-5-

Blizzard - Ateez - SeongJoong

Time passed on and Hongjoong and Seonghwa worked on fixing up the Inn, from time to time Hongjoong’s friends came and helped out, Seonghwa would sometimes take his camera to take photos of Hongjoong and the twins as they were working outside.

 

The Inn started looking better and better as the days passed by and Seonghwa was starting to feel happy he forgot all about his past relationship, and he really didn’t fully understand why he felt the way he felt whenever he was with Hongjoong and the twins, it was almost as if a switch in him flipped and his heart would beat really fast.

 

In the end Seonghwa shrugged it off, he wanted to help with the Inn as much as possible so he didn’t want to be distracted by whatever he was feeling.

 

Eventually the Inn was in a state where Hongjoong could finally open it for business and Seonghwa took all the photos for the website Hongjoong was creating, and in no time the website was up and running.

 

Things were really going well, about a month had passed since Seonghwa had been there, sure he missed his friends but he was happy and his friends were okay with it as long as he was doing well.

 

The Inn had a few guests and Hongjoong planned a small bonfire for everyone who wanted to join them, he and Seonghwa were sitting on a log roasting their marshmallows, the twins had fallen asleep awhile ago so they were in their room.

 

One by one as it got later the guests ended up turning in for night leaving Seonghwa and Hongjoong still sitting at the fire, they sat and talked, sharing thoughts on how far they had come and so on.

 

“I honestly don’t know what I would’ve done if you didn’t help me out with this” Hongjoong said as he looked at the Inn with a small smile on his face.

 

“I’m happy I could’ve been of help to you, I have been staying here so long and yet you still won’t let me pay, so it feels like I somewhat paid you” Seonghwa told him.

 

“How can I let you pay, you came here on a whim and you didn’t have a blizzard in mind it just happened and you weren’t prepared, so in the end even when you got the money and the blizzard was over you already offered to help me and we became friends as well and I can’t expect my friends to pay to stay in a rundown Inn” Hongjoong said with a shrug.

 

“I-” Seonghwa let out a small huff causing Hongjoong to laugh at him and stuck out his tongue.

 

The two stared at one another for a while, neither really realizing they were leaning in; they were only inches away from kissing when Seonghwa’s phone rang, they almost jumped apart instantly.

 

Seonghwa fumbled to get his phone out of his jacket pocket, he looked at the caller ID and saw that it was Wooyoung, he was a little confused as to why the boy would call him this late at night when they talked earlier that day.

 

“Woo?” Seonghwa asked, he was met with heavy breathing and sniffs, he furrowed his brows a little.

 

“Woo is everything okay?” Seonghwa asked this time, catching Hongjoong’s attention.

 

“H-Hyung, S-san h-he” Wooyoung said between sobs.

 

“What about Sani, Woo?” Seonghwa heard someone speaking in the back and then heard some static.

 

“Hyung, it’s Jongho” Jongho greeted him, he sounded a little more composed which caused Seonghwa to calm down a bit.

 

“What happened Jjong?” 

 

“Sani hyung fell down the stairs at your apartment today, he didn’t see they were washing the stairs and the elevator was out of order so he took the stairs anyway, he got a bit injured, he is currently getting checked out by the doctor, Woo is in a state, they gave him things to calm down but nothing is really working” Jongho told him.

 

“Okay, I’ll be there by morning, keep me updated Jjong” Seonghwa told the boy.

 

“Hyung there is no need to come here now”

 

“No, Sani is my friend Jjong, he is in the hospital Woo is in a state, I should be there for them” The moment Seonghwa spoke those words Hongjoong’s eyes widened, he himself started panicking, he knew how much Seonghwa’s friends meant to him and hearing that one of them was in the hospital really worried him.

 

Seonghwa hung up soon after and shared a look with Hongjoong.

 

“It’s okay, you can take my car and go, there are no busses running now and this is an emergency” Hongjoong told him.

 

“N-no I can’t do that Joong, I have no idea when I will get back, it might be a really long time”

 

“It’s fine, I trust you Hwa, you’re my friend and you’re no thief, you will bring it back eventually” Hongjoong reassured him.

 

Seonghwa didn’t know how to respond, Hongjoong moved Seonghwa’s bangs a little with a small smile on his face, “Come on, let’s get your things packed or else you won’t be able to get there by morning” Hongjoong told him.

 

“Okay” 

 

The bonfire now fully abandoned, the duo packing Seonghwa’s things, both were quite sad about it but they knew there wasn’t much of a choice in this situation, Hongjoong felt although he really like Seonghwa, they were nothing, there was nothing going on between them so he had no right to stop Seonghwa from going even if it meant he might only see him in the far future.

 

They packed everything into Hongjoong’s car, sharing one last hug before Seonghwa got into the car “Tell the girls I will see them again soon” Seonghwa said with a small smile. Hongjoong nodded and then proceeded to watch as Seonghwa drove off into the night.