Chapter 2. Little birds

Everybody Talks
Please log in to read the full chapter

Irene

"So a little bird told me something this morning" her cat-eyed friend said, she's eyeing her like she did something scandalous. 

 

"Jennie, I told you already that wasn't me, why would I connect anonymously to our department printer and print crying cat memes?" she's getting annoyed now, she just wanna go home already and do some laundry.

 

"No, not that." Jennie's smirking now.

 

This is not good, whatever Jennie's about to say, this is not good.

"What is it then? I'm running out of time here Miss Kim, I have a class to teach in an hour." Maybe if Jennie stops with this Varys bull and her little birds thing she can relax for a while before teaching adolescent demons again. 

 

"Oh someone told me that they saw you in the Humanities Department. Again." Jennie is still smirking, as if she just dropped some hot gossip. 

 

"And what about it? I was just passing by" this is getting irritating. Why do people always question her route on the campus? What's wrong with climbing up 3 storeys of the Humanities Department located at the other end of the Econ Department. Nothing. Absolutely Nothing.

 

"Oh so it wasn't you who went to the third floor and passed by the faculty room? Where the literature profs are?"

 

"It's for exercise, brisk walking before my next class" she said matter of factly.

 

"Oh sorry then I thought you were there for some other reasons, I don't know, like a cute literature prof that bumps on a lamp post while trying to walk you back here, or something like that?" 

 

She's red now, whether from shame of being partly found out or just pure annoyance for Jennie, she doesn't know. She was really just doing some exercise to burn off some calories, but she also actually did it in the Humanities Department so she can see Miss Son. How shameless.

 

"And what about it if that's the case then?"

 

"Nothing, I just want to be an aunt."

 

"You wanna be an ant?! Jesus you could be a grasshopper whatever you want just stop pestering me" 

 

"I said I wanna be an aunt to your future kids with Seungwan! Bet she's gonna give you a bunch hehehe" she's giggling like a maniac and it's kind of scaring Irene.

 

"No. You're gonna scare the child" she said firmly. 

 

"Oh so you really want a child with her huh Miss Bae"

 

Oops 

"Oh look at the time, gonna be late for my next class. Gotta run now!" she's looking at the non-existent wristwatch on her arm. She quickly grabbed her stuff and shoved it in her satchel.

 

Time to run now before Jennie teases her to death even more. "Damn you Jennie Kim. I'm gonna drink all of your yogurt in the fridge just so you wait. " she whispered while running-walking away from their faculty room.

 

"Didn't she realize that she grabbed her huge paper weight and calendar?" Jennie was laughing after Irene

Please log in to read the full chapter