FOUR

Life Within Two Worlds • (MICHAENG)

Seoul National University is a prestigious university for everybody who lives in South Korea. This university has a high standard for its student who are studying here, you must meet all the deadlines and especially you must maintain your grades when it comes to your majors.

Well for Mina’s case she was almost dropped out in this University.

Mina is not that rich thanks to her scholarship she was able to study in this prestigious university. Mina’s life is not that easy as what you think, the girl is a student in the morning but when the afternoon hits she will work in front of the university who serves grill pork and when the night time came she will work in a club somewhere in Itaewon just for her to support her own studies and allowance. While she is doing a hard work for her job, she couldn’t maintain those grades and she almost got kicked out of SNU.

There are times that Mina wanted to end her life because she feels like she is suffering that much. She cannot carry out her plan because it looks like someone is looking at her back every time she plans to end her precious life.

Mina is now walking to her next job in Itaewon as a waitress in a club she stops when her phone chimes a notification.

Nayeonie

Mina our Final grades are now on our portal!

Mina takes a deep sigh before she opens her grades.

This is it.

My final grades.

She closes her eyes as she tap the portal of their grades.

Mina’s heart is beating so fast and her hands are shaking. She expect a high grades but then when she opens her eyes there is one major that gives her an Failing grade. Her knees became weak, she felt that her soul left her body.

She feels like all of her dreams suddenly vanished all of her hard work is just useless. Her heart is aching so bad, her tears are slowly rolling down on her eyes.

There are so many thoughts that are running inside of her head right now.

How, why, does my effort are not enough?

She goes back to her university hoping that the one professor is still there.

When Mina is on the Bus stop she finally decided that she will end her life.

She step a foot but she felt that everything went a slow mo when a person tries to grab her body. She saw the eyes of this person and it is not ordinary. Her face is pale, those eyes are yellow and red. Her plumply lips are red and she noticed a mole under her left lips. Mina didn’t felt any fear when this person helps her. It’s like all of her sufferings were gone, She didn’t feel any fear in this world on what will happen later, tomorrow, or in the next couple of days.

For Mina it became a heaven for a second. She wishes that it will last forever, she couldn’t explain those feelings inside of her. It is a magical? No, she didn’t know the person who is in front of her a Grim Reaper.

Everything back to normal and Mina knitted her eyebrows

Mina knitted and she stood up

The girl with a pale skin asked the girl “Are you okay?”

Mina heard that the driver gets out of his car “A-are you okay Ms?”

Am I look okay?

The pale girl respond “Don’t worry she Is okay!” Mina looks to this girl and she scan her face properly.

Why did you save me?

“Why did you save me?” Mina said in her soft voice.

“Because you almost die!” th palegirl shouts to Mina who is now crying, MIna wanted to end her life so badly why did this person saved her.

Mina became surprised when the pale girl dragged her away from th bus stop.

“You should’ve let me to do that!” Mina shouts to the girl who wears a poker face.

“It’s not yet your time to die”

Mina knitted her eyebrows but then she didn’t mind what the pale girl said to her.

“I don’t care if it’s my time or not! I.. am tired living in this world” she sobbed so hard. “Everything that I do, I always fail! I am trying to prove myself to them that I am enough! That I can achieve my dreams!” her voice are shaking when she remembers all the things that she had done in this world especially to her studies.

“What is your dream then?”

Mina bit her lower lip she then sniff and wiped her tears away.

After a moment Mina respond to the pale girl’s question ““My dream is to become a succesful doctor and find a person who will spend lifetime with me”

In just a span of second the girl respond, it seems like she already know the meaning of life “You know what life will never be easy, you need to stand on your own. You need to be strong because this world talks about survival. If things gets vague just breathe out, remember your goals and you will be fine. When it comes to a partner, if it’s meant to be it will be. Cheer up! I know you are a smart person.”

Mina weakly smiles it looks like this person became her hope to her miserable life.

The girl walks away but Mina stops her

“Wait!”

Mina became amazed to the girl’s eye because it became glow in the dark.

“Your eyes is beautiful”

The girl just plainly reply “Thank you” and she walks away again.

Mina stop again the girl “Hey!” she grab the pale girl’s arm.

“What is your name?” Mina wanted to ask her name because she know that they won’t be meet again.

Mina thought that this person will answer her question but it looks like the pale girl reversed the question.

“Let me ask you back, What your name?”

Mina let out a soft smile.

“Mina, Myoi Mina” The pale girl just nod it seems like she is not interested to know her name.

“You will know me soon” the girl walks away leaving Mina dumbfounded in the street. Mina just smiles when she cannot saw the pale’s girl body in the dark street.

 

Where did she go? The bus stop is here