Chapter 4. Why are you running?

Everybody Talks
Please log in to read the full chapter

Irene

 

Irene doesn't feel well, from the moment she woke up this morning something doesn't feel right. She feels like something is gonna happen to her today and she can't do anything to stop it. 

 

So here she is walking towards their department warily, like someone's gonna ambush her out of nowhere. Every clatter, every rustle she whips her towards that direction. To be honest she looks like a very suspicious person on crack.

 

"Why do you look like that?"

 

"Like what?"

 

"Like you're gonna murder someone"

 

"This is my normal beautiful and elegant face Jennie" she then plopped elegantly on her chair. Jennie is still eyeing her from her desk.

 

"So got any tea for me today Miss Bae?"

 

"Go make your own."

 

"What the hell?Why would I -I mean gossip!"

 

"I'm not like that, I'm a refined woman Jennie. Why would I meddle with those kinds of thi-"

 

"Ah so it wasn't you gossiping with the students about the whereabouts of a certain someone?"

 

"No, that's simply asking for information about my colleague."

 

"Oh really? Where was I yesterday lunch?"

 

"I don't know"

 

"Where was Son three weeks ago for lunch?"

 

"In the cafeteria."

 

"Hah! See!"

 

"Because I was there too!"

 

"Oh yeah I remember that, students were talking you know" Jennie smiled conspiratory.

 

She didn't answer, best let Jennie continue her monologue or something. No one can stop her especially if she's in the zone of her "tea" sharing. 

 

"You were there sitting and Son came in and you made this face then blah blah blah" Jennie oh bless you Jennie is demonstrating everything. She even went out of the door to recreate the scene where Seungwan got in the cafeteria. Then she sat down and made the ugliest face, it's not really that ugly because she's Jennie but you know she looks kinda constipated or some sort.

 

"Then you made that face. Students think that you-"

 

Oh no she has to clear her name. She has to describe everything that happened that day. She can't believe that THE Miss Bae is being gossipped at.

--------

 

"So you sat there looking like that and covering your nose because of chicken? Not because of Son?"

 

"Yes yes"

 

"She thinks she smells bad."

 

"What do you mean? She smells like baby powder and adorableness all the time."

 

"Well people talk so..."

 

"I'm gonna tell her! She doesn't smell bad at all!'' She was ready to bolt off of the door and head out to Seungwan's office. 

 

"Maybe later Irene? Son's probably in class right now?"

 

"How did you know? Are you stalking her too?" she's gonna pop a vein from all these stress. It has only been an hour since she got here. What more for today. She has to fend off thirsty students on a daily basis and now even her best friend?

 

"Woah woah calm down Rene"Jennie's waving her red handkerchief as if Irene's some bull that's about to charge at her and she can't die right now, it's too early she's still so young. 

 

"Why do you even call her Son? She has a name you know" Irene rolled her eyes and sat down on her chair. 

 

"I don't want to call her daughter."

 

"A what?"

 

"Daughter"

 

"..."

 

Please log in to read the full chapter