-1-

Blizzard - Ateez - SeongJoong

With every step, you could hear the snow crunching underneath his boots as he hurriedly walked towards the cafe. Seonghwa didn’t plan on getting off in the small town but he heard people on the bus mention how beautiful the town was and him being a photographer he couldn’t help but stop but this wasn’t what he expected.

 

He wandered around a bit taking photos for most of the day and he planned on getting on the last bus that leaves the town but with the strong winds that suddenly rose up as well as the heavy snowfall he had no choice but to stay in.

 

When he entered the cafe it felt like his body melted immediately with the sudden heat surrounding his body, he was greeted by a tall brown-haired guy who was standing behind the counter. The cafe was basically deserted, so the surprised looked on the guy’s face when he saw Seonghwa didn’t come as a surprise.

 

“I honestly didn’t expect anyone to come with the blizzard coming,” the guy said, Seonghwa placed his bags down at a table and walked over to the counter, he saw the guy’s name tag which read ‘Yunho’.

 

“I didn’t expect to be here either, I was only stopping by and then leaving on the 5 pm bus but as we can see that bus won’t be running,” Seonghwa said with a sigh, Yunho looked at him a bit and realized that the guy was indeed a new face.

 

“Do you have anywhere to stay?”

 

“Nope, I don’t even have a lot of cash with me, I went on a trip. I basically have enough money for a bus ticket,” Seonghwa said in a frustrated tone, Yunho nodded a bit.

 

“Well I will get you some food and a drink, my friend runs an inn, well it was an inn, he is in the process of fixing it up, I’m sure he’d let you stay there for a few days at no cost,” Yunho said as he pulled his phone out of his pocket.

 

Seonghwa was a bit surprised as well as confused, he was a total stranger to Yunho, so why? Why would he help him so easily?

 

“That probably sounded creepy huh?” Yunho asked him, Seonghwa wasn’t sure how to respond.

 

“Not really? I don’t really understand why you would help me”

 

“This is a small town, it’s kind of normal here? Like we help one another, everyone in the town is one big family” Yunho started to explain as he took out a pie he baked that morning and got a plate, “We help one another and any stranger that comes here” he told Seonghwa.

 

“Oh, but are you sure though? I can always try to make a plan” 

 

“I’m really sure~ here you go,” Yunho said handing the plate to Seonghwa “What drink would you like?” 

 

“Thank you, and Hot Chocolate please” Yunho nodded and turned to get the drink.

 

“Here you go, let me call my friend quickly,” Yunho said, grabbing his phone again, Seonghwa nodded and took the cup and plate to the table where he left his bags and sat down, he kept an eye on Yunho as the taller placed his phone against his ear,

 

“Hong Hyung, can I ask you a favor?” Yunho spoke, Seonghwa couldn’t hear what the person on the other line said but he took it the person agreed to the favor.

 

“Someone just came into the cafe, they were going to take the later bus back to their hometown but because the blizzard is starting up now he can’t go, he doesn’t have a lot of money with him so is it okay if he can stay at the in for a little? Until this storm clears up”

 

The smile growing on Yunho’s face made it clear that it was okay, and that the person agreed. Yunho hung up and let out a content sigh.

 

“He agreed, I hope you don’t mind kids” 

 

“Kids? I love kids, why?”

 

“Ah well hyung has two little girls, so he was a little worried that they would inconvenience you”

 

“Oh definitely not, I just hope I won’t be an inconvenience to him, you said the Inn still isn’t open right?” Seonghwa said, a little worried.

 

“Nope, Hyung said it’s fine then it’s fine, no need to worry, when you’re done eating tell me then we can head there together” Seonghwa nodded a little and quickly finished the pie and the drink Yunho gave him. 

 

Yunho helped Seonghwa collect his things and proceeded to lock the café up and then led the boy to his car and drove them to the Inn. 

 

When they got closer Seonghwa saw a sign that was busy falling off the sign post it was on, it read 'Dear Deer Inn' he thought the name was quite cute it immediately made him look for any deer that may be in the area. 

 

"The deer aren't around much anymore, this place was empty for a few years so they left, some still come from time to time,” Yunho told him with a big smile. 

 

"Oh, well I hope they return for good" Seonghwa mumbled the last part. 

 

They arrived at an oldish building, it looked quite rundown but Seonghwa didn't care as long as he had shelter from the brewing snowstorm he was fine with whatever it was. 

 

Yunho once again helped Seonghwa collect his things and the two walked towards the front door, the closer they got the louder two high pitched voices became, Yunho smiled instantly. 

 

He opened the door after placing the bag in his hand down and crouched down. Seonghwa was confused at first but when he heard little footsteps coming towards them he instantly understood.

 

Two little girls came running straight into Yunho's arms, Seonghwa found it quite adorable, more footsteps were heard and soon Seonghwa saw a short boy, he had bright blue hair and he seemed a little out of breath.

 

“Seola, Siyeon don’t just run away like that,” the boy said then looked towards Yunho “Yun I’m sorry,” the boy said, he looked towards Seonghwa and blinked a bit.

 

“Is this the guy you mentioned?” he asked Yunho.

 

“Yep hyung, this is Hongjoong hyung and hyung this is… wait I never got your name,” Yunho said slapping his forehead a bit.

 

“Oh I’m Seonghwa” 

 

“Right, Joong hyung this is Seonghwa” 

 

“Hi Seonghwa, please make yourself comfortable here, since you might end up being here a while,” Hongjoong said with a smile, Seonghwa was a bit taken aback, the boy’s smile was beautiful.

 

“Thank you” was all Seonghwa could get out.

 

They all headed into the Inn, Hongjoong held one of the little girls and Yunho held the other. Once inside Seonghwa took the place in a bit, you could tell it was old as everything was out of date and quite dull, it didn’t seem like it would pull anyone’s attention.

 

“It isn’t much but I plan on fixing it up” Hongjoong mentioned as he placed down the girl on the sofa.

 

“Oh also, these two are Siyeon and Seola, they are twins,” Hongjoong said, he pointed to each twin as he spoke.

 

“They are adorable, but they are also identical, I feel like this will be hard,” Seonghwa said with a smile.

 

“Not really, their personalities are quite different, if you hang out long with them you will pick it up quite easily,” Hongjoong said with a laugh.

 

“Yun will you keep an eye on these two for me, I will show him to his room,” Hongjoong said with a smile, Yunho happily agreed.

 

Hongjoong led Seonghwa towards one of the rooms on the first floor, he opened the door and let Seonghwa enter first.

 

“It’s not much but it’s probably the best room I have right now, the ones on the second floor is a literal mess,” Hongjoong told him.

 

“It’s fine since I will be here a while please do ask me if you need help, you are letting me stay here for free so it’s the least I can do” 

 

“I appreciate it a lot, I need a lot of help for this place… money as well but if I can get it partly fixed up then I can start thinking about opening it up again” Hongjoong said with a small smile but to Seonghwa it sounded like the boy was a bit sad but he pushed the idea away.

 

“I will leave you to unpack and settle in while I go start on dinner” 

 

“Okay, thank you once again” 

 

Hongjoong sent him one last smile and then left the room, closing the door behind him.