ONE

Life Within Two Worlds • (MICHAENG)

A blond girl with a pale skin wears her black sleeve turtleneck with a matching pair of black slacks and a black long coat with a slit on its back. The girl looks at herself in front of the mirror, she look her eyes into it and she saw her right eye is still red and her left eye is still in color yellow.She takes a sigh while fixing her long coat infront of the mirror.

The girl stop from looking to herself infront of the mirror when her front door filled her room with a knock.

"Come in" she slightly shouts.

She saw a girl who is peaking behind those doors "Chaeyoung, the meeting is about to start we are waiting for you"

Chaeyoung nods "wait for me outside, Seulgi" Seulgi nods and she patiently waits for Chaeyoung.

Seulgi heard that the door closed, she saw that the girl is walking on the hall.

"Wait for me yah! Chaeyoung!" Seulgi rans and she is now beside with Chaeyoung who is walking to the Great Hall where all the important meetings are held.

"Are you nervous?" Seulgi ask the younger one.

Chaeyoung just shook her head Why would I she whispered but Seulgi didn't heard it.

When they arrived at the great hall all of the grim reapers are looking at Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung sat dow infront of the Highest seat of the Great Hall, this is where the god of after life takes a seat.

Everyone became silent when the god of after life and death enter the room. Some of the new grim reapers are surprised because they thought that these gods are only in the spirit form but they are all wrong. They saw the god of afterlife who is tall, wears all white and has a clean cut. On the other hand, the god of death wears all black with fur coat and long black hair with a snake cane on his hand which matches his title which is god of death.

The two gods seated in front where everyone is watching, all of the grim reapers bow down to these two gods include Chaeyoung and Seulgi. The god of afterlife speaks infront of them.

"I will make this thing short" the god of afterlife looks at Chaeyoung. Seulgi saw what did the god did to Chaeyoung and she nudge her shoulders to Chaeyoung's but the younger one didn't mind what Seulgi did to her.

"there are 3 candidates for the position of god of living. If I choose you it means that you have the potential of being a god" The god of afterlife scrolls down his scroll.

"If your name gets called stand infront and be proud that you are a candidate of this position!" The god of afterlife said in a loud and clear manner.

"I bet your name will be there Chaeyoung" Seulgi whispers to Chaeyoung but the younger one just scoff.

"Park Jisoo!" A girl from the back cannot stop from smiling and she stood infront. Chaeyoung claps her hand but her face didn't show any emotions.

"The next candidate is Choi Hyun Suk" the grim reapers gasp because HyunSuk is just new in this job (they say) and the god of afterlife find the potentital in this person.

"And the final candidate is, Son Chaeyoung!" The grim reapers clap their hands some of the grim reaper shouts "We will vote for you Chaeyoung!"

Chaeyoung just sigh when she heard that her name is being called. This is the third time that Chaeyoung rejected the proposal of being the god of living"

"Chaeyoung, are you gonna reject this offer again?" his cold tone make shivers to all the grim reapers. The god of death walks towards to Chaeyoung, his dark aura makes everyone look down and they couldn't even make an eye contact to the god of death except Chaeyoung.

Without hesitation Chaeyoung stood up and she walks in front that makes the people gasp in surprise even the two candidates. Seulgi covered because she is really surprised that Chaeyoung finally stepping out of her comfort zone.

"The three of you will be descend to the world of the living and your task is to collect souls as much as you can. You only have 500 days down there. The least that you get a soul the less that you have a chance to win the title"

"What are the rules then?" Park Jisoo ask the god of afterlife

"Number 1. You must not kill a living person, Number 2. Natural death only are counted when you take a soul, Number 3. If you find a vengeful soul and return them in the after life there is a bigger chance that you may have the title. Number 4, Don't expose yourself to the public and lastly Number 5. Don't fall in love with a PERSON" The god of afterlife emphasize the Person which it really scare them.

"If you break one of these rules you are automatically disqualified and you won't be a grim reaper anymore. In addition your soul will be vanished eternally"

Park Jisoo visibly gulped while Chaeyoung just nod.

"So when we will descend to another world?" Chaeyoung ask the god of afterlife.

"NOW" the god of afterlife snaps his fingers. Chaeyoung instantly closes her eyes, she felt that her body is pulling by a magnetic force as if she is floating from the outer space, she tries to open her eyes but she could only saw the rays of prism lights.

Chaeyoung closes her eyes and after a few moment she felt that she is now in the world of the living.

Damn I don't have any chance to say good bye to Seulgi. But anyway, I'm here in the new world