FIVE

Life Within Two Worlds • (MICHAENG)

Chaeyoung leans on Dahyun’s door frame when she saw the white girl is sleeping safe and sound on the edge of her bed. She decided to shift from the door frame to Dahyun’s ear and she whisper.

“I didn’t know that Grim Reapers are allowed to Sleep”

Dahyun became awakened from her sleep that made her fell from her bed.

“OUCH!” she caress her that has fallen into the ground

“That’not my fault then”

“I am not blaming you??” Dahyun looks like she is really hurt from falling to her bed.

Chaeyoung raises her two eyebrows when she realized that Dahyun didn’t blame her.

“Anyway, we have a lot of things to do, get your up”

“Wait wait wait where we are going? And you didn’t sleep, it looks like you didn’t sleep” Dahyun stood up from the floor.

“Grim Reapers are not allowed to sleep” Chaeyoung just plainly said.

“Look at these” she snaps her finger where Dahyun’s coat start to float towards Chaeyoung. She her hands on Dahyun’s left coat pocket and she fish out 9 black envelopes that made Dahyun’s eyes widen.

“See you have 9 envelopes but you didn’t manage to collect these souls” Dahyun tries to get the envelopes away from Chaeyoung but when Dahyun gets the envelope it vanished from her hands.

“What is this?”

“I am the one who collected all the soul, so go back to sleep”

"Why you did that Chaeyoung-ah" 

"You are sleeping I don't want to disturb you and also these souls are important" 

“That’s why you didn’t sleep?”

“I really don’t sleep”

Chaeyoung shifts from Dahyun’s bedroom to the living room just to sit but Dahyun follows.

“Ya Chaeyoung what did you do last night? What time did you get home?” The white girl asked Chaeyoung.

“It’s none of your business if I go home late. I also don’t care if you get in a relationship with that human”

Dahyun widens her eyes and just bit her lip because she remembers that Chaeyoung is a candidate of god of living so she should respect this person who is sitting on the couch.

“W-we are not in relationship”

Chaeyoung just chuckled “I know what is inside of your mind and it is so silly of you to think like that” Chaeyoung stood up “I’ll be off somewhere” Chaeyoung taps Dahyun’s shoulder and then she left the apartment.

The Grim Reaper is waiting for a vacant elevator when the metal door open in front of her that made the person inside of that widen her eyes.

“Y-You?! You live here?”

Ah the girl that I saved yesterday.

“Who are you? Did we already met?” she lied to Mina.

The metal door is slowly closing but Mina stops it, her hands rumble because she is holding a pile of papers.

“It is me Mina! We met yesterday have you already forgot?”

“Yeah I do” Chaeyoung casually said to her cold voice. Mina just smile, she thought that this person would remember her but it’s not. “Are you gonna ride this lift or you will wait for the next one?”

Without hesitation, Chaeyoung enters the lift.

The two filled with silence that made Mina gulp, when you are with the grim reaper it fills the room with coldness and different aura that are coming out from her.

The lift’s door opens and Mina hurriedly go out from the lift but a piece of paper fell down inside the lift.

Chaeyoung grabs the piece of paper and she ran over Mina.

Mina stops and she saw that Chaeyoung is holding a paper.

“You almost forgot in the elevator” Chaeyoung gives the piece of paper. Mina just smile and she get the paper out of Chaeyoung she bows and she left the girl alone.

“Hey! I did not forget you, your name is Mi-“

“Mina!!”

Cheyoung stops from talking when someone interrupts her

“Let me help you with that!” A tall guy helps Mina. Based on Chaeyoung’s mind this person name is Son Ji Hoon born on April 23, 1999

Mina looks back again on Chaeyoung without her smiling fading on her face “What did you say again?” Chaeyoung just shook her head and she walks away.

“Who is that? Her eyes is cool!” said Ji hoon

Mina was about to say what happened yesterday but then she remembers she cannot tell it to Ji Hoon.

“Ah that, she is someone who is kind to me” she faintly smiles.

 

Chaeyoung who left the building still heard the conversation of the two “Someone who is kind to me? I am just doing my job” she scoff off.