she shifts her body from the living room to Mapo Bridge in Seoul.

Chaeyoung felt a strong wind that is coming to her left, with her eyes lock on the water she smirks.

In 3..2..1

YAH SON CHAEYOUNG! Don’t do that! Don’t jump!!”

Chaeyoung looks confused when Dahyun said that to her “So you found me Dahyun” She looks to the white girl who is walking towards her.

“It’s already past midnight Chaeyoung! I am worried, why are you here in this bridge? Are you gonna kill yourself?”

“We are a Grim Reapers we are already dead Dahyun”

“Ah right..”

Chaeyoung’s eyes are still looking on the water

Why am I even here in this Bridge.. Ah.. that’s right a certain memory that comes across my mind.

1392 Joseon Dynasty Era

Under the enormous Moon that gives light, there is a lady who is wearing a dark full red hanbok with her dark hair tied up into a circle motion. The lady is looking underneath into this water that there are different kinds of fishes that are swimming in the cold water.

While she is just looking to those fish she felt that someone stand beside her.

“The moon is beautiful tonight right?”

“Yeah it is, I wish I could see this moon forever” She realized that she just talk to someone. From her right, Chaeyoung saw the reflection of the girl, she looks up and she knitted her eyebrows.

For Chaeyoung’s Memory she couldn’t see exactly what this person looks like but the only thing that she remembers clearly is that this person is wearing Mint hanbok that time.

“Your eyes is beautiful, just like you” the girl softly said that made Chaeyoung smile from that compliment that she has received.

“Many people say that but I don’t believe what they say”

“You should accept it, your brown eyes looks so good on you”

Chaeyoung heard that the girl chuckled that made her smile revealing her dimple.

“Me too I am asking myself if I could see that moon forever”

Chaeyoung was about to ask what does the girl mean but she remember that she also wants to see the moon forever.

“We don’t know when will our time stop but for now why don’t we appreciate things that are still there. Where we can stare on the things that we like, drown in our own thoughts, right? There’s nothing wrong with that” Chaeyoung sadly chuckled.

“That’s why I like to stare at you”

“What?” Chaeyoung’s eyes widen from the words that came out to this girl who is she talking to.

The girl nervously laugh “Don’t get me wrong but...” the girl bit her lower lip when Chaeyoung didn't let her finish. 

“What are you doing here? There are guards that are roaming around. You should go back home”

The girl shook her head.

“Wait have we already met? It seems like we already know each other as if you talk to me like we are friends with each other”

“Chaeyoung, I.. I always saw you in this place- you love to spend your time here alone; drawing is your greatest escape”

“Are you a stalker?”

“What?! Of course not!”

“Did you just raised your voice to the head of the court?”

The girl immediately bowed to Chaeyoung that made the girl silently laugh.

“Stand up” The girl stood up from her place.

“Don’t do this next time. What if the guards caught you?” the girl lower her head.

“I am sorry I just want to ta-“ Chaeyoung didn’t let her finish, she put her right index hand to the girl’s mouth “Shh they are here” she whispers.

Chaeyoung heard the guards are coming from the north, she hurriedly drag the girl to sat down behind the bush that is fully grown.

While Chaeyoung is looking if the guards are already gone, with the help of the Moon’s light the girl clearly saw Chaeyoung’s face that made her blush.

After a few moments Chaeyoung senses that the guards are gone.

“They are gone you should go home now” Chaeyoung’s eyes and the girl’s eyes lock into each other.

The girl is slowly closing their distance to each other, Chaeyoung gulps and she looks away. Using her left index finger the girl tries to get Chaeyoung’s attention and she finally succeeded. They are looking now to their souls that are inside of their body.

“When I say I like to stare at you this is what i meant” The girl closes her eyes and she slowly kisses Chaeyoung’s lips that made her froze to her place.

“It feels so good but this is not right” one of Chaeyoung’s thought that are running inside of her mind.

The girl deepens the kiss the made Chaeyoung closes her eyes and ride along with the kiss.

“Her lips is so soft. It makes me wanna kiss her more” she said to herself.

Chaeyoung held the girl’s face and she fasten the kiss, it looks like she is the type of person who is hungry for love.

The girl bit Chaeyoung’s lower lip and the girl who wears red hanbok let out a small moan.

“This.. this is not right” she thought

Chaeyoung came back to her senses and she pull herself from the kiss while catching her breath.

The girl looks down “I.. I am sorry”

Chaeyoung just look at the girl and she walks away.

The girl started to cry “It’s just.. I like you no not only I like you but I think I already love you Chaeyoung” she said to herself between those sobs.

“Chaeyoung! Are you even listening to me?!” Dahyun saw that Chaeyoung is looking far away and she is smirking to herself.

Chaeyoung nods “you keep on talking it makes my head hurts”

“Do you want have fun? Like going to club?”

“Yeah sure”

Dahyun became surprised when Chaeyoung instantly agreed to her. From Mapo bridge they shift to the club somewhere in Itaewon.

“Your girl might look for you if she noticed that you are missing in your apartment”

“Oh . You are right”

“So it means that person is your you know to you? You just admitted”

“No comment”

“I cannot accept the fact you have a relationship with a human”

“She is just my friend Chaeyoung!”

 

Dahyun tries to stop Chaeyoung who is walking inside of the club.