the day we became friends

full of you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

September 22, 2006

Journal,

Months had passed, I think everything's good. My classmates are really kind and approachable, as well as my teachers. Surprisingly, they were the first ones who approached me and introduced themselves to me. I can say that I am already comfortable with my new classmates. They helped me a lot during my adjustment period in the academy. So far, I can roam around without the fear of getting lost.

What about Wan? Today is really a good day, you know. Why? 'Cause we officially became friends. Earlier, I hesitated to approach her at the garden but when she saw me, she invited me to sit with her. Our conversation started with her pets and ended up laughing about our shameful moments. I also did something I thought I will never do. But I feel happy that it happened; that I, at least, tried.

Even though we don't talk that much ever since the first day because probably we aren't in the same class, she still beams at me whenever we see each other at hallways or at the cafeteria every lunch break. But whenever we had the chance to conversate with each other, she would often talk to me about random stuff, telling me about her day and how stressed she was on her school works. Sometimes, she would ask me about my day, my experiences, my views about certain things and etcetera. I am pleased that she still giddily talks to me even if I can't reciprocate her energy. Moreover, hanging out with her did something good to me - I can finally interact with other people freely unlike before.

By the way, her real name is Seungwan. She told me that weeks after the day we met. I also told her my real name. I never knew why I gave her my nickname in the first place; I should've said my real name instead. But anyway, the thought of being friends with her somehow delighted me though. I was thinking that we were just like acquaintances or those who only know each other at school.

If Chanyeol and Baekhyun were here with me, they would probably tease me - saying I already had a girlfriend or something. Ah, those guys, I miss them. I should talk to them later through telephone call so I have to end it here now.

By the way, I have two exams tomorrow. Wish me luck. LOL.

- Soo

"I don't think Mr. Kim will come."

"Yeah. He's already 30 mins late. I guess he's not really coming."

"Then let's go to the cafeteria then!"

"Good idea. Let's go!"

Kyungsoo, on the other hand, was casually sitting on his seat located at the back, near the window. He was focused on his newly bought book, consuming his time for reading about 20 pages already because their teacher wasn't there yet.

His classmate saw him and tried inviting him to join them. "How about you, Kyungsoo?"

When he heard his name, he immediately looked at the person who called him. It was Junmyeon, who he once partnered up with in their English class. "No, thank you. I'll stay here."

The other boy smiled and nodded. Then, he and their other classmates went out of their room. Kyungsoo was left there together with few students who were busy studying for their exams tomorrow. Kyungsoo was a bit confident that he could pass his exams for he already started reviewing since last week.

After less than 5 minutes, Kyungsoo closed his book and looked outside the window. The sun was shining brightly towards the grounds.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter